VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    First jump to mind, you possibly have a bad rip (scratched disc?) or badly created ISO. Try to re-rip the disc to full ISO and import proper mpls from there.
    Something that also helped me out a couple of times is ripping with different decryption software.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Obviously, your ISO is totally bad. The last error is especially important: "The AVC and MVC video streams do not have the same number of frames: 142543 and 142549." A difference of 6 frames indicates a very serious problem.

You can try to convert it to MKV with MakeMKV. With much luck, it may be able to fix some errors, although I don't think he will be able to produce a working MKV.

Anyway, BD3D2MK3D requires a correct source to do its work. Try with another ISO, or re-rip your BD.

Sorry, I can't help in that case.

[EDIT] Ennio has replied before me, but I have not noticed his reply on a new page. As always, he is right: bad rip. Using another ripping tool is indeed a good idea.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Awesome replies, thank you, I will attempt a new rip...

It's strange because I have 3D vision and the iso works fine when i watch it, im trying to make SBS for oculus though

I noticed a strange error today, could it be related? I get a windows error saying :

[Attachment 69149 - Click to enlarge]

, when i launch BD3D2MK3D... my understanding of this error is that some other program installed that api library that actually isn't included with this version of windows initially (7)
    Could this be the source of my issues? or part of the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  4. A player can usually skip the errors in the ISO because, after an error, it can re-synchronize the streams with the time-codes in each stream and in the MKV container. The error itself may be almost unnoticeable, especially for the audio streams. But when you want to use the elementary streams for a re-encoding, or even for a remux, the time-codes are lost, and if a stream is damaged, it will quickly become out of sync. Furthermore, for a 3DBD, an sync problem between the left and right video views is totally unacceptable. Hence my remark above about the 6 missing frames.

The Entry Point Not Found error message is shown by MkvMerge, and not by BD3D2MK3D itself. Anyway, according to your log, the errors are in the ISO itself, and not caused by the program. So, sorry, but that means that you have two different problems: the ISO and MkvToolnix.

I have never seen that mkvmerge error. Are you sure you have all Windows updates ? Or do you use a (very) old version of Windows ? IIRC, Windows 7 is not supported anymore by mkvtoolnix (but I may be wrong). For more info, contact Mosu (the author of Mkvtoolnix) here.
    Last edited by r0lZ; 8th Feb 2023 at 11:19.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mosu has confirmed that Win7 is not supported any more. If you have that version, download v68 (exactly v68!) and copy mkvextract.exe, mkvinfo.exe, mkvmerge.exe and mkvpropedit.exe in the toolset folder of BD3D2MK3D. That should solve the problem of the CreateEventA entry point... but not the problem of the bad rip.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow ok awesome...

I'm planning on moving this old clunker up to windows 10 right away, just don't have time right now...
    I have a brand new PC sitting in boxes that i don't have time to put together right now lol
    I also have a brand new hard drive and double the ram sitting in boxes for my windows 11 laptop

My OS is windows 7 on this ol' girl... and it's a pretty patched up version that's done alot of crazy things ahhaha
    haven't reformatted it in many, many years! I have no doubt that is the source of my problems, but I can usually hack and slash my way through them,

... like I am about to with your advice thanks

little update: so far so good, will let you know if it worked! I used makemkv this time, the preview looked good!
    Last edited by ShadyJCrazy; 8th Feb 2023 at 17:19.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bro you did it! I'm rocking some 3D movies now! Oh yeeaaaa!

I swear I'll get upgrading lol
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Say my audio won't sync, while streaming it from laptop to vr headset, and no audio at all when stored on the vr headset and played directly

when i play my mkv on the computer, it appears to be fine... but I have two audio streams... a regular one and an HD one... the HD one appears to be out of sync...

I would prefer true HD sound obviously, but is that a problem for these rips?

reading some other posts, I've come to discover you are the author of this wonderful little program... great work my friend! I am in school for computer science right now and I hope to be able to code cool things like this soon!
    Last edited by ShadyJCrazy; 9th Feb 2023 at 00:42.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The audio problem can be caused by an incompatibility of your VR with the audio stream (TrueHD). You may want to tick the option to keep only the core... in tab 2, or even to convert to AC3 or AAC stereo. Refer to the manual of your headset to know what audio format is supported.

