VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I think I only selected the subtitle on the 5th tab and dit nothing on tab 2. Maybe that caused it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. No, you don't need to select any subtitle on tab 2.

You can verify if the stream has been really selected with the BD3D2MK3D.log file in the project folder. When a subtitle stream is selected (either in tab 2 or in tab 5), you should see a message like this :
    *** Converting "00017.track_4610.Fra.sup" to 2D. Please wait!

And, unless the stream is empty of doesn't contain the requested forced subtitles, it should appear in the file __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs, like this:
    SupTitle("00017.track_4610.Fra.sup")

Anyway, I will verify here...
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have just verified, and I can confirm thaty hardcoding the subtitles in Full-SBS mode works perfectly. However, in my previous post, I wrote something not totally correct. The SupTitle command is what it should be for Half-SBS. For Full-SBS, there are two SupTitle commands in the AVS script, like this:
    left = SupTitle(left, "00007.track_4608.Deu.3D_left.sup")
    right = SupTitle(right, "00007.track_4608.Deu.3D_right.sup")

(Of course, the stream number and language code can differ.)

Anyway, it is easy to see how many subtitles there are in the hardcoded stream. Just open the subtite directory in the project folder (for my example, it's 00007.track_4608.Deu.3D_2D) and see how many PNG files there are in the folder. Each PNG is a subtitle. If the folder doesn't exist or if there are no PNG files in the folder, that means that you did not select a subtitle stream, or it was an empty stream (that may happen in very rare cases) or you have selected the stream with the forced subtitles only and there is no forced subtitle in the stream.

If you are not sure, post here the content of the BD3D2MK3D.log file, and I will probably be able to understand the problem...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to use the GPU rather than CPU for encoding? I have a GTX 980ti I'd like to take advantage of, but I'm fairly new to command line.
    Quote Quote  
  5. It's an interesting question. Unfortunately, x264 and x265 do not have GPU capabilities. According to their programmers, using the GPU to encode a video cannot give a really good quality, and therefore they have excluded that possibility. I agree with them. All GPU based encoders currently available are less good than x264 or x265. However, using the GPU to do quick encodes, for example for testing purposes, may be a good thing.

Since BD3D2MK3D uses x264 or x265 natively, it is not directly possible to encode with the GPU. But it is also possible to encode with your own command line, and if you configure properly BD3D2MK3D, you can use for example the nvenc encoder by nVidia, that can use the GPU. I did some tests, and I can tell you how to configure BD3D2MK3D to do it.
    1. First, download nvenc and extract the required files somewhere. Also, be sure to have the suitable driver for your graphic card properly installed.
    2. In BD3D2MK3D, select the option Settings -> AVC/HEVC Encoder -> Use your own command line encoding, and accept the warning.
    3. In the last tab, you will notice that the x264/x265 parameters have been replaced with a few buttons (with help messages) and two fields where you can insert your own custom command and a filename.
      You can of course define that command yourself, but as an example, here is the command I have used for my tests:
      Code:
      "path\\to\\NVEncC64.exe" ^\n --codec avc --cqp 26 --profile high --level 4.1 --preset quality --sar ${sar} ^\n --colorprim bt709 --colorrange limited --chapter chapters_3D_delay.ogm.txt --key-on-chapter ^\n --input "__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs" --output "video3D_nvenc.avc"
      Of course, you must change the path to point to the directory containing nvenc. Note the double \ in the path. They are required.
      Also, note the ^\n between the different parts of the command. It's used to insert a new line so that the command will be easier to read if you need to edit the __ENCODE_3D.cmd file, but they are not absolutely necessary.
      The --codec avc --cqp 26 --profile high --level 4.1 --preset quality arguments controls the encoding mode and quality. You can of course modify them to suit your needs.
      The parameters between ${} (like --sar ${sar}) are substituted by BD3D2MK3D with the correct value when the project is generated. See the "List of variables" help to see what variables are available.
    4. The output (video3D_nvenc.avc in my example) is up to you, but you must copy that filename in the "Filename of the video stream" field just below the command, to tell the muxer what file it must load to produce the final MKV.
    5. When the command is properly defined, I strongly suggest to use Settings -> Save tabs settings now, to save the command for the next time. It will be remembered from session to session. (You can independently also save the encoding settings for x264 and x265 the same way. The settings for the currently selected encoder are saved independently.)
    6. That's all.
    Note that you are responsible to provide a good and working command. I have added the possibility to define custom commands at the request of some powerful users, but I cannot help you if you decide to use that possibility. You have to learn yourself how to use your encoder.

