VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    i know ,there are many trreads but many are updated
    i don't own audio cd with 4 channels
    a friend of mine bought a cd and there are 4 channels , it plays on it's car "stereo" and i can hear there are 4 different audio tracks

well i know the red book is 44100k @ 16bit
    i tried to copy with anyburn without luck

i bought his cd and i can have a copy of it ,in europe

but are there some software that can do it ?
    for example imgburn or CUETools or eac or EZ CD Audio Converter (the new easy cd extratotor ) or a RAW copy program?

or the only way to create a dvd audio cd (but i don't think his player read dvd )

thanks

ps i read somewhere there is possibile to copy cd 20 or 24bit and 48000 , at least some users were able to do it

Merry Xmas
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the only cd disc that can have 4 channels is an "sacd". they stopped producing them at least 10 years ago and could only play 4 ch. on a special sacd player. they have a second layer that contains normal cd audio that will play, but only in 2 ch. on a normal cd player. they are encrypted and aren't copy-able at all with normal equipment.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    the only cd disc that can have 4 channels is an "sacd". they stopped producing them at least 10 years ago and could only play 4 ch. on a special sacd player. they have a second layer that contains normal cd audio that will play, but only in 2 ch. on a normal cd player. they are encrypted and aren't copy-able at all with normal equipment.
    hi
    and it's not possible to copy it ,isn't it?
    and may i ask you could be a dvd?

thanks Aedipuss
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    there is no way to read the 4 channel part of the sacd with a computer drive. long ago there were a couple people with hacked playstation 3s that had sacd drives that could read out that part, but that was the only way.

what's the top of the disc say? sacd or dvd? what color is the dye on the bottom?
    --
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    there is no way to read the 4 channel part of the sacd with a computer drive. long ago there were a couple people with hacked playstation 3s that had sacd drives that could read out that part, but that was the only way.

what's the top of the disc say? sacd or dvd? what color is the dye on the bottom?
    hi
    sadly i have not now on my hand , it 's down in the car
    but color is gray like all the cd audio ,but i haven't watched so carefull
    haven't seen sacd or dvd , i will get it ..soon
    but if they stopped to product 10 years ago , i guess it's a dvd
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    One other possibility is that it is a dts/dolbydigital-encoded quasi-cd. Aka dts or dd encoded multichannel, with zero padding interspersed to fill out to lpcm bitrates, encapsulated in and spoofing a standard wav file, so it can get authored as a standard cd even though it isn't.

Note that if you get/make one of these but don't have equipment that can auto recognize & decode properly, you will end up with high volume, stereo, digital noise. Which could possibly ruin your amp, your speakers, or your ears.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    One other possibility is that it is a dts/dolbydigital-encoded quasi-cd. Aka dts or dd encoded multichannel, with zero padding interspersed to fill out to lpcm bitrates, encapsulated in and spoofing a standard wav file, so it can get authored as a standard cd even though it isn't.

Note that if you get/make one of these but don't have equipment that can auto recognize & decode properly, you will end up with high volume, stereo, digital noise. Which could possibly ruin your amp, your speakers, or your ears.

Scott
    Hi Scott
    there is no label but it's a dvd , it 's compliation of dance music ,there duft punk songs , not my genre
    i will give it back and i will say i can't copy it
    but in the past ,years years ago , there are so many programs raw copy , are they unless now?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The spec for redbook audio cd officially hinted that there would be a 4ch option, but in reality it never was created.

Sounds like your friend bought a commercial (pressed) disc, and if so will always be silver, and will not be a dts/dd cd but rather a dvd-video, or dvd-audio, (or universal), or sacd. Or possibly bluray (automotive players do exist).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's possible to copy, but the issue is can it be decrypted?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No label? Sounds gray market...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's possible to copy, but the issue is can it be decrypted?

Scott
    hi
    i don't know where has he bought it
    there is an orginal cover (plastic) and dvd or cd looks legit
    well i will try again with imgburn and the dvd , if it works well , if it doesn't work well he need to keep the original
    but it's really weird that new hardware , blue ray , dvd can't copy such dvd or cd even are not standard like redbook
    thanks Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can get the free version of isobuster and see what type of files are on the disc.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Dvd, sacd, and bluray ARE standard. However, they were DESIGNED to not be copyable.
    And if the big companies had known that CDs would be copyable, they would have made them more difficult as well.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you can get the free version of isobuster and see what type of files are on the disc.
    hi Aedipuss
    i will give it a try
    thank you

Dvd, sacd, and bluray ARE standard. However, they were DESIGNED to not be copyable.
    And if the big companies had known that CDs would be copyable, they would have made them more difficult as well.

Scott
    hi Scott
    i don't know in U.S.A and Texas , but in Europe you have the right to have 1 copy of your legit cd , dvd and blue ray
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Legally copyable is another matter.

I'm talking about technologically copyable. Cd is easy, as it needs no decryption (it has no encryption).
    DVD is mildly difficult due to ccs.
    Bd is quite difficult due to aacs & bd+. Uhdbd is even more difficult.
    Sacd is near impossible due to psp watermarking & proprietary (& licensed) decryption algorithms & keys.

Legally, Europe is on stronger ground when it comes to fair use loopholes, but both your and my areas are signees of enforcement of the strict WIPO requirements.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  16. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    If you posted a picture of the disc you could have solved your dilemma in two posts.
    Quote Quote