VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Thanks for your kind words, Kuvenant.

Are you sure you are using the latest version (v1.19) ? There is a known bug in old versions of the FRIMSource MVC decoder, that produced a 2D stream when the left and right views are inverted in the original 3DBD. That bug has been fixed, and the last versions of BD3D2MK3D distributes the correct version of FRIMSource.

Note also that DGMVCDecode has not that bug, so if you have still that decoder, you can use it instead of FRIM. See Settings -> MVC Decoder. DGMVCDecode has been removed from the current distribution, but if you do not remove it when you install the new BD3D2MK3D, it will still be available. However, it has been discontinued by its author, and I don't support it anymore.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I was using v1.18. Deleted it completely, installed v1.19, and everything works great. I'm guessing I must have replaced only the application and not the toolset when I updated previously. So it was a fairly obvious fix. Thanks for your help.

Now the only 3D videos I have left to fix are 'The Drawn Together Movie: The Movie' and 'B.O.B.s Big Break'. Turning anaglyph into stereoscopic will be a blast.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the confirmation.

Bob's Big Break (the short animated clip) exists in true 3D. It is on the Monsters vs. Aliens 3DBD. I don't know The Drawn Together Movie: The Movie. And converting anaglyph to SBS or TAB is really difficult. I have tried with Shrek 3D : the adventure continues, but although the 3D is perceptible, it is a pain to watch that relatively short movie, because the luma changes randomly in the two views, and the color is not uniform. Good luck !
    Quote Quote  
  4. hello!

i found the b3d2mk3d-tool and it works great. the only thing where i am a little lost at the moment is the topic subtitles. so generally when converting 3d blurays to mkv i only want one subtitle-stream in my final 3d-mkv - one forced subtitle stream, for alien language and things like that. first i rip the 3d bluray with makemkv and chose only that one forced subtitle stream. when starting b3d2mk3d i get a little confused:

the tool shows correctly the (forced) subtitle stream in tab1.

in tab 2 "select stream" do i need to click "all subtitles are forced"? for my understanding i should click it because as mentioned above i only have that one forced stream in my previously generated mkv. but what happens exactly when i click it?

in tab 5, and that confuses me, there is another selection regarding subtitles: "hardcode subtitle stream on video" - if i chose my subtitle stream in that dropdown menu i guess that stream will be hardcoded in the final 3d-mkv?

but how does that field in tab 5 relates to "all subtitles are forced" from tab 2?

so with clicking these two different options:

1.) tab 2 "all subtitles are forced" - do nothing / tab 5: "hardcode to videostream" - yes
    2.) tab 2 "all subtitles are forced" - yes, mark field / tab 5: "hardcode to videostream" - yes

what is the difference with these two combinations?

in short summary i want to enjoy the final encoded 3d-mkv with my vr glasses, and i only want that one forced subtitle stream and i think it would be best to burn it as hardcoded subtitles into the movie? important for me would be to correctly see the subtitles in that vr glasses and of course, if the subtitles were in 3d, it would be a nice addition.

can you point me in the right direction how i have to handle these forced subtitle streams and what in tab 2 and tab 5 i have to chose?
    Last edited by rotaxt; 7th Oct 2020 at 04:48.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for your appreciation about BD3D2MK3D !
    Originally Posted by rotaxt View Post
    in tab 2 "select stream" do i need to click "all subtitles are forced"? for my understanding i should click it because as mentioned above i only have that one forced stream in my previously generated mkv. but what happens exactly when i click it?
    Yes, it is better to tick the "all subtitles are forced" option. When that option is selected, the subtitle stream is marked with the "forced" flag in the final MKV. A good player will show you that information when you have a look at the available subtitle streams. Of course, if you have only one stream, it's not really important, but IMO it's better anyway, for example to distinguish a movie in its original language with a global subtitle stream, and a movie in your own language with only a few forced subtitles..

in tab 5, and that confuses me, there is another selection regarding subtitles: "hardcode subtitle stream on video" - if i chose my subtitle stream in that dropdown menu i guess that stream will be hardcoded in the final 3d-mkv?

but how does that field in tab 5 relates to "all subtitles are forced" from tab 2?
    Yes, the stream selected in tab 5 will be hardcoded (or "burn") on the video stream. The advantage of this method is that the subtitles will be shown at their correct depth regardless of the player. Also, some TVs cannot handle the PGS subtitles inside a MKV container. Of course, when the subtitles are hardcoded, they are always visible.

