VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    @ngkhj:

In addition, should you want to make use of the 3D subtitles on the bluray, re-ripping and converting using BD3D2MK3D also gives you the benefit of being able to keep the original subtitle-depth.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have played the BD I had rebuilt on two Samsung and one LG bluray players. I can confirm it contains 3D video. I am not sure if you had rebuilt differently from what I did. Anyway I will try other methods to make the 3D SBS mkv or maybe just bite the bullet & take the Makemkv path to recreate it. Thanks for all your help. Have a good weekend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    @ngkhj:

In addition, should you want to make use of the 3D subtitles on the bluray, re-ripping and converting using BD3D2MK3D also gives you the benefit of being able to keep the original subtitle-depth.
    Thanks for the info!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ngkhj View Post
    I have played the BD I had rebuilt on two Samsung and one LG bluray players. I can confirm it contains 3D video. I am not sure if you had rebuilt differently from what I did. Anyway I will try other methods to make the 3D SBS mkv or maybe just bite the bullet & take the Makemkv path to recreate it. Thanks for all your help. Have a good weekend
    That's right. In a 3D blu-ray, the depth of the 3D subtitles are stored in SEI messages attached to the MVC video stream. Unfortunately, when the video is re-encoded, that messages are lost, and therefore, the correct depths of the individual subtitles cannot be preserved.

The 3D subtitles can be converted for SBS or TAB by BD3D2MK3D, but of course if they are still present in the source BD. (BTW, the SEI messages are not lost when you convert a 3D movie from a BD to a MKV with MakeMKV, because MakeMKV doesn't re-encode the video. The copy is not destructive, and BD3D2MK3D can still find the 3D info.)
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm hoping someone can help me because I must be doing something wrong. I'm trying to use MakeMKV 1.15.3 and BD3D2MK3D 1.2 to rip some of my 3D blu-rays for playback on an Oculus Rift 2. The problem that I'm running into is that the left and right images are not being reassembled by the player correctly, which I suspect is something in the tags and not so much in the actual video files themselves. I'm using defaults everywhere for half (and tried full) side-by-side. The opening Paramount logo, for example, has the Paramount mountain dead center. However, what I see is the left half of the image touching the right edge of the screen and the right half of the image touching the left edge of the screen so instead of () I see )(, if that makes sense. 2D playback looks fine, opening the file in VLC appears to show the right and left halves at the same time and they look fine as well, so I just don't understand why the 3D player is struggling with it (I've tried two different players, BigscreenVR and GizmoVR. I downloaded a sample SBS file online and that had no problems. Ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have no experience with your VR players, so I can't help directly, but can you post here an image extracted from the sample SBS you have downloaded, or just post here the link where I can download the sample myself ? Perhaps that will help me.

Can you confirm that the aspect ratio of the movie created by BD3D2MK3D is correct (the image doesn't look stretched in a specific direction) ?

Also, have you checked BD3D2MK3D with several movies, or just one ? It is possible that a movie reacts differently for some reason.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm guessing that it's something in the metadata for aspect ratio or the like that is causing the issue because the image "looks" fine, see attached. But what I do notice is that unlike the sample video I downloaded, VLC is not properly stretching this video to take up the whole screen, so for some reason those black borders on the side appear to be messing with how the player reassemble the video into a 3D image. FFPROBE gives the following information but I'm happy to provide whatever will help me get to the bottom of this. This was done as a Full SBS with all defaults selected to my knowledge.

