Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jerry AAA View Post
    I'm trying to get the plate #
    Not happening. Nothing is there.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have a video I need to retrieve the license plate number from. It is a New Jersey plate.
    This guy dumps car tires and buckets of oil regularly. This is the third time. Put in better video cameras but still no luck getting the plate of this white mercedes polluter.
    Any help...even a partial number would help. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WJAfCDbzrkRReT7aVeA6uo3CJBiyHB9S/view?usp=sharing
    Quote Quote  
  3. It depends on what is enhanced. Of course it seems possible to sharpen faces because there are thousands of similar faces in the related database, or birds or landscapes. In case of details where the interest is to get UNIQUE details like in this case, this can't be done. You can have thousands of license plates in your database and the A. I. can learn to paint you a wonderful nice looking detailled plate, but the details you look for, always will be a mix of all details in the database. A. I. cannot do magic, that's what people often seem to forget in newer times. It's all deterministic.
    So IF you have enough details for reconstructing or make visible these UNIQUE details, then most probably you can sharpen/make visible the content also in other ways, maybe even better.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That is true. So I'd be curious if dtags succeeds in getting a correctly identified plate or not. In either case, I hope he posts before and after pics.
    Quote Quote