In fact, the option is in tab 5 because it is related to the encoding of the video. But it could be also in tab 2, because obviously it is also related to the subtitles. Anyway, if you select a specific stream in tab 2 and in tab 5, it will be ignored in tab 2, and it will therefore not be included as a normal subtitle stream in the final MKV. That would not make sense, since if is visible anyway. However, if other streams are selected in tab 2, they will be included in the MKV. But IMO it's not really a good idea, as if the user selects one of these streams during playback, it will probably be printed over the hardcoded subtitle, and it will be difficult to read it. (But you can use Subtitle Tools -> Move XML/PNG Subtitles Vertically to position then elsewhere if you really want hardcoded and normal subtitles at the same time.)

so there are two different options:

1.) tab 2 "all subtitles are forced" - do nothing / tab 5: "hardcode to videostream" - yes
    2.) tab 2 "all subtitles are forced" - yes, mark field / tab 5: "hardcode to videostream" - yes

what is the difference with these two combinations?
    Well, if you hardcode the stream, it will not be present in the list of subtiitles shown by the player, and therefore the "forced" flag is not really necessary. So, both methods above are equivalent. In fact, if you want to only hardcode a single subtitle stream, you can omit everything related to the subtitles in tab 2.

all in all i want to enjoy the final encoded 3d-mkv with my vr glasses, so i only need that one forced subtitle stream and i think it would be best to burn these as hardcoded subtitles into the movie.
    I agree. Hardcoded subtitles are always correctly displayed, and you don't have to select them manually. The only drawback id that you cannot remove them to watch the movie without subtitles.

So, to summarize, since you want to hardcode a single subtitle only, pay attention to the option in tab 5 only, and ignore tab 2.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you very much for your detailled explanations! So i will leave the field in Tab 2 blank and chose only Hardcode (Forced) Subtitles in Tab 5.

One more thing:

I prepare my 3D Blurays with MakeMKV before going on with BD3D2MK3D. When opening the mkv's with your tool in Tab 1 some movies show "Right view in AVC Stream" and other movies show "Left view in AVC stream" - should i always leave it like chosen from the program or do i need to adjust something here?
    Quote Quote  
  7. The option to adjust the left/right views manually is present only for historical reasons. At the origin, that information, present in the original blu-ray, was lost during the conversion by MakeMKV. Then, it has been saved in a special tag that BD3D2MK3D can read, but during a few months, that information was wrong (always left first regardless of the real flag in the BD). I have not verified recently, but normally, currently, the information is correct, and you can trust it. That means that you should not need to modify the option.

Note also that when BD3D2MK3D detects that the information is missing or that the version of MakeMKV that was used to generate the MKV is known to have the left/right bug, BD3D2MK3D shows you a warning over a red background. It's only in that case that you need to pay attention to that option.

Of course, if the left/right flag in the original BD is wrong, the views will be inverted in the final MKV, but that case is extremely rare. IIRC, it has happened only once since the beginning of the 3DBD technology, and that was with an obscure foreign movie.
    Quote Quote  
  8. all right thanks. beside your tool - have you ever heard if it is generally possible to ai-upscale these 3D-MKV's? within the last weeks i tested that topaz video enhancer tool with some (regular) dvd star trek-episodes and the result is simply stunning uspcaling it up to 4k. similar process, authoring an episode with makemkv and than topaz scales it up to an mp4-file (the easy way).

