VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys.

I'm starting to experiment HDR media. Since I have no HDR ready screens I have to use solutions like MPC-BE alone (Enhanced Video Renderer). I don't use madVR because the playback is stuttering probably because the graphic card is not supported for hardware decoding.

Using MPC-BE alone I have different results. I want to watch the media in the big TV of the saloon (Sony KDL 32D3000) where I have attached a Minix Neox N42C-4 (a couple of months old) that has an Intel HD Graphics 505.

With default settings the picture is oversaturated in the Minix while it shows perfect in my (very) old computer (ATI Radeon HD 5850). If I play a non HDR media it looks good in the Minix. So... there's something between MPC-BE and the Sony TV that makes the picture oversaturated with HDR media but I have no clue what could be.

Any ideas? Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Try MPC Video Renderer.
    It's built for MPC-BE as a replacement for madVR and as it turns out, it displays HDR contents quite naturally on MPC-BE.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your answer @JKyle

I have installed it but problem persists. Do I have to do something else besides installing it? In the video options I see madVR as available (which it wasn't before). Selecting it corrects the picture but again I have stuttering in playback like I had with MPC HC + madVR.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Since MPC Video Renderer is in its early stage of development, I'm afraid there's not much for you to do to make it work better. MPC-BE seems to accept it as it is for now.

If madVR helps solve your problem, then I guess maybe you'd better fine tune madVR to remove the stuttering issue. There's a ton of tips on how to set madVR in detail if you search in this forum or on the web in general.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I did that before trying MPC-BE but I failed. Looks like madVR likes AMD and nVidia cards but doesn't like Intel Graphics so much.
    Quote Quote