VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. SQLBob
    Hi All,

I'm new to RipBot264, and doing my best to set it up and troubleshoot it on my own, but after several days of still not getting anywhere I am now at the point where I feel asking around for help is warranted.

When I try to do distributed encoding, the encoding server will not connect. The client shows the server as being in a "connecting" state, then switches to disconnected. This happens over and over again about twice per second. Over on the server side, it shows the connection is established, and then that it has closed gracefully. Once again over and over in a loop. The TCP Communication window shows lots of:

553|CLIENT -> SERVER| CONNECT=10.7.1.170:1001
    554|CLIENT <- SERVER| OK

I have read through many other posts, and have checked an awful lot of things including the following:
    - Disabled other network adapters and made sure IP addresses being used are correct
    - Disabled windows firewall and antivirus on both machines
    - Visual C++ Redistributable is installed on both machines
    - I can telnet to port 1000 on the server, and 1001 on the client without issue (receiving "200 Welcome")
    - I can access the RipBot share from the remote server and write to it
    - I disabled password protected sharing in Windows

For additional background:
    - I'm running RipBot264 v1.24.0
    - Encoding Server is v1.17.0.0
    - Both computers are running Windows 10 and have plenty of resources
    - Both computers are plugged into the same switch, there is no network firewall between them

At this point I don't know what else to troubleshoot and welcome any guidance. Thank you very much in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    See the comments from the author in this thread to see if anything applies:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/395432-Ripbot264-Distributed-Issue-after-update
    Quote Quote  
  3. SQLBob
    I appreciate the tip, but I'm not sure any of that applies to me. I never even get to a point where it starts encoding because the remote server seemingly never connects.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can the PC's "see" each other in Windows Explorer/ network?
    Can you ping each other's I.P. address?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SQLBob View Post
    Hi All,

I'm new to RipBot264, and doing my best to set it up and troubleshoot it on my own, but after several days of still not getting anywhere I am now at the point where I feel asking around for help is warranted.

When I try to do distributed encoding, the encoding server will not connect. The client shows the server as being in a "connecting" state, then switches to disconnected. This happens over and over again about twice per second. Over on the server side, it shows the connection is established, and then that it has closed gracefully. Once again over and over in a loop. The TCP Communication window shows lots of:

553|CLIENT -> SERVER| CONNECT=10.7.1.170:1001
    554|CLIENT <- SERVER| OK

I have read through many other posts, and have checked an awful lot of things including the following:
    - Disabled other network adapters and made sure IP addresses being used are correct
    - Disabled windows firewall and antivirus on both machines
    - Visual C++ Redistributable is installed on both machines
    - I can telnet to port 1000 on the server, and 1001 on the client without issue (receiving "200 Welcome")
    - I can access the RipBot share from the remote server and write to it
    - I disabled password protected sharing in Windows

For additional background:
    - I'm running RipBot264 v1.24.0
    - Encoding Server is v1.17.0.0
    - Both computers are running Windows 10 and have plenty of resources
    - Both computers are plugged into the same switch, there is no network firewall between them

At this point I don't know what else to troubleshoot and welcome any guidance. Thank you very much in advance!
    try the tip in post #2 - https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175333
    Last edited by october262; 30th Dec 2019 at 18:08.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Can the PC's "see" each other in Windows Explorer/ network?
    Can you ping each other's I.P. address?
    Yes, I can ping in both directions. I can also create telnet connections in both directions on the appropriate ports, and receive the "200 welcome" message so I know it is successful.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Just thought I'd post back here that the new version, 1.25.0, works with no other changes in my environment. Not sure what was going on with 1.24.0, but something in the newer version took care of it.
    Quote Quote