for 3d-movies: in makemkv i choose the regular movie-stream and also that mvc-stream, so for my understanding there are "two streams in one" after getting the mkv? or does that mvc-stream only contain the 3d effects? if it would be possible to ai-upscale the mkv the picture would be even more crisper. as far as i know the oculus quest supports up to max. 3k per eye.

so i was wandering if one can generally do the same thing with 3d material? i am no expert in these things and the first question would be which mkv to take? the "raw 3d"-mkv which mkvmake produces from the bluray and than, after upscaling it, using bd3d2mk3d to convert / encode it to sbs? or first generate the sbs-mkv with your tool and upscale the final sbs-movie afterwards?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Well, personally, I don't think that upscaling is really a good thing. If you use an UHD TV to watch your full-HD videos, they will be upscaled anyway. I can agree that using a dedicated software to upscale the video may give better results than the hardware real-time upscaling of the TV, but I am convinced that it is not possible to really enhance a video when the information is lost. The new pixels must be created from nowhere, and it is well known that the algorithms to upscale an image introduces many artefacts that are often worse than the original.

On a 3DBD, the movie is indeed present two times. The main 2D view is encoded in AVC (Advanced Video Codec, aka h264), exactly like for a 2D BD. It's that video stream that is played when you select the option to watch the movie in 2D (if available).

The second view is encoded very differently. The image is first compared with the main view, and only the differences between the two views are encoded. Hence the relatively low disc space necessary to store it. It's why the encoder is called MVC (for Multi View Codec), although basically its real encoding is also h264. The difference being that the main view must be decoded at the same time, as it is needed to recreate the second view with the differences stored in the MVC stream. It's why the second view is called "dependent view". Usually, the main view is the left-eye view, and of course the dependent view is for the right eye, but it's not mandatory. The director decides what view will be the official 2D view, and therefore how to encode the 3DBD later.

In the MKV created with MakeMKV, the two streams are preserved exactly like in the original 3DBD. There are two different streams. Most players, unable to play 3D content, will simply ignore the MVC stream, and it's why that MKV can be played without problem with 2D software or equipment. However, when the movie is encoded in SBS, TAB or Frame-Sequential by BD2D2MK3D, the two streams are merged into a single stream, suitable only for 3D equipment. The first thing it does is of course to convert the AVC and MVC video streams to two uncompressed video streams, that are then combined to obtain the final stream, and that operations are made with Avisynth. That means theoretically that between that two operations, any avisynth filter can be inserted to modify the video streams, for example to upscale it. I don't know if a good quality upscaler exists for Avisynth, but take in mind that the UHD format is of course larger than full-HD, but it has also a different color space. Therefore, upscaling with a simple resize filter is not sufficient to convert a movie to UHD. (I don't know the Video Enhancer, but it seems good. It can use also some VirtualDub filters, and VistualDub is a software similar to avisynth. It is therefore perhaps possible to use Video Enhancer with Avisynth, anthough I don't think so.)

It is also possible to upscale the final SBS, TAB or FS MKV created with BD3D2MK3D, but you will have to encode the movie twice, and the final quality will be less good. However, in that case, you can use any software that accepts a MKV as input, including the Video Enhancer. To minimize the quality lost, you can perhaps encode with a very low CRF, and re-encode with VE with a more decent CRF value. You will need much disc space, but today it's not really a problem.

Now, the bad news. Although it is certainly possible to upscale the 3D video with at least one of the two methods described above, it is probable that your 3D equipment will not be able to play it. It's because the 3D videos contain two images at the same time, and therefore the memory buffers to receive them during the decoding and playback must be large enough. All 3D TV are made to accept either Half-SBS or H-TAB, or, in the best case, Full-SBS or F-TAB, but certainly not F-SBS or F-TAB in UHD resolution. So, unless you watch your 3D movie with a computer and a powerful 3D graphic card, it will be probably impossible to play your 3D-movies in full resolution. Anyway, try it ! Convert a little clip to F-SBS or F-TAB with BD3D2MK3D, then upscale it with VE, and try to play it with your equipment. You may be lucky.

