VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. An Avisynth cropping preview function.

CropPreview 2020-02-03.zip

This is a cropping preview function based on the previews from the CropResize script, and I thought I'd upload it for anyone who's interested. Sometimes it's easier to look at what you're cropping before actually cropping it.

It's very simple to use, although there is a help file. When using Avisynth's Crop() function, you can use pCrop() for a cropping preview (naturally when you adjust the cropping you need to refresh the preview), and when you're happy, remove the "p" from the beginning of the function name to crop.

There's three cropping previews, and the other two are enabled by adding more "p"s.
    Obviously this image doesn't really need cropping, but to demonstrate...

pCrop shows the cropping preview as yellow lines.

pCrop(18,20,-26,-36)

ppCrop shows the cropping preview as yellow transparent borders.

ppCrop(18,20,-26,-36)

And pppCrop shows the cropping preview as the inverse of the picture, much like AvsPmod's preview.

pppCrop(18,20,-26,-36)

Naturally when you're happy, you just remove the "p"s to crop.

Crop(18,20,-26,-36)

Because sometimes it's handy, there's also wrapper functions for displaying the current frame number and/or time over the video. The help file has details, but they work by appending letters to the other side of the function name, and can be used with or without a cropping preview enabled.

CropP(18,20,-26,-36)

Last edited by hello_hello; 28th Feb 2020 at 02:46.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm glad you'll have a use for it!
    Quote Quote