VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im looking for a blu ray player software that allows me to take screen captures and save the capture as an image and also allow frame advance where i can pause the video and advance the screen frame by frame. i have a software called ideer blu-ray player that does screen captures but no frame advance. the software ive seen that does frame advance usually has the screen capture function grayed out when playing a blu ray movie. i dont want to have to download the movie to my computer to remove the protection and encryption just to get a couple of screen captures. if you know of any software that has these 2 features together for blu ray discs id really like to know
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    vlc media player can do both screen captures & frame advance.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    vlc media player can do both screen captures & frame advance.
    does it work with discs or does the movie need to be downloaded and converted to work? if the encryption needs to be decrypted what software or files do i need?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you can play blu-ray discs but you have to update the LibAACS library - https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/87puw8/psa_vlc_bluray_playback_updated/
    Quote Quote