Note also that only the 3D movies encoded with BD3D2MK3D in h264 have the 3D flag telling to the player to switch automatically to the right 3D mode when the playback starts. That flag will almost certainly be lost when you re-encode with VE, and you may have to select the right 3D mode manually. Not a big deal, but certainly an annoyance.

Good luck !
    Last edited by r0lZ; 8th Oct 2020 at 07:18.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Wow - once again thank you for your perfect answer. I will test and let you know. Quest 2 will be available here from the 19th of October at the moment, so it will take a little time until i can start my tests.

Best regards
    Quote Quote  
  11. hello r0lZ!

once again thanks for all your help end guiding. everything works great so far, but i have one more question :
    i saw that batch encoding is possible with your tool? so if i want to encode for example 2 or 3 mkv's during the night what are steps to prepare? do i have to prepare all mkv's in advance and than click "Do it!" or can i also add more movies while the first one is already in the encoding phase?

and i was wondering when i click "Do it!" right now (encoding one movie) i immediately click "Exit and Encode after successful demux". So when leaving the computer after a couple of hours the encode is ready. How will that procedure will be treated with batch encoding? for the first movie i could mark that field but when the second movie will be demuxed in the beginning i am not in front of the pc anymore to mark that field manually again!? or i can i somewhere set up that "Exit and encode..." will be done gererally automatically?

i hope you understand what i mean . i just would be happy if could give me a short guide how to prepare 2 or 3 mkv/movies, so that these will be encoded complete automatically overnight.

thanks
    Last edited by rotaxt; 13th Oct 2020 at 03:50.
    Quote Quote  
  12. The encoding, muxing to MKV and optional task to do when everything is finished is not made directly by BD3D2MK3D. Instead, that tasks are stored in .CMD files, and executed by the Windows Command Prompt. Each task (encoding, muxing and post-process) is in his own CMD file, and each individual task calls the next one in the chain. The thing to do when everything is complete for a specific movie is normally the last thing executed for that movie. That last action (such as turning the computer off) is stored in the file __POSTPROCESS_3D.cmd.

When you use the batch mode, BD3D2MK3D just renames __POSTPROCESS_3D.cmd (to keep a backup, just in case) and recreates a new __POSTPROCESS_3D.cmd that will call the encoding of the next movie in the batch list. The process starts over with the second movie, and so on, up to the last movie in the batch.

It is easy to understand that all projects for the movies to encode must be already created on HDD when you call the File -> Batch Encode option. It will ask you to select all projects, one at a time, and cancel the File Open dialog when you have selected the last one. Then, it will offer you to start the encoding of the first project if it is not already being encoding. The rest is automatic.

So, to reply to your questions, yes, all projects must be prepared before calling Batch Encode. But that doesn't mean that you cannot start the first project immediately after having created it. And yes, you can safely click "Exit and Encode after successful demux", but for the first job ONLY. When it is encoding, you can create the next projects, but of course, now, you cannot use "Exit and Encode after successful demux" as the job will be launched automatically anyway by the previous job in the batch. Finally, create the batch job with the currently encoding job as the first job (even if it is already encoding), and the other jobs after it. Since the __POSTPROCESS_3D.cmd file of the first job has not been executed yet, it is still possible to modify it, and chain the other jobs after it. Of course, if, per chance, the first job is terminated before you have finished the creation of the other jobs, just ignore the finished job and start the batch with the next job.

Note that it is much better to wait that the preparation of a specific job is finished before preparing another one, as otherwise your disc drive will have to read much data in different places at the same time, and the creations of the jobs will be extremely slow. Also, the CPU and memory may become saturated. So, although you can theoretically prepare several jobs at the same time by launching several instances of BD3D2MK3D, it is not recommended to do it.

