VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. [QUOTE=hello_hello;2572470]
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    So what happens if the OP needs to crop a few pixels from the sides and still have a width of 1280?
    Exactly, Universe will explode first and then shrinks into itself. That will happen.

Those 2pixels of black on side (which happened about 1 in 30-40 BD's at best mostly with animated feature, when I was backing up BD's 10 years ago.) are perfectly all right to stay there, because no one even notices. If you want to crop it and screw it up for eternity (Im sure you forgot or will deny your own examples, where cropping 10 pixels meant nothing to you) because you can, why not. They will show up later again with questions how to fix aspect ratio and you will again try to fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    Those 2pixels of black on side (which happened about 1 in 30-40 BD's at best mostly with animated feature, when I was backing up BD's 10 years ago.) are perfectly all right to stay there, because no one even notices.
    10 years and you still can't calculate cropping and resizing properly? The pixels of crud are on the sides of a lot more discs than that even though you don't notice, and they're perfectly alright to remove if you've mastered elementary school maths.

(Im sure you forgot or will deny your own examples, where cropping 10 pixels meant nothing to you) because you can, why not.
    I've no idea what you're on about. Does it have any basis in reality? Why would I deny anything? Below is a screenshot showing what I'm cropping from the sides of a DVD as we speak, and it's only 720 pixels wide. Who's going to lose sleep over cropping 10 pixels out of 1920?
    I'd end up with the second screenshot below after resizing, while you're limited to cropping 8 pixels each side before resizing because any other the maths is too hard, and you'd be left with the third screenshot after resizing. Aside from it looking ugly, you actually boast about it being the better way to do it. Mental. How much aspect error can you see in my resized image compared to the way you'd do it?

They will show up later again with questions how to fix aspect ratio and you will again try to fix it
    You're just making stuff up now.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	c1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	51802  

Click image for larger version

Name:	r1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	51803  

Click image for larger version

Name:	r2.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	51804  

Last edited by hello_hello; 2nd Feb 2020 at 17:17.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Congratulations on dismissing giving a 100% correct and easiest answer. Also bringing up ifs and maybe that do not exist in here now.

Sharc was giving second answer , right at the top, and I waited you show up and bury his answer so op was WQWing thinking that is the answer. You did exactly that.

We have here legit BD, do you understand that?

Regarding this last post of yours you are continue to ridicule yourself. We talked about this , even if it is not a subject here, not sure why you keep coming with yet other if's. And you know the answer.

I had to dig it up again, how to do it in Megui:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/385778-How-to-find-out-correct-resolution-in-Megui#post2501875

and something about last magical trick of yours starting to talk about DVD or VHS.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/385778-How-to-find-out-correct-resolution-in-Megui...e2#post2502005

Please read that AND most importantly stay on subject, op question, and do not make stuff up.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    Congratulations on dismissing giving a 100% correct and easiest answer. Also bringing up ifs and maybe that do not exist in here now.
    Comedy gold! I didn't dismiss any answer, I just offered my own. Not a mention of anyone else's method, just an explanation of how to crop and resize in MeGUI, which the OP obviously uses. I still wouldn't have mentioned the Sharc/Al method had you not had a dig at me when you stuck your nose in. It's like reality is whatever you're imagining it to be at the time.

....but for some reason, some just insist to get to resolution involving floating points and all kind of math adventures.
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Of course if there's nothing to be cropped from the sides your method would be fine in this case, but why not just offer your method like I offered mine? I didn't feel the need to suggest your method too just so I could then point out it's completely useless if you want to crop from the sides and resize to a specific width.
    We have here legit BD, do you understand that?
    Whoever said there's no such thing as a stupid question hadn't anticipated that one.

Regarding this last post of yours you are continue to ridicule yourself. We talked about this , even if it is not a subject here, not sure why you keep coming with yet other if's. And you know the answer.
    Apparently agreeing with you isn't enough. Maybe if I highlight it in bold for you again. I agree with you and you bury Sharc's answer by arguing with me about agreeing with you, then blame me for doing it.

Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    That whole argument was simply because Al resizes the video first, ie 1920x1080 to 1280x720, and then crops the black, and won't consider doing it another way. It's a terrific way to do it if you're not concerned about the final dimensions because there can't be any aspect error, but if you need to crop a few pixels from the sides too, you'd end up with something like 1274x528 etc, and of course it doesn't always work for non-standard source resolutions.
    See how easy it is to admit your method has it's place. Why can't you be all grown up too?

Please read that AND most importantly stay on subject, op question, and do not make stuff up.
    Reality and you are complete strangers, aren't you? First you bring up the past with some nonsense that I'll deny how many pixels I crop, and after I prove I won't, you supply links to the past for no apparent reason, and from there you tell me to stay on topic, and fpr an encore, you copy what I said about making stuff up, to make stuff up about me making stuff up. I haven't done this in a long, long, long time, but RAOFL!!

I've made two detailed posts answering the OP's questions, one of which you referred to as a page of bla bla because it's too hard for you, and then you tell ME to stay on topic.

Did you forget to answer my question about the aspect ratio, or have you pretended not to see it? I ask because you keep going on about my method causing people to mess up the aspect ratio, so please tell me what's wrong with it.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 2nd Feb 2020 at 23:32.
    Quote Quote