Code:
    Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'Star Trek Test 3D-SBS 1080p 3D-Full-SBS.mkv':
      Metadata:
        title           : Star Trek Test
        AUTHOR          : BD3D2MK3D 1.20
        creation_time   : 2020-12-01T14:27:00.000000Z
        TITLE-eng       : Star Trek Test
        ENCODER         : x264_x64.exe
                        : x264 0.161.3027 4121277
                        : (libswscale 5.6.100)
                        : (libavformat 58.33.100)
                        : (lsmash 2.16.1)
                        : built on Oct 26 2020, gcc: 8.2-win32 20190215
                        : x264 configuration: --chroma-format=all
                        : libx264 configuration: --chroma-format=all
                        : x264 license: GPL version 2 or later
                        : libswscale/libavformat license: LGPL version 2.1 or later
        ENCODER_SETTINGS: --crf 23 --preset medium --sar 1:1 --range tv --colormatrix bt709 --frame-packing 3
        DATE_ENCODED    : 2020-12-01
        ORIGINAL_MEDIA_TYPE: Blu-ray 3D
      Duration: 00:00:30.07, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 7905 kb/s
        Chapter #0:0: start 0.000000, end 0.054000
        Metadata:
          title           : 1 - 0:00:00
        Chapter #0:1: start 0.054000, end 30.072000
        Metadata:
          title           : Chapter 01
        Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(tv, bt709/unknown/unknown, progressive), 3840x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 32:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.9
    5 tbc (default)
        Metadata:
          title           : 3D Full-SBS (x264 high CRF 23 preset medium)
          stereo_mode     : left_right
        Side data:
          stereo3d: side by side
        Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: aac (LC), 48000 Hz, 5.1, fltp
        Metadata:
          title           : English (AC3 converted to AAC 5.1 quality 0.5)
        Stream #0:2: Attachment: text
        Metadata:
          filename        : __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs
          mimetype        : text/plain
        Stream #0:3: Attachment: none
        Metadata:
          filename        : __ENCODE_3D.cmd
          mimetype        : text/x-msdos-batch
        Stream #0:4: Attachment: text
        Metadata:
          filename        : BD3D2MK3D.log
          mimetype        : text/plain
    The original file shows this:

Code:
        Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(progressive), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc
        Metadata:
          stereo_mode     : block_lr
          BPS-eng         : 37413487
          DURATION-eng    : 02:02:22.209875000
          NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 176037
          NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 34337205383
          SOURCE_ID-eng   : 001011
          _STATISTICS_WRITING_APP-eng: MakeMKV v1.15.3 win(x64-release)
          _STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC-eng: 2020-11-30 02:22:17
          _STATISTICS_TAGS-eng: BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES SOURCE_ID
        Side data:
          stereo3d: frame alternate
        Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 640 kb/s (default)
        Metadata:
          title           : Surround 5.1
          BPS-eng         : 640000
          DURATION-eng    : 02:02:22.240000000
          NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 229445
          NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 587379200
          SOURCE_ID-eng   : 001100
          _STATISTICS_WRITING_APP-eng: MakeMKV v1.15.3 win(x64-release)
          _STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC-eng: 2020-11-30 02:22:17
          _STATISTICS_TAGS-eng: BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES SOURCE_ID
    [Attachment 56026 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  8. Unfortunately, there is no well designed standard for Full-SBS, and the aspect ratio necessary for a specific player may be different than for another one. It's why, in BD3D2MK3D, there are two options to change the aspect ratio for full-SBS : see the menu Settings -> Full-SBS/T&B Aspect Ratio. The aspect ratio is saved in two different locations, hence the two options, but most players take only one of them into account. Change the two options and try again with a short clip.

For Half-SBS, the standard is well defined, and should be OK for all players, including for VR. But it might be necessary to configure the player for the correct Half/Full mode.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks for those hints. I tried switching both the full/half setting as well as changing the AR setting but that didn't seem to make any difference, the output always looks the same in both players I try.

Does this sample help?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Well, the sample is encoded in HSBS with BD3D2MK3D, and it is IMO perfect. Full screen as it should (with only black borders above and below the picture due to the original Cinemascope format). A good 3D player should display it correctly. I'm not sure why the VR players display it wrongly. Perhaps there is a setting to change somewhere, but the two AR in the sample are correct, since there is no other choice for HSBS.

BTW, please do not test 3D material with VLC. Use a real 3D player like PotPlayer. Or extract the source image directly from the video clip, and do not post a screen capture of the player's window. In your capture above, the vertical black borders have been added at playback time by PotPlayer itself, to fill the empty space between the image and the border of the window. It's obviously not a problem in the video.

Here is a capture of an image from your sample made with PotPlayer. As you can see, there is no useless black border.
    [Attachment 56028 - Click to enlarge]

When the correct 3D options are used, the AR is correct, like with this anaglyph rendering, again with PotPlayer :
    [Attachment 56029 - Click to enlarge]

Sorry, but I can't help much more. Try to contact the authors of the VR players to get some help. And if you find the issue, please post the explanation here. I'm curious to know what's the source of the problem, and perhaps I will modify slightly BD3D2MK3D if it is sufficient to solve the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thank you for your help r0lZ. I had meant to download one of those recommended players but the kids had used up the internet cap so I was trying to avoid overage until this month started new, but I just grabbed PotPlayer for future testing. I agree with you that everything appears correct so I'll try to reach out to the VR player developers to see why both of their programs fail in the same way on this material but work correctly on something else I downloaded. I just figured I must have one stupid thing set somewhere that's causing an issue. If I find a resolution, I will let you all know. Or if you know of a good 3D player for VR headsets I could try, I'm all ears (and eyes). Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Sadly, I have no experience with VR. I bought a cheap headset, but not good enough to watch a movie, and I gave it to a kid. Currently, I prefer my Samsung TV.

