VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried the program AnyVideoConverter as I have 50 tv series to burn to DVD and some movies. The files are in a wide range of formats from mkv, mp4,avi, mpg4. I want to create DVD's that will run on a CITIZEN Dual VHS/DVD player standalone. These files are for my grandson so old tv shows. The files all play on the computer no problem.

So with the program I converted the files to mpeg2. This is a slow process for say a 2.5 GB file. It only converts the file only. Doesn't create the Audio or Video_TS file. When I go to burn Video it reads my 2.5 GB as needing 6.5 GB DVD. So not knowing I used a 8GB DVD. Ran the DVD did the burn, file ended up being 2.5 GB on DVD once burned, it wouldn't run on the dvd player but did play on computer. I have contacted tech support and no response on reading DVD size wrong. The only solution was to change to PAL format. I live in Canada so that didn't make sense.

So I tried converting file to mpeg. older version for the older DVD player. Then used Express Burn to create DVD. It created all the files and burned successfully. Works on the computer but not the DVD player.

I am stuck and so frustrated any help will be appreciated. I got one of the burned disk and the file format of the Video matches the ones on my disk but don't know what the file format was mpeg. avi or mkv or something. plz help ASAP I have been fighting with this for a week now, ruined 8 DVDs. I was hoping to make a collection for my grandson for Christmas. Mom doesn't want 350 GB of old shows on her computer.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    AnyVideoConverter is not suitable for creating actual DVD's! You need something along the lines of AVStoDVD to create real DVD's
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have to agree with darkkight. It sounds like what you are doing is writing the files that are converted to DVD but not actually Authoring a DVD. The result is not a "DVD" per se but just files on the media. For the DVD player to recognize it as a DVD movie, especially an older model, it needs to be in a DVD format.
    To clarify, read this Wikipedia that explains the process
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_authoring
    Quote Quote