VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone know where I can find an Extron IR901 remote? IR903's are seemingly available everywhere but I need an IR901. None on eBay and none of the many IN1502's on there have remotes with them.

Or how can I remote control an IN1502 via its serial port from Windows?

I picked up a IN1502 and an AverKey3 Plus (with remote) super cheap. I'm going see how it goes running S-Video from an AG1980 to the IN1502 to scale to 800x600 then put that into the AverKey3 to capture S-video.

Hopefully the Extron scaler will clean up / stabilize the video to give the AverKey3 a clean signal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    why? the in1502 in strictly a scaler. no line or frame tbc.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The scaler shouldn't pass through any copy protection signals, real or improperly detected on home recorded tapes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The in1502 is quite antiquated now, and not very versatile for CE devices, but whatever.

Look at chapter 3 of the user manual. It says pretty plainly how to format SIS ascii commands and communicate via an rs232 serial port. If you need some verification assistance in testing them out, also DL a copy of DataViewer.
    Or just run PCS when you need to make a change, since it should work with that model and has a decent gui for it (I would assume).
    <edit>nm, it appears they dropped pcs support of that model a while ago</edit>

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 28th Jan 2020 at 01:12.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What's PCS and what's the newest version with support for the IN1502?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    PCS=Product Configuration Software.
    Current version is 4.5.1. Oldest version I see listed in their archives is v1.3.x

Not sure when it was dropped.

...upon further reading, it looks like it pre-dates PCS (IN1502=c.2005, vs PCS=c.2012/2013), so likely was never supported.

Scott
    Quote Quote