VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Or is that separate?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Typically yes, but given adequate bitrate and proper channel assignment you're unlikely to notice.

But it really depends on the source. If you're doing PCM->PCM for example, it can be completely lossless.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    With most video encoders you can bypass the audio encoder so it doesn't get touched.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 90sTV View Post
    Or is that separate?
    I'm guessing this is related to your other thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/395368-Is-there-an-equivalent-to-SmartCutter-Ps-Ts...-JOINING-video

I don't currently have access to the PC containing the trial version of Smart Cutter PS/TS that I downloaded yesterday in order to answer your previous post but will try to figure out what it does with audio when I can use the Smart Cutter PS/TS trial again.

However, as an example of what might happen with audio when joining files with a smart encoding editor: I use another smart encoding editor to edit my recorded TV files, VideoReDo TV Suite V6. VideoReDo TV Suite can edit, join and convert supported types of video but doesn't include encoders for all of the audio types that it is able to edit and join. For instance, even though VideoReDo TV Suite can edit or join files containing AC3 audio, it cannot convert other types of audio to AC3 or re-encode the AC3 audio in one clip to match the characteristics of AC3 audio in a different clip.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 22nd Dec 2019 at 20:23.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by 90sTV View Post
    Or is that separate?
    I'm guessing this is related to your other thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/395368-Is-there-an-equivalent-to-SmartCutter-Ps-Ts...-JOINING-video

I don't currently have access to the PC containing the trial version of Smart Cutter PS/TS that I downloaded yesterday in order to answer your previous post but will try to figure out what it does with audio when I can use the Smart Cutter PS/TS trial again.

However, as an example of what might happen with audio when joining files with a smart encoding editor: I use another smart encoding editor to edit my recorded TV files, VideoReDo TV Suite V6. VideoReDo TV Suite can edit, join and convert supported types of video but doesn't include encoders for all of the audio types that it is able to edit and join. For instance, even though VideoReDo TV Suite can edit or join files containing AC3 audio, it cannot convert other types of audio to AC3 or re-encode the AC3 audio in one clip to match the characteristics of AC3 audio in a different clip.
    Well, I don't know how accurate this is, but here's what it says here: https://www.videohelp.com/software/Smart-Cutter-Ps-Ts

All subtitles and audios in the movie will also be cut and saved without re-encoding.
    Quote Quote