Good luck !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi r0lZ,

Did you perhaps alter something in the "Clone Subtitle positions" tool?
    I recently noticed that, when only the "Y-coordinates" are checked in the tool's configuration window, none of the vertical coordinates of the guidefile are copied to the output xml.
    It does not matter whether "Process only the subtitles in the upper half part" is checked or not.

Can you have a look at it please?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hum, strange. Yes, I will have a look. Thanks.

[EDIT] Damn ! Yes, it's a stupid bug !
    I will release a new version soon...
    Last edited by r0lZ; 5th Dec 2020 at 10:20.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Here it is. Thanks again !

BD3D2MK3D v1.21
    v1.21 (December 5, 2020)
    - Fix: Clone Subtitles Positions did not clone the Y position if the X position was not changed. (Thx Ennio!)
    Download : BD3D2MK3D.7z
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, that was quick! Thanks for the fix, r0lZ
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi r0lZ,

I'm having trouble getting my finger on an old "tsMuxer 3D" issue. I can't remember exactly. I think you'll know, though.

It had something to do with tsMuxer not showing the right 3D-plane for certain SUPs (of certain discs?). Also the order of how the SUPs were displayed (or set!) in tsMuxer's tracklist was to be significant for a proper 3D mux.

Ring a bell? I also would not know if that issue is solved with the newer tsMuxer builds. At the time I didn't make notes and I plainly lost track
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yes, I remember perfectly that problem. In the old tsMuxeR, the (so called) 3D-Planes were assigned sequentially to the subtitles streams. Most of the times it's correct, but not always. The closed-source versions of tsMuxeR ignore the field in the MPLS file containing the real assignments, and it's the cause of the bug. In some cases, this has disastrous results (especially when the M2TS contains hidden "phantom subtitle streams" as I call them, not referenced in the MPLS). As you know probably, BD3D2MK3D shows you the correct assignments in its first tab, and you can therefore use it to correctly remux a 3DBD with any version of tsMuxeR. But don't worry. When the source code of tsMuxeR has been released officially, its development has continued, and I have noticed that bug (as well as another one) to the programmers. Although the current version is still somewhat unstable, that two bugs have been fixed. The version of tsMuxeR currently distributed with BD3D2MK3D works perfectly fine for the demux process and the 3D-Planes assignments. However, I don't use it to remux, and therefore I don't know if remuxing a 3DBD is safe with that version or with the latest one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your instant-acces knowledge, r0lz.

I am also trying to figure out what consequences there are by altering the order of SUPs in the track-window before remuxing.
    Would you know a specific disc title that has this bug?

Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    In some cases, this has disastrous results (especially when the M2TS contains hidden "phantom subtitle streams" as I call them, not referenced in the MPLS).
    Would you care to explain how these resuslts would manifest themselves?
    Quote Quote  
  20. As long as each 3D-plane is associated with the right subtitle stream and you do a movie-only backup, you can freely change the order of the streams. The problems occurs if you don't know to what stream a 3D-Plane is associated, or if the information is wrong (like sometimes with the old versions of tsMuxeR).

I call "phantom stream" a subtitle, audio or even video stream that is not referenced in a specific MPLS, but is present in the M2TS. Usually, that streams are referenced in other MPLS with the same movie, but with unusual characteristics (such as a secondary video stream displayed in PIP mode within the main video, a director comment available only when the movie is played in 2D, or even specific subtitles designed for the 2D version only). Imagine that there is, say, a phantom subtitle stream in the second position and the third stream is a regular 3D stream with a 3D-Plane. The total number of 3D-Planes is 2, since there is no need for a 3D-Plane for the phantom stream. But the old tsMuxeR will display a wrong info, with the second 3D-Plane assigned to the second stream (phantom), and that's totally useless. And, more importantly, the third stream (the second real stream in the MPLS) will have no 3D-Plane at all. If you don't pay attention, you will remux the third stream in 2D. That's what I call a catastrophic situation. Also, since the order of the streams is not always respected, even if all streams have a 3D-Plane, you may end up with the wrong 3D-Plane for a specific language. Although the depths of most subtitles will be corrects, some subtitles larger than their equivalent from the correct stream may have a wrong depth and enter into the foremost objects. There is also a problem with forced subtitles that may be completely absent in the original stream, and therefore will have no valid depth value in the 3D-Plane, and be presented on the surface of the screen, in 2D.

