VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all, I have downloaded and started using the 4K Video Downloader in Mac desktop, which works, but I cannot find the location of the videos that have been downloaded as they are not in the 4K Video Downloader folder?? Which leaves me confused about why that folder was created at all.
    They do exist on the computer, but I have no clue where they are downloaded to, so I wanted to set it to download to a specific folder, which I cannot figure out how to do.
    Can someone explain to me how to get this app to download where you set it to, or is that even possible?? Because I did open 4K Video Downloader > Preferences, but there was nothing about location of downloaded files, and I am trying to get the physical audio mp4 file on my computer to convert it using another app I use, but I have no idea where it is located. Please advise me here, and Thanks in advance!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, I am adding more information to my question here, because this app has decided to have a new and improved bug since I enabled Smart Mode....
    This seemed to have been the option I was searching for, but after enabling it, now it says that YouTube is not a supported site anymore, and wants me to use the Mail app to send a request to allow the site??
    I am confused again by this, and do not understand how changing a setting, can block a website from being authorized for downloading from.
    Do I need to remove the app, and then reinstall it new, for it to work properly??
    Else, do they have some kind of support provided for the app that I could contact??
    Again, Thanks in advance!!

PS. I am going to delete 4K Video Downloader, and then get a new copy to install, I guess....
    I will check back here, if that does not work either, or maybe just search for s different video downloader application that works....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey,

Maybe a bit late but this might help future users. To see where your download has ended up, once you've downloaded it click on the "three dots" and choose "show in finder"... this will show you the location of your files.

Secondly, if you want to change where to save future files. copy + paste a youtube link to download it, before you click "extract", click on "choose" to change where you want to save all your files. e.g. in my case I save everything to "downloads"

Hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    mikaePD
    Thanks so much dude. I had it set to go to desktop on the old laptop and couldn't remember htf I did id before. Finding the 4k folder with the downloads in it is a real pain. I joined specially to thank you.
    Quote Quote