VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used Chrome extension type video downloaders like Flash Video Downloader, Stream Video Downloader, Video Downloader Professional and Video
    Downloader for Chrome for a long time. But in the last few months or so, they have been progressively working less and less and now they will not work on most sites. The people that designed these are no longer responding to emails but they are still available in the Chrome store.

Are there any free downloaders that still work? Chrome extensions are convenient and have always worked well. I am not looking for a Youtube downloader but, of course, it's ok if it will download them as well.

Also, I tried to post this in the Video forum and it said it was not taking any new posts. Is that just the general header forum called "Video"?

Thank you!

VH
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I gave up on browser plug-ins. You should use youtube-dl, which supports many many sites. It is command line, though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
    ... You should use youtube-dl, which supports many many sites. It is command line, though.
    There's a GUI available for youtube-dl. I've also used clipgrab successfully.

You can't count on using just one app though. Streaming site mgrs don't like users dl'ing their content so they're always changing protocols.
    Quote Quote  
  4. try chrome ext
    Stream Recorder - download HLS as MP4
    Quote Quote  
  5. JDownloader2 should be mentioned, too.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, guys! Yep, sure, something wrong is taking place. Stream Video Downloader Chrome used to be golden, it was downloading everything. But now it wouldn't download a simplest open source video. It's dead. I guess, video sites ask Chrome and other browsers to stop their activities or just litigate all those working downloaders.
    Can anyone name desktop VPN with UK servers that are free of charge? Hola VPN wouldn't download to my Win 7, so does UrbanVPN and TomVPN. I have downloaded SoftEther but it's unstable and their UK location is often Japan. And BBC has blacklisted DewVPN UK server. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by makepeace View Post
    Hi, guys! Yep, sure, something wrong is taking place. Stream Video Downloader Chrome used to be golden, it was downloading everything. But now it wouldn't download a simplest open source video. It's dead. I guess, video sites ask Chrome and other browsers to stop their activities or just litigate all those working downloaders.
    Can anyone name desktop VPN with UK servers that are free of charge? Hola VPN wouldn't download to my Win 7, so does UrbanVPN and TomVPN. I have downloaded SoftEther but it's unstable and their UK location is often Japan. And BBC has blacklisted DewVPN UK server. Thanks.
    I use OpenVPN desktop client and buy transfer on vpnonline.pl to download content which is restricted outside Poland. They have a couple UK VPN servers see here:
    https://portal.vpnonline.pl/serwery.html
    I don't know any free, if you want quality for service you need to spend some money and I found their packets affordable.
    Pozdrawiam
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use firefox, and Ant Video Downloader is getting me everything, including netu.tv!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hello friends! I am new to the site and wanted to ask the same thing, I have several days trying to download and convert some videos.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Vidpaw and it's been very reliable so far.
    Quote Quote