So, anyway, it is important to assign the correct 3D-Plane to the correct stream, and the new tsMuxeR should do it correctly (although, I repeat, I have no experience with the remux operation).

Unfortunately, I don't remember what BD has phantom streams or an unusual 3D-Planes order. Sorry. But don't worry. If you have never noticed major problems with your 3D subtitles, that means probably that you have been lucky, or that the wrong assignment was not so catastrophic !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your explanation. Crystal clear.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    (although, I repeat, I have no experience with the remux operation)
    Just to let you know, there is currently a discussion about important bugs occurring when a 3D BD is remuxed with the latest dev version of tsMuxeR, here at Doom9. So, if you use the latest version, be careful. I don't know for sure if the version distributed with BD3D2MK3D has similar problems, but I don't think so.

I would also like to reassure the BD3D2MK3D users. The latest posts in this thread are not about BD3D2MK3D, which does not use tsMuxeR to remux a 3DBD. I can guarantee that the version distributed with BD3D2MK3D does correctly what it should do (without of course being able to exclude that there are still unknown small bugs).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just to let you know, there is currently a discussion about important bugs occurring when a 3D BD is remuxed with the latest dev version of tsMuxeR, here at Doom9.
    I know. I am von Suppé at Doom9 Thanks though.

I would also like to reassure the BD3D2MK3D users. The latest posts in this thread are not about BD3D2MK3D, which does not use tsMuxeR to remux a 3DBD. I can guarantee that the version distributed with BD3D2MK3D does correctly what it should do (without of course being able to exclude that there are still unknown small bugs).
    I apologize for slightly polluting/confusing r0lz's thread. He is a very knowledgable person regarding 3D video and I use his 3D subtitle tools very often. Only not for the creation of a 3D file that BD3D2MK3D produces, which are flawless.
    I do movie-only remuxing to 3D iso, adding my home-brew subtitles. Therefor I use a tool that BD3D2MK3D is also using, but with other versions and other usage.
    Last edited by Ennio; 10th Dec 2020 at 06:08.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    I know. I am von Suppé at Doom9
    Ah ! I did not know that. Hi von Suppé !
    The world is so small !

No problem with the "pollution" of my thread. The discussion was useful for other peoples and me too.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    thankyou so much for support.

I'm currentrly trying to use BD3D2MK3D in order to convert a 3d iso movie I've got on my computer to SBS. I have no joy.

The demuxing process runs smoothly, but when I try to run __ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER on my project dir the process starts and stay put, without progress. Checking trough process monitor shows that there's no CPU usage by the encoder process.

I've tried to change --frames 205979 to --frames 1800 in the avisynth script file, to have faster a viewable result, buy no joy.

The computer is a Windows10 based, CPU is a AMD Athlon II X4 620E, got 16GB ram on board. I've installed AviSynth+ version 3.6.1

Pease help!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Well, strange. It's the first this problem is reported.

Can you please send me the BD3D2MK3D.log file (in the project folder) ? (See my email address at the bottom of my home page. Link in my signature.)

Try also to launch directly __ENCODE_3D.cmd (without passing by the launcher). That may help.

Also, perhaps x264 is blocked by your antivirus. If the command prompt window stays open but there in no CPU activity, that may be the case. Examine the log of your antivirus and/or try to disable it.

Finally, can you tell me if it's your first attempt to encode a movie ? The problem might be caused by a corrupted ISO. Try with another one.
    Quote Quote  
  27. BD3D2MK3D v1.22 is available.

It adds a new option available when you encode in Half-Top/Bottom to use the even and odd lines of the source material instead of merging them with a resize. If you have a LG passive 3D TV that can display the full 1080p resolution, you will benefit from this option, as there is no need to resize the image, and all details are retained. But please note that it is suitable only if your TV has the correct polarity: the even lines must correspond to the left eye and the odd lines to the right eye. In all other polarity configuration (such as "checkered") or if you have an active TV, this option is not recommended. (Thanks to Muf for suggesting this option.)

