VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone!

Can anyone help me finding what is causing this " weird pulsing" effect on my videos, this happens when recording with standart color profile or "d-cinelike" flat profile, the device records video up to 4k 60fps @100 Mb/s, i've included a sample here, i used avidemux to select a few seconds of video and join them on a single file without any audio/video reconversion, the device im using is a DJI osmo Pocket

I tried to find some info on that "weird pulsing" and the closest i got was some info on a youtube video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1310HP78Jh0

on the first clip there's also a stutter when panning but it goes away when recording at 60fps

Can anyone help finding what is causing this?
    Thanks
    Image Attached Files
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  2. The youtube video you linked to is showing keyframe pumping. Your video is showing 24 fps flicker. Shooting at 24 fps requires motion blur to reduce that flicker. You do that by using longer exposure times, typically 1/2 the time between frames. 1/48 second for 24 fps video. Or just shoot at 60 fps.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info jagabo, are you talking about the panning or the flicker? on the second clip as i pan down theres a "flicker" in the horizon and trees, on the 3rd clip there's flickering on the left above the water stream on the "bushes", ive set up the device on auto exposure since 1/48 would give me a over exposed video, i guess i have to find some nd filters for it.

Thanks for your help.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm talking about the flicker. If you can't reduce the aperture you can use an ND filter.
    Quote Quote