VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab Video Downloader and rip Netflix video! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by FPT2021 View Post
    i dont mind about space but even so if it dont need to be that big for the same quality, why not
    Note that I have not written that the quality is untouched. If you use sophisticated programs to compare the encoding in, say, CRF 10 with the original, they will detect many small differences. But I don't think that a non-mutant human is really able to actually see them.

There is two times the amount of video data to process for Full-SBS, so yes, it is normal that it takes more or less two times the amount of time to encode it in HSBS.

The "preset" option is a simple way to change many encoding parameters at the same time. You can fine-tune them manually if you wish (it's why there is an Additional Options field in BD3D2MK3D), but you have to know exactly what you are doing. Personally, I prefer to trust the guys who have programmed x264, and use one of their presets. I did some tests with many presets, and currentli I prefer the "slow"preset, but as I wrote above, it's because it is perfect for my hardware.

The names of the presets comes indeed from the duration of the encoding. In ultrafast mode, the encoding is very simple, and therefore it is, well... ultrafast, but it produces a very big file. I use it only to do quick tests. In the other hand, the slowest preset, placebo, encodes very slowly, because it uses very sophisticated algorithms, and of course, it compresses the video much better. But the complexity of the encoding makes it also difficult to decode it, and it's why some hardware have difficulties to display it without lags. Honestly, I can't say for sure if using a slower preset will cause problems, as that depends of the age and power of your hardware player, but of course, you will have to spend more time to encode your movies. So, if disc space doesn't matter for you, I suggest to stick with the default medium preset.

To boost the audio with an external program, I suggest to use Audacity or Ocenaudio. Both are free, and you will be able to boost the audio either slightly but without clipping, or after having gently compressed the highest peaks to keep the quality at an acceptable level. Stay away from the one-big-red-button-to-press-to-boost-your-audio programs, as they give always bad results. Furthermore, they are not free !
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks And about 10 bits, since that said that the original bluray its 8 bit it dont worth it to change it to 10? And about mode is CRF is the best option? About x265 "you should therefore verify the settings in the x265 (hevc) encoder options frames of the last tab to suit your need." i dont understand it. Maybe because im french lol. What and where is that last tab and what i should verify there or switch there and depending of what?
    Last edited by FPT2021; 18th Jan 2021 at 11:38.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by FPT2021 View Post
    And about 10 bits, since that said that the original bluray its 8 bit it dont worth it to change it to 10?
    IMO, encoding a 8-bit source in 10-bit doesn't make much sense, especially in Full-SBS. (In Half-SBS, some new colors can appear when the image is resized, but even in that case, 10-bit is overkill.)

Originally Posted by FPT2021 View Post
    And about mode is CRF is the best otion?
    CRF is the best option, yes. The worst is ABR (one single pass with fixed size or overall bitrate), then 2-pass (better than ABR because the second pass fixes the problems that the first pass cannot address due to the fixed bitrate, but still not perfect), then CQ (where you specify the amount of information you accept to remove, regardless of the bitrate), and finally CRF (similar to CQ, but it compresses more in fast moving scenes, where your eyes cannot see the little defects, and less in still scenes, where a perfect encode is necessary). Note that CRF 0 and CQ 0 are strictly identical, since you don't remove any information. BTW, do not trust the many sites where it is recommended to use 2-pass. It's only true with the encoders without CQ/CRF modes, or when you need to control the final file size precisely (and obviously it's not your case). And 2-pass requires of course much more encoding time.

Originally Posted by FPT2021 View Post
    About x265 "you should therefore verify the settings in the x265 (hevc) encoder options frames of the last tab to suit your need." i dont understand it. Maybe because im french lol. What and where is that last tab and what i should verify there or switch there and depending of what?
    That sentence is in the long warning that appears when you select x265. Don't worry. It's because all encoding options in the last tab of BD3D2MK3D (labelled "Options and Go!") changes completely when you select another encoder. Therefore, the settings you have defined for x264 are not used, and you have to define similar settings for x265, taking into account the many differences between the two encoders. (For example, the default CRF value is 23 for x264 and 28 for x265, because they do not react the same way.)

BTW, my native language is French too (or almost French, more precisely Belgian French). And your English is perfectly understandable.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much to answering that fast. I appreciate that alot. Now i will enjoy the best quality in my quest 2. Have a nice afternoon or evening. Me im from Canada but im living in mexico for a year.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. i encoded my movie in full side by side and i tried all apsect choice. When i watch it with skybox it display fine. But when i click the full side by side option in skybox a part of the the top and the bottom of the movie is not showing it is croped and what ever the aspect that i choose in skybox. But when i unclik the full side by side option its perfect. Maybe someone know something about that? i know that probleme was reported by many who did the same. but i didnt find any solution. thanks.
    Last edited by FPT2021; 20th Jan 2021 at 18:25.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't understand what is the "full side by side option in skybox", and why you need to enable it, if without touching it, the result is perfect.

Anyway, if you cannot solve the problem by playing with the two "Full-SBS/T&B Aspect Ratio" options, that means that your Skybox cannot display correctly FSBS, or that it has a bug. I can't help, because all possible combinations of the two aspect ratio flags (in the video stream and in the MKV header) are supported by BD3D2MK3D.

IMO, it is probably better to post your question in a forum dedicated to your hardware.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The aspect is perfect when not enabled but it is not in full side by side. I dint realize that the top and bottom was cropped when i was testing it. full side by side give a better picture and 3d but it is croped" And side by side give perfect aspect but the quality of 3d and the pciture are not that good. I asked because maybe someone find a solution here. On skybox they still pretend that the full side by side button give a perfect aspect. but tons of people say the opposite to them.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I see. That confirms that the problem is on their side. Sorry, but I can't help. Good luck !
    Quote Quote