v1.22 (January 2, 2021)
    - Added an option to use the even/odd lines for the left and right views to encode in Half-T&B mode for a LG 3DTV, while retaining the full 1080p resolution. (Thx Muf!)
    - Updated x265 to the latest version (v3.4+35)
    Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello! First thanks for that great software. I succed to do great half sbs 3d movies for the quest 2. but i want to try to do a full sbs one. Is ther a guide for the setting cause im a bit lost now. and what about the crf/quantitezer . default is 23. i used 0 for the half sbs but for full sbs it seem not the good choice. that lag a lot even on my ssd with the link cable for my occulus quest 2. I will also love to know if there is a way to boost the audio. it is very low in my headset . i added sound booster software to my pc so now the sound is higher. but is there an option to boost the audio in BD3D2MK3D it self? also i dont really mind about the size. i dont want to save any space. i prefer quality over size. can you please tell me what is the best setting you propose for that? Thank you again! Great job!
    Last edited by FPT2021; 17th Jan 2021 at 21:40.
    Quote Quote  
  29. CRF 0 produces a lossless encode, but of course, the file size is very, VERY big (close to the size of the movie on the original BD, and sometimes even greater). That means that much data must be transferred to your occulust quest 2. For Full-SBS, there is even more data to process, since the image is twice as large. Hence the lags. IMO, the best way to avoid that problem is to use a more reasonable CRF value. IMO, the difference with the original encoding is not visually perceptible with a CRF 10, or even greater. Of course, the choice is up to you, but CRF 0 is extremely rarely used, as it is better to play the original movie, without any re-encode, if it takes approximately the same disc space anyway.

Lagging can also be caused by a too slow encoding preset. For example, my hardware supports well the slow preset, but some lags appear when I try a slower preset. To be safe, stick with the default medium preset.

Also, if your hardware supports it, try to encode with x265 instead of x264. You will have a much smaller file, and perhaps that will be sufficient to avoid the lags.

Beside the SBS value and the preset, you should take care of Settings -> Full-SBS/T&B Aspect Ratio. Unfortunately, there is no well established standard for Full-SBS regarding the aspect ratio, and you have to try the best combination of the two parameters for your hardware. Do a quick test, and if the image appears distorted, change the settings. Anyway, that's not related to the lag.

The other known problem with Full-SBS is that it is not possible to create the 3D subtitles for that mode. You will have to watch the movie with flat subtitles, and that may be extremely unpleasant.

For the audio, no, BD3D2MK3D has nothing to boost it automatically. Normally, for quality reasons, it doesn't re-encode the audio (unless you select the option to convert it to AC3 or AAC for compatibility or disc space reasons). However, you can manually re-encode the original audio track to AC3 or AAC with the menu Tools -> Convert audio to AC3 or AAC. In the dialog, there is an option to boost the audio up to +9 dB. But take in mind that most of the times, the peaks of the original audio are already at the maximum intensity. eac3to (used internally by BD3D2MK3D) will try to boost it as much as it can without clipping, but most of the time, the gain will be minimal. You can of course use another audio editing tool that accepts to truncate the peaks. But beware ! Clipping the audio is very unpleasant, and should always be avoided. Anyway, if you decide to do it, save the edited audio with the same file name than the original (to overwrite it), and it will be automatically muxed in the final MKV.

Good luck !
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you. there so much setting i tought i would have to change many of those to get best quality. Well for the aspêct ratio it play fine with mpc using Bigscreen and it also play directly with Skybox but i had to change the aspect ratio in the app to 16:9 with that one. The substitles are not in 3d but its visible and since its only for the forced sub i dont really care since its not like i have to see those all the time. Finally i was runing too much apps on my laptop so this is why it was lagging. Now it play fine even at zero. but if you say that bellow 10 its not perceptible i will try it that way. i dont mind about space but even so if it dont need to be that big for the same quality, why not. For the audio using Sound booster app its ok but its a free trial, but if i raise it too much yes there is distortion for the sound. i think the problem come from the speakers of the quest 2 headset and its preamp. i will try using wearing headphones instead. Once again thank you for that great app. Its very usefull, but its pretty stupid that they are not player accepting directly mvc 3d format to be read for vr headset. There is a way to allow mpc to do that directly but i followed the guide step by step and at the end it play in 2d lol. Its a chance that to someone like you find a solution for that. Just some other questions, is it normal that it takes way more time to encode a full sbs than a half sbs? And if i use more than medium preset that will encode faster? Can it create some problems or give less quality or its just that my cpu will be more sollicitated to do the encoding job? Or slower give better quality over medium? I dont get that part. And about 10 bits, since that said that the original bluray its 8 bit it dont worth it to change it to 10? And about mode is CRF is the best otion? About x265 "you should therefore verify the settings in the x265 (hevc) encoder options frames of the last tab to suit your need." i dont understand it. Maybe because im french lol. What and where is that last tab and what i should verify there or switch there and depending of what?
    Last edited by FPT2021; 18th Jan 2021 at 10:55.
    Quote Quote