The sync problem of the HD audio can be caused by the errors you have seen previously. MakeMKV can remux the streams correctly, even when there are errors, as it reads the timecodes in the original BD or ISO, and writes them immediately in the output MKV. But as I have explained above, when the stream is saved alone, not in a MKV container, the sync is lost, and each error can be the cause of a slight sync problem. Since there are many errors in your stream, the resulting sync problem may be very important.

Thanks for your positive appreciation of BD3D2MK3D.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    my pleasure! this program really is something else...

Thanks for your quick replies!

I've further discovered that if I stream it from my laptop to watch it, the audio is fine, so that leads me to believe that it is indeed the supported audio on the headset itself
    these movies are too big to store on the headset anyways, and streaming seems to work really well, so i guess now i'll just fiddle with trying to make the files smaller while keeping or improving the video quality

I've noticed that the HD quality you experience in 3D vision is not quite here, but i guess i was kind of expecting that... I mean the file is 10 times smaller now, heh....
    that being said, the awesomeness of watching my movies in a virtual enviroment is crazy! just playing with the screen alone...

when i convert this computer to windows 10, I am going to maintain a 3D vision friendly driver and attempt stereoscopic 3D on my headset, I have all the necessary hardware
    Quote Quote  
  11. The quality and the final file size of the video stream depends of several things. For a VR headset, I recommend to tick the option to resize the video to 720p. Of course, the quality is less good, but the gain in file size is important, and usually, 720p is sufficient for a VR experience.

You can also control the quality and file size with the Encoder Options in the last tab. I recommend to use the CRF mode (certainly the best one, unless you need to control the final file size precisely). But you can change the quantizer. The default (23 for X264 or 28 for X265) has been defined by the authors of the encoders because it offers a good quality and a very good compression. But you can lower that value for a better quality, at the price of a higher file size. CRF 0 is lossless, but produces a very big file !

Furthermore, the Preset (medium by default) can also be modified to compress the file a bit more, with no or a very little quality loss. But take care. A slower preset requires more encoding time, and, more important, it requires also more CPU power to decode and play the video. A very slow preset can therefore produce problems such as a jerky playback on an old or not powerful enough hardware player.

Finally, the X265 encoder produces a better quality for a smaller file size than X264, but the resulting video cannot be played on many hardware players (especially on most 3D TV or 3D BD Players). Note also that X265 doesn't have the possibility to tag the video stream with the 3D format. You may therefore need to switch your player to 3D manually.

Note also that the compression depends greatly of the images and camera movements of the movie. For example, an old, noisy 3D movie from the 50's is much more "difficult" to compress than a CGI animated film such as a Pixar movie, with very clean and smooth images. So, don't be afraid if the final size of some movies is very small. It's the advantage of the CRF mode : it can compress different movies differently, always as much as possible without scarifying the quality.

Personally, for my old Samsung 3D TV, I use X264, CRF between 18 and 21, and Preset slow (1080p). The quality is good enough for my old eyes !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    Mosu has confirmed that Win7 is not supported any more. If you have that version, download v68 (exactly v68!) and copy mkvextract.exe, mkvinfo.exe, mkvmerge.exe and mkvpropedit.exe in the toolset folder of BD3D2MK3D. That should solve the problem of the CreateEventA entry point...
    Originally Posted by ShadyJCrazy View Post
    My OS is windows 7 on this ol' girl...

FYI Using MKVToolNix exe-files from latest 32 bit (unofficial) Qt5 builds should also work.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/405407-NON-OFFICIAL-Windows-builds-of-MKVtoolnix/p...e4#post2676998
    Quote Quote  
  13. Wow ! I did not know that unofficial build. I will add a link in the Help menu of BD3D2MK3D.
    Thanks, Ennio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're welcome

Of course Win7 users themselves should always keep track if future MTX Qt5 files still work with future BD3D2MK3D versions.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I certainly came to the right place for information, can't wait to test some of that out, the hobbit has 6 discs to do

Is there an easy way to tell the 2D stream from the 3D streams on a disc?
    Last edited by ShadyJCrazy; 9th Feb 2023 at 12:44.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Qt is never used directly by BD3D2MK3D, so, as long as the external tools using it (such as mkvmerge) are running, everything should be fine.