So, to summarise, here is the procedure to create a batch:
    1. Create the first job, and optionally launch it (manually or with "Exit and Encode after successful demux")
    2. Create all other jobs, but do not launch them.
    3. Call File -> Batch Encode and follow the instructions. (If you have started the encoding of the first job during step 1 and that encoding is not finished yet, be sure to select that job as the first job in the list!)
    4. If you have not launched the first job during step 1, launch it now.
    Last edited by r0lZ; 13th Oct 2020 at 04:28.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Tested and worked perfectly! Thanks again !
    Quote Quote  
  14. BD3D2MK3D v1.20 is available. It fixes a few bugs, supports now most (all?) releases of java, and has been compiled with the latest freeWrap version (so its look may have slightly changed).

But most importantly, the version of tsMuxeR distributed with BD3D2MK3D has changed. It is now a relatively old build of the new open source version, with several important bugs fixed, but also some important changes in the meta file format. For that reason, BD3D2MK3D is not compatible any more with the old (closed source) versions of tsMuxeR. You may try to update tsMuxeR to the latest beta of the open source version, but do it at your own risk, as it is still heavily modified, and you may encounter incompatibilities or new bugs. The version distributed with BD3D2MK3D, although a nightly release, is recommended, as it has been successfully tested by me and several beta testers.

Also important, if you use the Custom Encoder command line instead of the built-in x264 or x265 encoders : the syntax has slightly changed, especially for the paths of the exe to call. So, after having installed this version, please try a custom encoding of a small clip to verify that your custom command works fine. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Note: Avisynth+ v3.5.1 has been released and it works perfectly with BD3D2MK3D: https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/releases/tag/v3.5.1 (You may need to install the vcredist variant if vcredist is not yet installed.)
    v1.20 (November 3, 2020)
    - Compiled and wrapped with freewrap 6.73, using Tcl/Tk 8.6.10.
    - Adapted to the new Open Source version of tsMuxeR. Most (all?) demux bugs have been fixed, and it is no longer necessary to demux the angles with many M2TS with eac3to.
    - IMPORTANT: The syntax of the custom command has slightly changed. Now, the backslach character \ in Windows paths MUST be typed twice, to avoid escaping problems.
    - Workaround for a BDSup2Sub++ bug when loading some full-width subtitles: the X position is -2147483648 instead of 0!
    - Fix: Java was not detected correctly when the installed version was not Oracle Java. It is now possible and recommended to install the open source AdoptOpenJDK instead of Oracle Java.
    - Fix: Preview and Do It! buttons were disabled when the BD shows no 3D-playlist after opening it, but some playlists become available when the "Show all 3D playlists" is selected.
    - Tools -> TsMuxer GUI opens now automatically the currently selected MPLS (if any)
    - In case of error when checking if Avisynth+ is properly installed, the error message suggests now to install the version with the vcredist package.
    - Removed the Power Plans stuff when BD3D2MK3D doesn't run under Windows (so that it doesn't crash under Linux with Wine)
    - Removed Tab 3 -> Web -> Search TCM for Title, because the TCM site is now unusable
    - Updated the FrimSource MVC decoder to the latest version (v1.31)
    - Updated x264 to the latest version (v0.161.3027)
    - Updated x265 to the latest version (v3.5+26)
    - Updated the MkvToolnix tools to the latest version (v51.0.0 'I Wish')
    Download BD3D2MK3D or visit its home page.
    Have fun !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the update, r0lZ.

It's been a while since last one. Still using your priceless subtitle tools!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried it a few times but still get a result in 2D. I got it to work on one occasion but the result was left and right images being swapped (I think it was just the way the disc was authored though). Any way to find out why it's not working for me?
    Quote Quote  
  17. There was a bug in an old version of FRIMSource, when the left and right views were in the unusual order (right first) in the original BD. In that precise case, the two views in the final MKV were strictly identical, producing a 2D result. That bug has been fixed and the current version of FRIMSource.dll, distributed with BD3D2MK3D, works fine. Are you sure you have the latest version ?

The left/right inversion is theoretically taken into account by BD3D2MK3D. There is a flag in the original BD telling if the views are in the usual order (left view in AVC stream, right view in MVC stream), and when it's not the case, BD3D2MK3D swaps them to respect the de-facto standard for SBS/TAB (left view first). So, normally, what you describe should never happen. But I have already received a complain about a similar problem, for an obscure Asian movie, where the flag was wrong in the BD. Of course, in that case, BD3D2MK3D cannot fix it automatically (but it is possible to manually edit the AVS file to fix the problem before launching the encoding). Anyway, in that case, when you play the original BD in your 3D BD player, the views will be inverted too. So, unless you are facing that unusual authoring bug, there is no reason for the inversion of the L/R views.

Can you describe your workflow ? Are you using MakeMKV to decrypt the original BD ? If it's the case, it is possible that a new bug in MakeMKV is responsible of the problem. Do you see a red warning in the first tab of BD3D2MK3D telling that the version of MakeMKV is not compatible with BD3D2MK3D or that the left/right flag is not found in the source MKV ?

Finally, can I know what movies you are encoding, and from what region they are coming from ?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey thanks for the reply, the movie I had the L/R problem with was "Hugo" and when googling for a solution I noticed that other people were trying to rip that same movie so I expect it's limited to that particular film. Also, I only just noticed that you can swap L and R in Skybox which is what I use to watch movies on the Oculus.

I didn't have any warning messages etc when converting. I did manage to get it to work last night though the second half of the movie was just green screen. It did do the SBS thing for the first half but the depth seemed all wrong and there seemed to be some kind of lag between the left and right image which meant that the depth was changing erratically. I'm probably not going to bother trying again as the 3D effect didn't seem nearly as good or stable as the movies I've ripped in DVDfab (demo version) but thanks for taking the time to help anyway
    Quote Quote  
  19. The symptoms you describe (left/right desync and green screen) are typical of a bad ISO or MKV. BD3D2MK3D requires a good source to work properly. Try with another source, without errors, and you will notice the high quality of the conversion and encoding, much better than what DVDfab offers.

I did Hugo in the past, and it worked flawlessly. BTW, the 3D is great, especially in the scenes in the big clock. IMO, it's one of the best 3D movies so far.

Good luck !
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, I did rip the MKV direct from disc using MakeMKV. I don't know what else I can do differently to make it work correctly. Maybe I'll try again with nothing else running in the background. I would love to get it working properly because DVDfab is soooo expensive
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you can see a sample here from the beginning of a movie I did last night. The 3D effect just looks wrong and seems to be changing depending on what's happening in the scene. Sometimes the L and R seem to be the wrong way round, other times not. It was ripped from disk using MakeMKV

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/0afaab28bc3f0f67c7ecdf9f1b21a1e020201108224020/1a77cb...8224036/815101
    Quote Quote  
  22. I see. Indeed, there is a one frame desync between the left and right views. A pain for the brain ! And that explains the bad 3D. I have already experienced that problem, and it was caused by a bad rip. Strangely, in your case, you have similar problems with several movies. That's very strange, as usually, bad rips are occasional.

I don't think that MakeMKV is the culprit. But perhaps your original BD is damaged or dirty ? Try to clean the disc, and re-rip it. Also, verify that your hard disc or SSD is working properly. Read-errors during the preparation of the project or during the encoding can also cause that kind of problems. (I have recently replied by email to a guy who had exactly the same problem, and he has confirmed that his hard disc was dying ! Be careful !)
    Quote Quote  
  23. Also, usually, when there is a desync due to a read error or a bad rip during the preparation of the project, there is a warning explaining that the number of frames in the two video streams are not identical. Have you seen that warning ? You can also find it at the end of the BD3D2MK3D.log file. When that message is issued, that means that the source is damaged, and BD3D2MK3D cannot work properly.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't had any warnings. I've tried 3 or so discs and it works fine some of the time then there is a glitch and the L/R frames go out of sync for 20 mins or so then spontaneously correct themselves. I was using an external HDD so tried using only the system SSD drive but it doesn't seem to have made a difference :/
    Quote Quote  
  25. Well, I'm puzzled. I would suspect bad rips, but it is strange that several different BD have the same problem. Anyway, you are the only one reporting that problem for several movies, so I suspect a hardware problem on your side. I know that some 3D-TV (using bluetooth active glasses) have trouble displaying some movies correctly in 3D. The 3D vanishes and comes back apparently without reason. But the fact that the views of the sample you posted above are really out of sync makes me think that it's not at display time that the problem occurs.

