1. Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post

Code:
    SetMemoryMax(16)
    Don't forget to change

SetMemoryMax(16)

That's 16 MB
    Quote Quote  
  2. ah ok,

but computational complexity is lowest or higher using yadifmod/nnedi3 instead of yadif (X86)?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post
    ah ok,

but computational complexity is lowest or higher using yadifmod/nnedi3 instead of yadif (X86)?
    Much higher complexity (slower), because of NNEDI3. But typically yadifmod2+nnedi3 should still be faster on most systems than QTGMC with "super fast" preset

NNEDI3 is the "bottleneck" by far , whether x64 or x86 (unless there is memory bottleneck for x86)

There are some GPU variants that can speed it up , NNEDI3 OCL (open CL), and optimized CPU znnedi3 (for vapoursynth), and NNEDI3CL (vapoursynth CL version) but overall it's still very slow

(If you want fast, QTGMC, CUDA variant, KTGMC can run 5-10x faster than CPU QTGMC if you have a fast Nvidia GPU ; this can be must faster than yadifmod2+nnedi3 ; but it requires a separate cuda avisynth setup)
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 15th Jan 2020 at 16:02.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have do some proof: NNEDI3 is too heavy to keep the playback in sync my NLE (it's a NLE so high of level that I don't say the name so not to advertise

yadif seems the best quality but I have this strange problem in some clip with details (is a mystery of how strangely possible is this)

an alternalitve is
    Code:
     LeakKernelBob(order=1,threshold=10,sharp=true,twoway=true,map=false)
    not bad but not the same quality of yadif.

I wonder yadifmod does do a deinterlace without without recourse to an external plugin like NNEDI? or is there another deinterlacer that is not so heavy like NNEDI that do a deinterlace of yadif quality?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post

but it does not work
    You didn't copy it correctly. Look more closely or copy paste directly

if possible I would like to have the "freedom" to use catfunction() in both the way:
    It does work both way ;

You can also change the arguments to specify the order, mode as variables. Currently they are "hardcoded" in catfunction() as order=1, mode=1 . The problem is the "field" in NNEDI3 has to match the other arguments (it's not that simple;eg. field=3 matches top field, double rate)

You can name it dogfunction() if you want
    Code:
    SetMemoryMax(16)
    Import("v:\automazioneclip\avisynth\plugins\IResize.avsi")
    LoadPlugin("v:\automazioneclip\avisynth\plugins\LSMASHSource.dll")
    LoadCPlugin("v:\automazioneclip\core\yadif.dll")
    LoadCPlugin("V:\automazioneclip\AviSynth\plugins+\LeakKernelDeint.dll")
    LoadCPlugin("V:\automazioneclip\AviSynth\plugins+\yadifmod\yadifmod.dll")
    LoadCPlugin("V:\automazioneclip\AviSynth\plugins+\NNEDI32019\nnedi3.dll")

LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\c116\C0116.MXF")
    catfunction()

function catfunction(clip c)
    {
      yadifmod(c,order=1,mode=1,edeint=nnedi3(c,field=3))
    }
    tjis seems works, I was wrong not to put the string exactly as you said it
    Or you could simply have left out the pipe in your earlier script:

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Nuova cartella (5)\canon422 XF300 1920x1080 50i 422.MXF") yadifmod(order=1,mode=1,edeint=nnedi3(field=3))
    Or loaded the video again for nnedi3:

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Nuova cartella (5)\canon422 XF300 1920x1080 50i 422.MXF").yadifmod(order=1,mode=1, LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Nuova cartella (5)\canon422 XF300 1920x1080 50i 422.MXF").edeint=nnedi3(field=3))
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post
    I have do some proof: NNEDI3 is too heavy to keep the playback in sync my NLE (it's a NLE so high of level that I don't say the name so not to advertise

yadif seems the best quality but I have this strange problem in some clip with details (is a mystery of how strangely possible is this)

an alternalitve is
    Code:
     LeakKernelBob(order=1,threshold=10,sharp=true,twoway=true,map=false)
    not bad but not the same quality of yadif.

I wonder yadifmod does do a deinterlace without without recourse to an external plugin like NNEDI? or is there another deinterlacer that is not so heavy like NNEDI that do a deinterlace of yadif quality?

yadif is known for these - deinterlacing artifacts, or "marching ants" . The quality really isn't that good. It's fast, that's it. All fast deinterlacers will have those types of artifacts. You have to decide where you want to make tradeoffs . In general, you cannot have high quality and speed ( unless it's GPU KTGMC, with a fast Nvidia GPU)

If you omit edeint; ie. Yadifmod(order=1, mode=1) it is the same as yadif . Same quality. Same speed. Same artifacts. The external NNEDI3 is for fixing those artifact areas. It's used for interpolation instead of yadif's own algorithm . You can use other filters for edeint , but some are even slower like EEDI3 .

Or use a physical file instead of "live" avfs . There is additional overhead with avfs too
    Quote Quote  
  7. I try use

Code:
    Import("v:\automazioneclip\avisynth\plugins\IResize.avsi")
    LoadPlugin("v:\automazioneclip\avisynth\plugins\LSMASHSource.dll")
    LoadCPlugin("V:\automazioneclip\AviSynth\plugins+\LeakKernelDeint.dll")
    LoadCPlugin("V:\automazioneclip\AviSynth\plugins+\yadifmod\yadifmod.dll")
    LoadCPlugin("V:\automazioneclip\AviSynth\plugins+\NNEDI32019\nnedi3.dll")

LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\c116\C0116.MXF")
    Yadifmod(order=1, mode=1)
    but seems to get this error:

yadifmod: args 0 and 4 must be clips!

what can it be?

something like the catfunction can be help?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Sorry, that's for yadifmod2 , not yadifmod . original yadifmod requires edeint specified

yadifmod2(order=1, mode=1) is same as yadif(order=1, mode=1)
    Quote Quote