Also, I must say that I have been somewhat disappointed by my tests with the nvenc encoder. Although the encodings where faster, the speed gain was minimal, and I don't think it is worth using a GPU based encoder, especially given the less good video quality. Of course, the gain may depends of other factors, like your GPU, your CPU, or your appreciation of what "gain" means.

I hope this can help you. Good GPU encoding !
    Last edited by r0lZ; 12th Apr 2021 at 04:22.
    Quote Quote  
  6. 3900x, 32gb ram, 2080 ti
    Search Comp PM
    Looking for information on how to rip exceptionally high quality full sbs video files from 3D blu rays to watch in VR.

I have a bunch of 3D blu rays that I'd like to rip in the highest practical form that I can for watching in VR. I do have a 32:9 monitor so if that's needed/helpful for playing full SBS in VR I can.

I've managed to rip a few movies and they play in VR so I don't need info on the basics, but understanding how to configure BD3D2MK3D to retain as much detail as possible in full SBS format would be much appreciated. My first attempt at ripping Ghost in the Shell left some crushed gradients in a particularly dim scene and it was really off-putting. I don't recall the settings I used unfortunately.

If there's a guide, or a profile I can load that will help me nail my rips each time it would be appreciated. I have lots of storage space so larger file sizes would be fine.

Any help, advice, links, etc.. would be appreciated, thanks in advance for anyone that can offer some guidance.

P.S. Currently planning on using Bigscreen or Virtual Desktop for viewing. If there are better options I'm open to recommendations. If there are paid software options that will give a high quality experience (Either ripping or playing) I'm open to those too.

P.S.S. PC Specs AMD 3900x, 32gb ram, 2080 ti, Windows 10
    Last edited by Nubsly; 22nd May 2021 at 21:44.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Welcome to the VideoHelp forums, Nubsly.

To improve the quality globally, you can simply lower the CRF value (0 means lossless but huge file size!) You will obtain a more crisp picture, but take in mind that lowering the CRF value by 3 means approximately doubling the size of the video stream. If you have plenty of disc space, I suggest to try a CRF value around 16.

The banding effect is more difficult to avoid. You can probably minimize it by using the 10-bit color depth (or even 12-bit for x265). But take in mind that a 3DBD is always encoded in 8-bit, and therefore, using a higher bit depth will only minimize the slight banding effect that is added to the original picture during the resize and the x264 encoding. Unfortunately, you cannot remove the banding already visible in the original 3DBD. It's why using a higher bit-depth is often considered as (almost) useless, especially because it requires more disc space.

Note also that x264 or x265 have many, many settings that can be fine-tuned manually, but that require a good knowledge of the h264 encoding methods and their parameters. You can specify some additional parameters in the "additional options" field in the last tab of BD3D2MK3D, but I'm not expert enough to give you good recommendations. I suggest to post your question in a good forum about x264 encoding, where more knowledgeable persons will probably be able to help you. Personally, I really think that the default parameters, fine-tuned by the authors of x264 themselves, are excellent, and that adding manual options is not necessary, and may even give worse results. Also, be cautious. There are many sites with "recommendations" to obtain "the best quality" with x264. Usually, those sites are useless at best, and often totally wrong. For example, an article that recommends to use 2-pass encoding rather than CRF is certainly to avoid, as 2-pass should be used only when you have to control precisely the final file size ! In all other cases, CRF is better.

Good luck with your encodings !
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, Nubsly,

before trying to get the best possible quality of FullSbS videos, you should verify that your VR-hardware can handle FullSbS correctly.

The VR-hardware I have knowledge of is only capable of using HalfSbS-videos as input.

Stephan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi r0lZ,

In the "Clone Subtitles Positions" tool, did an old bug sneak in again?

When I check to process only the subs in the upper half part of the screen, "X & Y" and "Y only" coordinates are not copied from the guidefile to the exported xml-file.
    I didn't check "X only" btw. Could you please have a look?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  10. Well, I can't find any bug.

Maybe it's the way it works that is not very clear. The option to process only the upper subtitles works only if the subtitle OF THE GUIDE is in the upper part of the screen. If the subtitle in the original file is in the upper part of the screen but the subtitle in the guide is in the lower part of the screen, nothing will be modified. IMO, it's normal, as that option is primarily intended to align the subtitles generated from a SRT file (and therefore always in the lower part of the screen) with a guide from the original BD (possibly with upper subtitles). It's indicated in the GUI: "Process only the subtitles in the upper half part of the screen (in guide stream)".

My tests did exactly that. The x and y positions of the upper subtitles of the guide are cloned if the two options are selected. If only Y is selected, only the Y position is cloned. It is not possible to clone only the X position, as there is no sense to move the subtitle along the X axis if it is not at the correct position along the Y axis.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi r0lZ,

I still have the issue, it bugs me. Check out the screenshot.

[Attachment 59425 - Click to enlarge]

Here I checked the "upper half" and both X and Y. The output screen says that subtitles haven't been modified because the guide subs are in the lower half of the screen. They certainly are not.

Here is the first couple of lines from the guide xml file I tested with:

- -
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <BDN Version="0.93" xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="BD-03-006-0093b BDN File Format.xsd">
    <Description>
    <Name Title="TEST" Content=""/>
    <Language Code="eng"/>
    <Format VideoFormat="1080p" FrameRate="23.976" DropFrame="False"/>
    <Events Type="Graphic" FirstEventInTC="00:00:26:19" LastEventOutTC="01:49:03:10" NumberofEvents="1252"/>
    </Description>
    <Events>
    <Event InTC="00:00:26:19" OutTC="00:00:29:09" Forced="False">
    <Graphic Width="494" Height="140" X="711" Y="136">TEST_0001.png</Graphic>
    </Event>
    <Event InTC="00:00:29:11" OutTC="00:00:33:14" Forced="False">
    <Graphic Width="979" Height="140" X="469" Y="136">TEST_0002.png</Graphic>
    - -

(Sorry for the smiley, I think the shortcut is written in the text)
    Obviously the first subtitles are in the upper half. So, there should be no mentioning that all subs are in the lower half. It's also mentioned when upper half is checked and with "Y only" checked.

When "upper half" is NOT checked, things are fine for both "X and Y" and "Y only". I tested with 2 guidefiles. Same result. Is it possible my guidefiles are corrupt? I do them like I do for years: load the original SUP in BDSup2Sub and then export as XML/PNG.

FYI I tried with previous version 1.21, but it stays the same

A word about adjusting only X-coördinates.
    Actually, it can come in quite handy. A lot of new BDs and UHD-BDs have SUPs that are authored to display from left to right and everything inbetween. Should I want to use the Y-coördinates of my home-brew SUP and want to keep the SUPs "moving horizontally", as on the original disc, you can imagine being able to clone only the X-coördinates is priceless.

[EDIT] I don't know what's wrong or not. I did 2 other coördinates-cloning and everything went ok again. With both "upper half" and "Y only" checked.

I think I'm having corrupt guidefiles evry now & then, where I wonder how that comes. Been doing this for years...
    Last edited by Ennio; 12th Jun 2021 at 16:05.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Well, perhaps the subtitles in the upper part of the screen are displayed exactly when there are no subtitles in the source stream. There are more subtitles in the guide, and if the timings of the additional subs do not correspond to subtitles in the source file, they are ignored anyway, regardless of the options you have selected.

I can check it myself if you wish. Send me the two XML files (not the PNG please), and I will have a look...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi r0lZ,

Question about how the position clone tool reacts to subtitle-images in the inputfile that are wider than those in the guide. It adds the phrase "WARNING="WiderThanGuide"" into the "<Graphic Width=..."-lines of the output xml. Because of that, the xml file can't be imported in any tool again, like Subtitle Edit and BDSup2Sub.

I assume you engineered it this way.
    As this warning is also shown in the output window and log, would it be possible to (create an option to) leave the warning out of the resulting xml, so that one can go on with it?

Evry now & then I come accross SUP files that have small fonts and I want to enlarge them a bit. The only way I can continue with this kind of output xml now, is to remove these WARNING="WiderThanGuide" lines manually, which is quite cumbersome.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  14. Sorry, but that information is just another tag in the XML file, that should simply be ignored by a program that doesn't know what to do with it. It's also the case of the Depth tag, added exactly in the same way when the XML/PNG file is converted to 3D.

However, I remember I've fixed a bug with the warning tags, something with missing quotes or similar. I don't remember if it was relatively recently. I have just tried here, and the XML can be opened by SubtitleEdit, so I guess the bug is not fixed yet in the current version. Just to be sure, can you post here a COMPLETE <Graphic> line (with the warning of course) ? Something like this:
    Code:
    <Graphic Width="155" Height="131" X="882" Y="100" WARNING="WiderThanGuide">SE 4 LINES_0001.png</Graphic>
    I should be able to verify if the bug is still present.
    Thanks !

Note that you can easily remove all occurrences of the WARNING="WiderThanGuide" text in a single operation with any text editor. Even the ultra-basic notepad can do it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi r0lZ,

In the meantime, I think I found out a bit more and I have to re-describe the issue.
    You have to understand that sometimes my workflow has a 2 pass cloning process. I'll explain how.

First pass, I take the input and copy only the X-coordinates (for ALL subs) from the guidefile. This "New X pos" output xml shows the warning in the lines like I described in my initial post. And what I thought to be the culprit. But, indeed as you say, the warnings don't matter and the xml can succesfully be imported and processed in SE and BDSup2Sub.

Second pass, I take that "New X pos" output file from step 1 as input to the cloning tool, with the same guidefile. This, to do "Upper part" and "Only Y" from the guide.
    The resulting "New X pos - New Y pos" file is the one I need to go further with. It's in this 2nd pass where things go wrong. Reading the 2nd output xml, it shows the same warnings (which aren't a problem) in same lines, but 1 line shows the warning twice. Like this line which I copied::

<Graphic Width="156" Height="131" X="881" Y="147" WARNING="WiderThanGuide" WARNING="WiderThanGuide">0071.png</Graphic>

I checked if there was something odd or wrong with this particular subtitle (timings, size, out-of-boundaries? etc). Which I couldn't find. Also, the xml from step 1 only shows the warning 1 time, like the rest of them.
    Correcting only this line made the xml processable again in formentioned tools. I hope you're helped with this.

Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    Note that you can easily remove all occurrences of the WARNING="WiderThanGuide" text in a single operation with any text editor. Even the ultra-basic notepad can do it.
    Could you please tell me how? I did it now by searching (F3) for the string, delete it, find next, delete it etc. etc. till the end.
    Not a real problem for a couple of lines. But when you have hundreds or sometimes a couple of thousands of them...
    Quote Quote  
  16. I see. Indeed, the same warning should not appear twice. I will have a look...

