VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been editing clips for tv news and other stuff for ages and never had this issue before.
    I film with a Sony NX 100 (AVCHD 50fps) and was recently asked to film a wedding.
    So after 2 weeks of editing ( in premiere elements 15) the wedding is edited. They want it on a USB for Hd and DVD to pass around to friends etc.
    Usb (mp4) played fine on my smart tv.
    On checking the dvd ( pal ) it was jerky.
    For some reason I had not noticed when I started editing premier elements had for some reason decided to set NTSC 60fps for the project.
    People are back from wedding tomorrow and expecting the video.
    Any ideas without having to completely re edit?
    Quote Quote  
  2. AFAIK you cannot change the project settings in Premiere Elements once you get editing.

However, Premiere Pro has a free trial period and is capable of importing Premiere Elements projects.

Once you import the project you can change the timeline settings to match your footage. Then output.

I have not done the Elements import part personally. Others may have better solutions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/importing-sequences-clip-lists-libraries.html
    Last edited by smrpix; 13th Jan 2020 at 06:51.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Can you:
    *export your edl
    *create a new 50fps session
    *import the exported edl (along w assets)
    *re-render & export your new timeline?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Can you:
    *export your edl

Scott
    This is what I was trying to do yesterday but couldn't see how to export the timeline in premiere elements 15. Can this be done? If so fantastic as would save re editing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by E Howland View Post
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Can you:
    *export your edl

Scott
    This is what I was trying to do yesterday but couldn't see how to export the timeline in premiere elements 15. Can this be done? If so fantastic as would save re editing.
    Elements doesn't support EDLs. That's why I recommended pulling the project, with its timeline into Pro, where you can change the timeline and project settings freely.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Originally Posted by E Howland View Post
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Can you:
    *export your edl

Scott
    Elements doesn't support EDLs. That's why I recommended pulling the project, with its timeline into Pro, where you can change the timeline and project settings freely.
    Thank you. Im try that.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    AFAIK you cannot change the project settings in Premiere Elements once you get editing.

However, Premiere Pro has a free trial period and is capable of importing Premiere Elements projects.

Once you import the project you can change the timeline settings to match your footage. Then output.

I have not done the Elements import part personally. Others may have better solutions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/importing-sequences-clip-lists-libraries.html
    Thanks. I got the trial of premiere pro running. Got my elements project in. Changed the sequence to avchd pal 50fps.
    Went to export it as mp4 and got stuck. ( not As easy as in elements)
    No ideas what settings to use.
    Used h 264 high quality 1080p and h.264 sane ads project settings.
    Both took over an hour to make which seemed normal but at the end the dialogue box said 100% but then it just hung. Did this 3 times before running out of time. The file(s) it made were mp4 filled at 0kb and an acc file at 15 GB which didn't play and an mp4 file.
    Any ideas?
    Just need a full quality mp4 to put on a USB stick for the customer.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by E Howland View Post
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    AFAIK you cannot change the project settings in Premiere Elements once you get editing.

Thanks. I got the trial of premiere pro running. Got my elements project in. Changed the sequence to avchd pal 50fps.
    Went to export it as mp4 and got stuck. ( not As easy as in elements)
    No ideas what settings to use.
    Used h 264 high quality 1080p and h.264 sane ads project settings.
    Both took over an hour to make which seemed normal but at the end the dialogue box said 100% but then it just hung. Did this 3 times before running out of time. The file(s) it made were mp4 filled at 0kb and an acc file at 15 GB which didn't play and an mp4 file.
    Any ideas?
    Just need a full quality mp4 to put on a USB stick for the customer.
    From your description, I can't see anything obvious you've done wrong.

A couple of things to try.

(Obviously make sure you have enough disk space for the output.)

1. Make sure you have saved your project before outputting.

2. Try using Adobe Media Encoder rather than outputting straight from Premiere. AME automatically installs with Premiere. You can drag your Sequence from the Premiere Project Window into AME. It may process for a few seconds to a few minutes depending on the speed of your computer before it actually appears.

Click on the name of the preset (in blue) to open more options. If you're using h.264 select "Match Source" as it appears you've already done.
    Make Sure your Video and Audio are set how you want (Audio should be AAC) and Multiplexer is set to MP4.
    Quote Quote