VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have the DNxHD codec installed on my Windows workstation. When I output from Premiere Pro I choose DNxHD50p 75 which shows output size 1920x1080. Fine. But when I look at the output file it reports to be 1440x1080.

Very confusing. I need the output file to be 1920x1080.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Installed DNxHD ? This must be an old version of Premiere? It comes with many flavours of DNxHD/DNxNR now

In the options, if there are the letters "TR" in the name, that indicates "thin raster" or horizontally compressed . 1440 instead of 1920. Use the ones that don't say TR
    Quote Quote  
  3. Acually the version of Premiere is slightly old. However, I installed the DNxHD codex recently - DNxHD MXF OP1a. That is the option to choose in Premiere as output, and under sub there are no TR options. For 50p there is DNxHD 50p 240 and 75.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    IIRC, in those older versions, it didn't even have you specify - if you chose a particular resolution option and gave it one of the lower bitrate suboptions, because it knew it needed to maintain sufficient quality, it automatically chose a TR version for you.
    And that was how it was supposed to work.

TR versions will still play at the intended resolution (1440->1920, 960->1280), they're just anamorphic. If this is unacceptable to you, perhaps choose a higher bitrate.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks. I chose a higher bitrate and it comes out as 1920x1080 proper.
    Quote Quote