I wonder even if I should replace the mkvtoolnix exes in the toolset folder with the unofficial version, at least as long as it is updated. No problem any more with Win7, but a risk of malfunctioning mkvmerge. I'm not sure it's better. Or should I distribute both versions, and call the better one, according to the version of Windows currently running ? Or just ignore prehistoric versions of Windows, and assume everybody has at least Win 10 ?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Windows 7 is superior to windows 10 in that they aren't data mining your every click...
    Quote Quote  
  18. I agree, but Win7 will soon come to an end. And there are tools to deactivate the spies in Win10/11.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ya, kinda sad, win 7 still holds up
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't know Windows 10/11 had spies build in. Don't like it.

Originally Posted by ShadyJCrazy View Post
    Is there an easy way to tell the 2D stream from the 3D streams on a disc?
    3D video on blu-ray concists of two streams. One for each eye, where there are differences in used codec and size.

Take a look in the BDMV\STREAM folder. You'll see two m2ts files that are usually larger than the rest (if any). The largest is the main 2D stream. It's an independent AVC stream.

The smaller m2ts carries differential videodata for the other eye. It's a "dependent" stream encoded with MVC. Which means it can't be played as is; a 3D player needs both main AVC and MVC streams to construct the videostream for the other eye.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Right. But looking for the biggest M2TS file doesn't work if the movie is multi-angle (or made of several small parts for protection concerns).
    You can also see what M2TS files contains what with BD3D2MK3D. Just select the movie in the first tab, and use Tools -> Dependent-view (MVC) file list. You will see the list of all parts with the MPLS/SSIF file (the global playlist), the M2TS of the main view (2D AVC), the M2TS of the dependent view (MVC), and, if applicable, the angle number for the specific part. The left/right eye assignment is also shown. Most of the time, but not always, the 2D view is the left view.

Example of the dialog:

---------------------------
    BD3D2MK3D
    00000.mpls (1:47:30.067, 39 chapters, Left view in AVC, not multi-angle)

SSIF FILE : AVC M2TS - MVC M2TS (angle)
    00000.ssif : 00000.m2ts - 00001.m2ts

OK
    Last edited by r0lZ; 10th Feb 2023 at 05:37.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ah. I have no experience whatsoever with multi-angled BD video (I actually wonder if I'd have one).
    So if I read correctly (please confirm?) the different angles are stored in different m2ts streams. It would be much like how a "seamless branching" authored BD (for multiple versions of a movie) works.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Yes, exactly. Each M2TS contains a portion of the movie that is played as a single "block". Seamless branching is the technique used to jump to the right M2TS, with the right angle. It's much more simple than for DVD, where the angles have to be multiplexed in the same stream (probably because it is not necessary to duplicate all audio streams).

If you have some Disney or Pixar BDs, you have probably at least one multi-angle BD.

I have also seen once a BD with many M2TS, containing different parts of the movie, and a lot of MPLS, with all parts referenced in each MPLS, but in different orders. Of course, only one MPLS contained the parts in the correct order. Obviously. that was an attempt to confuse the rippers and somewhat protect the BD against illegal copies.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, I all forgot about DVD. Besides playing ripped content other than movies, it seems ages ago since I loaded one.
    Now it's mentioned, I do remember movie dvd's with certain options. Where "play with alternative ending" is a first to recall.

Thanks for your explanation, r0lZ. Crystal clear, as usual.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Guys, I just new to BD3D2MK3D and trying to do rips for VR setup.

I have one question. How to make output file bigger? ISO rip after Make MKV is about 36 gig size. But after BD3D2MK3D it is about 10 gb. I think bitrate aroun 10 mb/s. I think this is small output file.

I wanna end up with MAX quality of my 3D rip. Someone can help me to guide the right settings in BD3D2MK3D?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by BfunnyKatrine; 15th Feb 2023 at 07:04.
    Quote Quote  
  26. In the last tab, there are several encoding Modes. I highly suggest sticking with CRF, unless you want a precise bitrate (and in that case ONLY, 2-pass is recommended). The main parameter in CRF mode is the Quantizer. To obtain a better quality (and a bigger file), use a low quantizer. But don't forget that in Half-SBS, you have only a single picture to encode, while there are two independent pictures in the original BD. It is therefore normal to obtain a smaller file size, even for a similar quality. Also, IMO, in a commercial BD, the bitrate is very high, mainly for commercial reasons. Although I can admit that CRF 23 (the default) may be a little too high, it is usually not necessary to encode with a much lower quantizer. Try a value around 18-20. Trust your eyes, and not what is (often wrongly) recommended on the internet.

For a more complete explanation about the quality, read this post (above in this page).
    Last edited by r0lZ; 15th Feb 2023 at 10:48.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    In the last tab, there are several encoding Modes. I highly suggest sticking with CRF, unless you want a precise bitrate (and in that case ONLY, 2-pass is recommended). The main parameter in CRF mode is the Quantizer. To obtain a better quality (and a bigger file), use a low quantizer. But don't forget that in Half-SBS, you have only a single picture to encode, while there are two independent pictures in the original BD. It is therefore normal to obtain a smaller file size, even for a similar quality. Also, IMO, in a commercial BD, the bitrate is very high, mainly for commercial reasons. Although I can admit that CRF 23 (the default) may be a little too high, it is usually not necessary to encode with a much lower quantizer. Try a value around 18-20. Trust your eyes, and not what is (often wrongly) recommended on the internet.

For a more complete explanation about the quality, read this post (above in this page).
    Thanks for the reply. Right now I'm struggling with Terminator 2 3D release. Firstly I used slower preset and crf 23. My MKV file was 36 gb but result file of BD3D2MK3D was around 10 gig and bitrate was around 10. I don't like this.

I tried CRF number to 5 and slower preset and ended up with 26 gig file. But!!!! My movie file just stops after 40 minutes of the movie and audio playing but picture just freeze and don't moving! Something wrong happened while encoding.

It is hard to find right settings for result file will be the same as rip MKV and without problems.... Trying to figure out.
    Quote Quote  
  28. x265 is really MORE EFFICIENT than the encoders used for the commercial BD. IMO, 10-15 GB is certainly sufficient to equal the BD quality. As I explained above, there is only half of the data to encode in HSBS. So, IMO, to want absolutely the same or a similar bitrate as on the BD is absurd. And read again the long explanation several posts above. A slower preset and a higher bitrate can cause decoding problems. CRF 5 is very (too) low. With a CRF around 18, you will probably not notice the difference with the original BD. The bitrate is absolutely NOT a good way to estimate the quality of an encoding. As I wrote above, trust your eyes, not the characteristics of the encoded file.

BTW, because many peoples want to encode in 2-pass with an useless high bitrate, most huge files found on the internet are actually less good than movies correctly encoded in CRF mode, with half the file size, or even much less ! CRF is a very good way to encode the movie, because it can compress more the fast or blurry scenes, where your eyes cannot see the details anyway, much more than the static, precise and sharp scenes, where you have plenty of time to see the artifacts. x264 CRF is smart enough to encode intelligently. It's probably not the case of the encoder used for most original BD.
    Last edited by r0lZ; 16th Feb 2023 at 11:09.
    Quote Quote  
  29. BD3D2MK3D v1.32 released
    It fixes a bug happening only when the MPLS of a multi-angle movie contains exactly two parts (2 M2TS per eye-view).
    The other changes are minor additions to the help system.

v1.32 (February 27, 2023)
    - Fix: Wrong filenames when a multi-angle/multi-story MPLS is made of only 2 parts (for example Blade Runner 2049 French version)
    - Added the menu Help -> MkvToolnix for Windows 7 to download easily a MkvToolnix version compatible with Windows 7 (Thanks Ennio!)
    - Added a link to the mini-guide on how to convert an external SRT or SUB to 3D in the Subtitle Tools menu.
    - Added a link to the Bernard's Wiki page about BD3D2MK3D in the Help menu. (Thanks Bernard!)
    Download the latest version here: BD3D2MK3D.7z
    Quote Quote  
  30. BfunnyKatrine, I too am trying to figure out the optimal settings for oculus quest 2

Why is the processing on the gpu less good? I would like to speed up the process. I have rtx40-series. The gpu's starting from 3000 series have powerful encoders/decoders.
    [Attachment 69816 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by kiwwx; 16th Mar 2023 at 13:05.
    Quote Quote