With notepad, begin by copying the string you want to remove in the clipboard (in your case, it should be " WARNING="WiderThanGuide"" (with the leading space). Then, be sure to move the cursor BEFORE the first occurrence of the string (as most text editors replace only the occurrences after the cursor). Then, open the Replace GUI: menu Edit -> Replace or type Control-H. Paste the string to remove in the "Find what" field. Leave "Replace with" empty. Click Replace All. Close the dialog. Done.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I feel like an utter moron. Using Notepad for centuries, I must've never noticed the replace function.
    And the fact that I have been using Ctrl+H in Subtitle Edit from day one wouldn't vouch for my sanity, would it? I'm terrible with this kinda crap.

It took me a second, but as a workaround for now, I can of course first do the "Upper part - Y only" and the "X for all" after.

Anyways, no hurries and thanks a million, r0lZ
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A quick question please.

I have 3D mkv movies that I would like to convert to full sbs. Following all the instructions and help in this thread, I've tried three times but can only get an output of half sbs 3D movies in the output folder. These play perfectly with sound etc.

But in addition, a copy of the movie is also rendered at the same time and put in the project/temp folder and named MKV3D_3D.264. This file opens and presents a beautiful full screen sbs 3D picture which plays fine except no sound, and the controls of the player(s) are rendered inactive(can't move slider forward to another time in the movie, etc.).

I have the Stereoscopy setting box unchecked at the Half- side by side setting, and have left all other settings to defaults. Is there another setting I need to use/enter to enable the output file in the output folder to be full screen 3D sbs with audio?

I'm sure I'm probably missing something simple, any assistance would be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  19. No, if the Half- checkbox is not enabled, then you should obtain a Full-SBS rendering. Are you sure it is really half ? You may see a Full-SBS image shrunk to 16:9 by the player. (It's normal, as the aspect ratio specified in the MKV is 16:9, and the player respects it. Of course, it is not supposed to show the two views side by side.)

You can easily verify the resolution of the MKV with MediaInfo or the information issued by a good player. I'm sure it will show a video resolution of 3840 x 1080.

The MKV3D_3D.264 file is indeed generated by BD3D2MK3D. It's the video stream alone, not yet muxed with the audio and subtitle streams and the chapter points in the final MKV container. Therefore, it is normal to have no sound and no navigation possibilities. (Normally, a file with a .264 extension should not be played directly, and is even unplayable by most players.) It's exactly the same video stream that is included in the final MKV, so if you see the .264 file in Full-SBS, then it's an evidence that the final MKV is also in Full-SBS format, and you see it deformed by your player.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the excellent information, indeed when I played the final movie through Deovr, Skybox, and Bigscreen on the Quest 2 it worked fine, and the data does show full screen 3D properties. I should not have doubted! Interestingly, if one changes the final file extension from mkv to .264 the output file does shows up in full res sbs with the players like the .264 in the project folder.

Thanks again for your great work and product!
    Quote Quote  
  21. I am somewhat of a newb at this, I have ripped probably 300 3D blu-rays, and to be honest I don't really know much about how it works, but I know the steps to get it done! I have recently had an issue where when I'm processing the video in the MS-DOS looking screen, my pc hard crashes. This happened on my old AMD pc and also on my new Intel pc. I've been using version 1.22 on both, should I revert back to an older version?
    Quote Quote  
  22. If the problem occurs only with one specific blu-ray, that means probably that the copy is corrupt, and there is something in the video streams that is abnormal. Try to re-rip the BD, and restart the whole procedure.

I don't think that another version of BD3D2MK3D can solve the problem, but perhaps you should try to uninstall and re-install Avisynth.

Another problem that occurs often is related to bugs in the Intel hardware decoder. If you have an Intel CPU, try to set the option Settings -> MVC Decoder -> Hardware Acceleration -> Disabled, and restart the creation of the project.

You may also try to update the x264 encoder. Download it here, and replace the exe in the BD3D2MK3D\toolset folder.

Please let me know if one of these solution worked. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    If the problem occurs only with one specific blu-ray, that means probably that the copy is corrupt, and there is something in the video streams that is abnormal. Try to re-rip the BD, and restart the whole procedure.

