VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Video sample attached. I need to convert a 1080p 30fps video to 29.97fps to make it Bluray compatible. The sample I've attached is it's native format. I know I can use the fake interlaced flag in x264 but what script should I use to convert to 29.97fps?

I thought I should use ConvertFPS (29.97) however the resulting video has blurring during panning of the camera. Could you please tell me what the best script is that I should use?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use AssumeFPS to slow it down without adding/deleting/blending frames. You have to slow down the audio to match

AssumeFPS(30000,1001, true)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. Any idea why the subtitles aren't kept after I encode the video to .M2TS? I demuxed the encoding and opened the subtitle file and it's empty.
    Is there a way to keep the subtitles?

Does the script slow down the audio on it's own or do I need to do that somehow? If I need to do it, how do I do that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you include audio in the script, it will slow down the audio (that's what the "true" is for, it shorthand for sync_audio=true), but you should fix the sampling rate with SSRC

AssumeFPS(30000,1001, sync_audio=true)
    SSRC(48000)

Text based subs need to be converted to BD sup subs if you want soft subs. Something like srt2bdsup or easysub . I'm not up to date on converting text subs for BD, there might be something newer or better

Or you can hardcode them with textsub() or any of the sub filter derivatives in avisynth
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks. If I convert the subs to BD sup subs then will the subs still by in sync with the video and audio after fixing the audio and video?

Is there a particular text to BD sup program you could recommend please?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    Thanks. If I convert the subs to BD sup subs then will the subs still by in sync with the video and audio after fixing the audio and video?
    Fix timing before converting . e.g aegisub . Load the subs, then file => export subtitles and there is a transform framerate option with input and output FPS

Is there a particular text to BD sup program you could recommend please?
    Not sure, haven't done that in years . Probably some recommended programs somewhere
    Quote Quote  
  7. You may also try this:
    1/ Remux your TrimSample.mkv to a new .mkv using mkvtoolnix
    2/ Open the new .mkv in tsmuxer.
    3/ In tsmuxer select change fps and in the dropbox select 30000/1001
    4/ In tsmuxer select Output M2TS muxing, or Blu-ray folder
    5/ Start muxing

Note however that for blu-ray compliance you would still have to re-encode the stream and convert the audio format to .ac3. The current audio AAC is not compliant.

Edit:
    Otherwise import your source in BD Rebuilder. It will do the rest for you and produce a blu-ray compliant output, including converted audio and subtitles, and add even a basic menu if you want. Needs a bit of initial learning though.
    Last edited by Sharc; 25th Dec 2019 at 04:53. Reason: BD Rebuilder added
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    If you include audio in the script, it will slow down the audio (that's what the "true" is for, it shorthand for sync_audio=true), but you should fix the sampling rate with SSRC

SSRC(48000)

Text based subs need to be converted to BD sup subs if you want soft subs. Something like srt2bdsup or easysub . I'm not up to date on converting text subs for BD, there might be something newer or better

Or you can hardcode them with textsub() or any of the sub filter derivatives in avisynth
    I used that exact script but after I encoded the video the audio out of sync with the video. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use changefps not convertfps. The later dupes and drops frames while the first blends them. You can also use srestore(frate=29.97, mode=-4). When going from 23.976 to 29.97 changefps works well while when going down srestore works better at times.
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  10. @dannybiy48888: What's mod=-4 doing?
    Avisynth documentation:
    mode int (1-3, default 2)

With the mode parameter you can decide if chroma should be used for detection and if srestore have to merge neighboured frames or look for dups to improve output quality:

1 - simple output mode, decimation is not touched
    2 - duping feature, if a frame has a dup-neighbour, that seems to have a higher quality, this one will be outputed
    3 - like 2 but the duplicates will be merged
    >3 - mode 2 and 3 combined
    By setting the compatible negative values, the chroma values will be also used for the detection.

Note: The double-blend-removal does not use this parameter (-> only mode 1 or -1).
    source: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Srestore
    doesn't list -4; Is there some documentation somewhere about negative mode values?
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  11. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Setting a negative value uses chroma also. -4 is the max and it helped me get smoother panning scenes. IE 4 would be 2&3 combined -4 is 2&3 with chroma
    Last edited by dannyboy48888; 20th Oct 2020 at 11:10. Reason: Clarification
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  12. ah okay, nice. thanks for the info.,
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    I used that exact script but after I encoded the video the audio out of sync with the video. What am I doing wrong?
    What source filter?
    Quote Quote  
  14. FFMS in MeGUI via OneClick. MeGUI creates the source filter line automatically:

Code:
    FFVideoSource("L:\Raw 2020-01-06 Clip.mkv", cachefile="L:\3q1qxkfx.u4z\Raw 2020-01-06 Clip.mkv.ffindex", 
    fpsnum=30, fpsden=1, threads=1)
    MeGUI OneClick only lets you select which source filter to use, you can't change the code that the source filter uses.
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 20th Oct 2020 at 12:28.
    Quote Quote  
  15. FFVideoSource should be ok for a MKV

But you need to include audio in the script . By default megui demuxes audio and treats it separately . So you don't have the audio corrections from sync_audio=true and SSRC

You need to use the .avs for audio processing

Code:
    aud=FFAudioSource("L:\Raw 2020-01-06 Clip.mkv")
    vid=FFVideoSource("L:\Raw 2020-01-06 Clip.mkv", cachefile="L:\3q1qxkfx.u4z\Raw 2020-01-06 Clip.mkv.ffindex", 
    fpsnum=30, fpsden=1, threads=1)
    AudioDub(vid,aud)
    SSRC(48000)
    Quote Quote  
  16. Thanks. I assume there's no way for me to automate this such as using OneClick which just allows me to drag a folder of files into it then select a video profile to use on all the files? So basically I have to manually add that aud and vid code, is that correct?

What about if I used DGIndexNV? Can that be automated or do I still need to manually add the aud and vid code for each file one by one?

If that won't work either, is there any other way to automate it, don't mind using a different program.
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 20th Oct 2020 at 13:23.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Was thinking, maybe I could instead use the MeGUI's FFMPEG audio encoder to fix the audio? It lets me use FFAudioSource as the decoder and change the sample rate. However I only see time modification for slowing down 25fps to lower fps, there's no option to slow 30 to 29.97fps. Any idea why? The "Extra" tab allows you to enter a custom command line for the audio encoding.

Any idea what script I would use there to do the same thing to the audio as you did in your script?
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 20th Oct 2020 at 21:13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I got bored so I created this.

Comments are welcome.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote