VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So i have recently started using OBS studio on my PC to record my monitor(s) and this works great as long as i capture the whole screen/monitor area. But then i tried something else and i used the crop function in OBS to cature only a certain area on the screen. For example, an application window but here`s the problem i see with this crop function. When i start recording the screen, it still captures the entire height & width of the monitor and therefore the video ends up with lots of black around the cropped area.

So my question is, can i crop the output somehow in OBS and only render the cropped area when i record the video?

All of my 3 LG monitors runs in 2160x3840 resolution and that`s also what i have the video output set to in OBS video settings.

If there is no way to crop the output in OBS, can i use some other software to do this afterwards?

I will attach a screenshot showing how my recorded video looks like after cropping it and as you can see, lots of black above the cropped area.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	OBS_crop.png
Views:	201
Size:	510.3 KB
ID:	51182  

Quote Quote