The last thing I can suggest is to remove the current installations of BD3D2MK3D and Avisynth and re-install them properly, but I'm not sure this will fix the problem.

Can you test BD3D2MK3D with the same sources but with another computer ?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have backed up some 3D Blurays using BD Rebuilder to a 25GB Blurays. I am trying to create 3D SBS MKVs using these backups. BD3D2MK3D cannot find the movies in my backup Blurays. Is there anyway to make this work? Other than redoing the original Blurays using Makemkv. Thanks in advance for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  27. I don't have the experience with BD Rebuilder, so I can't reply for sure.

Of course, BD3D2MK3D works only with a 3D BD. Are you sure that BD Rebuilder has really created a 3D BD ? It may have processed the 2D version of the movie only. Can you play the BD-25 in 3D with a 3D BD player ?

Also, can you verify if the BD contains the folder \BDMV\STREAM\SSIF, and if there are some files with the .ssif extension in that folder ?

Can you also try this:
    - Open BD3D2MK3D then use its menu File -> Show Console.
    - Now, open the BD3D produced by BD Rebuilder.
    - Copy the content of the console and paste it here.

In the meantime, I will install and try BD Rebuilder myself...
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have no problem playing the rebuilt BD on both a LG and a Samusung Bluray players.

The console display shows the following:
    ================================================== ============================
    *** Welcome to BD3D2MK3D v1.20

************************************************** *****************************

*** Trying to open "F:\" as a 3DBD...
    *** No SSIF folder! This is probably not a 3D BD.
    *** Opening BD disc "F:\"...
    *** Filtering 0 MPLS files...
    *** 0 3D MPLS files loaded on a total of 0 3D playlists.
    *** No stereoscopic content found in BD disc! Try "Show all 3D playlists".

(BD3D2MK3D) 1 %
    ================================================== ============================

Yes, there is indeed no SSIF folder. I have attached a directory of the disc (if that helps).

Thank you for the reply. And thanks for the fantastic software
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  29. Are you sure you have played it in 3D ?

Given the content of the console, it's not a 3D BD, as the SSIF folder and 3D MPLS files are necessary. I suppose that BD Rebuilder copies only the 2D version of the movie.

I am still currently converting a 3D BD with BD Rebuilder, and it is only at 40% of the job. When it will be finished, I will be able to confirm the fact that BD Rebuilder cannot process a 3D BD, and extracts only the 2D version. The fact that there is no option to choose between the 2D or 3D backup makes me already think that unfortunately, it's the case.
    Quote Quote  
  30. OK, job finished. Unfortunately, I confirm that BD Rebuilder is unable to process a 3D BD. It copies only the 2D version of the movie, and discards the 3D.
    Another way to confirm that is the Settings -> Encoder menu. It offers only the choice for X264/x265 or NvEnc. Those encoders cannot encode the MVC stream, necessary for a 3D BD. (However, the Tools folder of BD Rebuilder includes FRIMEncode.exe, that is able to encode a 3D movie, but for whatever reason, it is not used and not available in the settings.) Finally, according to the Jdobbs web site, even BD Rebuilder Pro is not suitable to encode in 3D. Try to contact Jdobbs to suggest to add a 3D option to his software.

Anyway, your BD-25 copies are 2D-only, and cannot be processed by BD3D2MK3D. Pity. You will have to encode the original 3D BD directly (or through MakeMKV). It's a better solution anyway, as encoding the same movie twice does not offer the best quality.

My conclusion is that the error message issued by BD3D2MK3D is correct.
    Quote Quote