VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to synchronize an audio with the video but i don't know how to do this, i want delay the audio, someone know if have GUI that can do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. The easiest way is to put the audio and video in an NLE -- e.g. Vegas, Magix, Premiere, get it roughly in position, then nudge until it looks right.
    Check to see if sync is maintained from beginning to end. If it isn't, look to see if it's a constant drift or if there are differences between the audio and video content. They may be different versions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. First use a media player like MPCHC which has a built in function that allows you to adjust the audio delay while playing the video (keyboard shortcuts + and -). Note the required delay (the program shows you the current delay in milliseconds). Then remux the video with something like MkvToolnixGui, setting that audio delay value.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I look the delay value in audacity, but i want a program or GUI that can do the delay without re-encode the audio.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The remux method I gave will not reencode the audio.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i try with mkvtoolnix and look again in audacity with the new file, but have no change.
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you apply a positive delay in MKVToolNix the audio probably won't change. If you apply a negative delay it might, as MKVToolNix might cut the beginning of the audio as required (MKVs can't have negative delays).

If you've applied a positive delay and imported the audio into Audacity it'll probably be exactly the same. The delay applied with MKVTookNix only tells the player how much to delay the audio stream on playback. After you applied a delay with MKVToolNix, did the A/V sync change for the output file?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The delay is negative, there is a way to do this directly in audio file, a "permanent" delay?
    Quote Quote  
  9. MkvToolNix removes the start of the audio to create a negative delay. Or you can delay the video instead of advancing the audio. Samples with audio advanced by 1000 ms, or video delayed by 1000 ms.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 3rd Feb 2020 at 11:32. Reason: added samples
    Quote Quote  
  10. You have to find the effective delay first with VLS player (Tools, sync).
    The you can remux your video with the defined delay with my smart FFMpeg gui, Multiplex section
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/395425-New-small-GUI-for-FFmpeg
    Last edited by ProWo; 15th Feb 2020 at 05:30.
    Quote Quote