VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    @ngkhj:

In addition, should you want to make use of the 3D subtitles on the bluray, re-ripping and converting using BD3D2MK3D also gives you the benefit of being able to keep the original subtitle-depth.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have played the BD I had rebuilt on two Samsung and one LG bluray players. I can confirm it contains 3D video. I am not sure if you had rebuilt differently from what I did. Anyway I will try other methods to make the 3D SBS mkv or maybe just bite the bullet & take the Makemkv path to recreate it. Thanks for all your help. Have a good weekend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    @ngkhj:

In addition, should you want to make use of the 3D subtitles on the bluray, re-ripping and converting using BD3D2MK3D also gives you the benefit of being able to keep the original subtitle-depth.
    Thanks for the info!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ngkhj View Post
    I have played the BD I had rebuilt on two Samsung and one LG bluray players. I can confirm it contains 3D video. I am not sure if you had rebuilt differently from what I did. Anyway I will try other methods to make the 3D SBS mkv or maybe just bite the bullet & take the Makemkv path to recreate it. Thanks for all your help. Have a good weekend
    That's right. In a 3D blu-ray, the depth of the 3D subtitles are stored in SEI messages attached to the MVC video stream. Unfortunately, when the video is re-encoded, that messages are lost, and therefore, the correct depths of the individual subtitles cannot be preserved.

The 3D subtitles can be converted for SBS or TAB by BD3D2MK3D, but of course if they are still present in the source BD. (BTW, the SEI messages are not lost when you convert a 3D movie from a BD to a MKV with MakeMKV, because MakeMKV doesn't re-encode the video. The copy is not destructive, and BD3D2MK3D can still find the 3D info.)
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm hoping someone can help me because I must be doing something wrong. I'm trying to use MakeMKV 1.15.3 and BD3D2MK3D 1.2 to rip some of my 3D blu-rays for playback on an Oculus Rift 2. The problem that I'm running into is that the left and right images are not being reassembled by the player correctly, which I suspect is something in the tags and not so much in the actual video files themselves. I'm using defaults everywhere for half (and tried full) side-by-side. The opening Paramount logo, for example, has the Paramount mountain dead center. However, what I see is the left half of the image touching the right edge of the screen and the right half of the image touching the left edge of the screen so instead of () I see )(, if that makes sense. 2D playback looks fine, opening the file in VLC appears to show the right and left halves at the same time and they look fine as well, so I just don't understand why the 3D player is struggling with it (I've tried two different players, BigscreenVR and GizmoVR. I downloaded a sample SBS file online and that had no problems. Ideas?
    Quote Quote