Hi,

Just registered, thanks.

Ultimately one question: tell me best file format to save my created video projects for TV and computer playback and burn same to DVD for same screens playback.
And if you know Pinnacle what preset to choose under those file formats.

Pinnacle tutorials are about what buttons to push and not what nuances of each are. Any tutorial links you may have would be great.

I'm in the beginning stages of converting Super 8 film to digital. Doing it old school projection onto matte board and capturing with Canon Vixia HF R11 AVCHD camcorder. Image quality of the projection method is not bad. What's bad is the Super 8 camera used back in the day! I'm not making it worse than when I watch it on projection screen.

I upgraded to Pinnacle 23 because it has a crop feature. The square image of film projection and the camera's wider capture area left me with no image left and right if I wanted to capture the full top and bottom aspects of the projected image.

I thought avi was supposed to be the file format to save in for archival purposes. Is it?
Pinnacle23 gives avi option of Full Screen DV, mjpeg, small screen, medium screen -- what to choose?

If I choose another format like mp4 it gives many SD, HD options which I can't imagine help my Super 8mm quality - or does it? What about the camcorder video I take otherwise? Again what is the best save?

I am experimenting myself but wanted to narrow the options to try.

Thanks!
Bob