VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to create a video of 24 frames from a single jpg, but hybrid keeps saying the video crashed and aborts. The thing is, I had successfully done this with Hybrid a few months ago. So I can't tell what I'm doing wrong this time.

On the Hybrid main window, I tick the Image Sequence box to switch the source selection to Image Sequence Selection. Then, on the image sequence selection window, I tick the Single Image box and select the 1st Frame image as the image for the whole video. Next, I set Frame Count to 24 and Frame Rate to 23.976 (24000/1001) Click on Accept. Set Output filename on the main window. I've already used the same encode settings to encode other videos for the past few days, they work. Yet, this one won't. When I tell Hybrid to start on the job, it just crashes the video shortly.

Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I am aware I can use ffmpeg in commandline as an alternative to create an mp4, then convert it to a video of the correct encode with hybrid, but that doubles the time spent on this operation. So I would prefer to do it in a single step with Hybrid.
    Last edited by Compositor; 10th Jan 2020 at 01:55.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can't really tell what is going wrong.
    Would need a debug output (best level 9) of the job processing.
    read: http://www.selur.de/support

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. What are the jpg dimensions ?

Originally Posted by Compositor View Post
    I am aware I can use ffmpeg in commandline as an alternative to create an mp4, then convert it to a video of the correct encode with hybrid, but that doubles the time spent on this operation. So I would prefer to do it in a single step with Hybrid.
    Why not a "correct" encode in ffmpeg with a single step ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's 1920x1080.

I copied a simple commandline instruction I saw on this forum for the ffmpeg operation. I would rather not have to type all the settings in manually for ffmpeg. They look quite long in Hybrid.
    Quote Quote  
  5. btw. just release a new version which fixes a Image Sequence bug another user reported, so that version might fix the issue here,..

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    btw. just release a new version which fixes a Image Sequence bug another user reported, so that version might fix the issue here,..

Cu Selur
    That worked, I was able to make a video out of the image again.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. That looks awesome. Are you able to add color in old movies and photos too that way? I was looking for a way to colorize photo of a client that brought me a 70s picture of his family and would pay well to have it made in color. I couldn't find any program that would be of high quality for such a task. I had to call a few friends who did this kind of work before and told me that imagecolorizer is a great one to do such work. I just wanted to see if there were other similar apps or programs that I could use as I always like to have alternatives.
    Last edited by Granolca; 5th Apr 2021 at 21:27.
    Quote Quote  
  8. No, Hybrid has no option to colorize images or a video.

You could:Note that the important part - the colorization - would have to be done outside of Hybrid.
    If someone implements Vapoursynth filters which uses DeOldify or InstColorization I'll be happy to add support for those in Hybrid, but I will not try to add either of those in Hybrid.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yep. I had a similar issue, and it worked out after resizing my pictures to lower resolutions. Have you tried it this way? It was a quick get-around till I was able to get my hands on imglarger.com and never have to go through this nonsense procedure again. It takes lots of time to resize photos with lousy programs, and some of them are even paid, which is sad. They have some other cool functions for photo editing, which I use instead of Picasa and Photoshop. I'm getting lazy lately, and waiting for a heavy photo editing program to open up is feeling too much.
    Last edited by Greirat; 1st Jun 2021 at 21:45.
    Quote Quote