I don't think that another version of BD3D2MK3D can solve the problem, but perhaps you should try to uninstall and re-install Avisynth.

Another problem that occurs often is related to bugs in the Intel hardware decoder. If you have an Intel CPU, try to set the option Settings -> MVC Decoder -> Hardware Acceleration -> Disabled, and restart the creation of the project.

You may also try to update the x264 encoder. Download it here, and replace the exe in the BD3D2MK3D\toolset folder.

Please let me know if one of these solution worked. Thanks.
    I have tried these steps and had the same issue. My pc just shuts off during the MS-DOS part of it. I've been doing this process for quite some time, with no issues, but all my videos are stored on an external drive, was there some kind of update that would make that be an issue?
    Quote Quote  
  24. I don't think so. I use an external drive too, without problem. Anyway, nothing has changed in my code that could explain that kind of problem. It's why I suspect perhaps a problem in avisynth or x264.

Another thing to check: verify if there are foreign/accented characters in the paths to your project and to the BD3D2MK3D installation folder. That may be a problem. If it's the case, change the folder names so that they contain only pure ASCII characters.

You have not confirmed that the problem occurs now with all your conversions, or just with one specific blu-ray ?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Image
    [Attachment 60420 - Click to enlarge]

Cannot run BD3D2MK3D because of the above error on start. Suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    I don't think so. I use an external drive too, without problem. Anyway, nothing has changed in my code that could explain that kind of problem. It's why I suspect perhaps a problem in avisynth or x264.

Another thing to check: verify if there are foreign/accented characters in the paths to your project and to the BD3D2MK3D installation folder. That may be a problem. If it's the case, change the folder names so that they contain only pure ASCII characters.

You have not confirmed that the problem occurs now with all your conversions, or just with one specific blu-ray ?
    Since seeing your post I checked all the paths and didn't see any foreign or accented characters, and yes this happens with all my projects. Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling? If so, should I start from scratch with the project, or can I try continuing from the folder created already with the _encode_3d_launcher command?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Yes, perhaps re-installing from scratch may solve the problem. Download the program again. You may have a corrupted archive.

For the second question, I don't know. I suggest to recreate a small project (for example with a short film or a preview), just to check if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by MarkS-Indy View Post
    Strange. This error should never happen. Perhaps it's an old bug, fixed recently. Are you using the latest version ? Anyway, try to download BD3D2MK3D again, and re-install it.

This error happens when the program checks if anysynth 64-bit is properly installed. Try to re-install it. It's probably sufficient to avoid the problem.

Do you have an old 32-bit computer ?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    Yes, perhaps re-installing from scratch may solve the problem. Download the program again. You may have a corrupted archive.

For the second question, I don't know. I suggest to recreate a small project (for example with a short film or a preview), just to check if it works.
    Sorry to keep bothering you, and thank you so much for your help! What is the best way to uninstall? Just delete the folder? Also, does it matter what folder I install it to?
    Last edited by MajinDustin; 24th Aug 2021 at 15:48.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    Originally Posted by MarkS-Indy View Post
    Strange. This error should never happen. Perhaps it's an old bug, fixed recently. Are you using the latest version ? Anyway, try to download BD3D2MK3D again, and re-install it.

This error happens when the program checks if anysynth 64-bit is properly installed. Try to re-install it. It's probably sufficient to avoid the problem.

Do you have an old 32-bit computer ?
    I believe I am trying to use the latest version, compiled in January 2021. My PC is 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 5 2400, 16G RAM, Windows 10 64bit.
    I have been unable to find a version of AviSynth that wants to install in the Program Files directory. Version 2.5.8 wants to install in the Program Files (x86) directory.

Addendum:
    I have MKVToolNix installed and use it quite frequently. Is there a tutorial that shows how to create a HSBS if you have extracted the left and right eye video files from the 3D BD (which I have already done)?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MarkS-Indy; 24th Aug 2021 at 16:30. Reason: Additional info
    Quote Quote