VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all

I have been playing around with trying to clean up an old NTSC sourced animated show, and have eventually found a script that works to my satifaction for the first steps.

All it is, is the following:

Code:
    MPEG2Source("c:\vidtemp\hmjp\hmd1ep3.d2v")
    AnimeIVTC(mode=2)
    TemporalDegrain(SAD1=200, SAD2=150, sigma=8)
    I'm opening in Virtualdub
    With no other filters applied, I'm saving as AVI using Huffyuv from FFDShow, which I've done many times before for other files, without any issue.

It gets a part of the way through and then says:

"RequestLinear: internal error (frame not cached)!"

I have googled and found this article, which may well help, but I'm still learning about AviSynth, and I'm not sure how to achieve what it is suggesting.

https://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-148546.html

An idiot's step-by-step would be appreciated, or an alternative solution if someone has encountered this issue before.

Many thanks
    Nick
    Quote Quote  
  2. I suspect you're using a multithreaded build of AviSynth and AnimeIVTC() doesn't support multithreading. Try using TFM().TDecimate() instead.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jagabo. I could be, not sure!
    I'll try that later, but it works fine with that line on it's own. It's when the next line is added it starts to cause an issue.
    I will however try what you suggest, in case it's the combination of the two lines.

Thanks
    Nick
    Quote Quote  
  4. TemporalDegrain() is likely to read frames out of order and that is probably what's causing the problem.

One way around this is to run only AnimeIVTC() and save the results to a losslessly compressed intermediate files, then run TemporalDegrain() in a separate script using that lossless file as the source.

Some other possibilities: If you're using AviSynth MT try adding SetMtMode(5,1) at the begining of the script. That will force it to run single threaded. See if that works. Also try adding SetMemoryMax(2000) so it can use more memory.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks will try those 2 first, and if no joy run them separately.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    With animeivtc, mode=2 is using srestore and that filter doesn't play well with other temporal filters. I'm seconding jagabo's suggestion of running a lossless encode with just animeivtc first.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys. To save me time I just ran them separately rather than trying the other fixes. Works fine now.
    Quote Quote