VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a way to change this to include both .srt and .ass?

Code:
    @echo off
    :: # this will remux all .ass subtitle and mkv files of the same name into a folder called output while removing any current subtitles in the container
    for %%A IN (*.mkv) do ( "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" -S -o "output\%%~nxA" "%%~A" --forced-track "0:yes" --default-track "0:yes" --track-name "0:English" --language "0:eng" "%%~nA.ass" )
    pause
    currently i have made 2 separate files and just changed .ass to .srt but i'd like to be able to use a single file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just a try since I see no one answered so far.... I Didn't have any MKV but tried the following with MP4 and it successfully added the track with the correct srt/ass to the corresponding video

Files used:
    CGOP.mp4
    CGOP_2.MP4
    CGOP.SRT
    CGOP_2.ASS --> (They are in french just to be sure)
    Code used:
    for %%A IN (cgop*.mp4) do (
    IF EXIST "%%~pnA.srt" (
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\MKVtoolNix\mkvmerge.exe" -S -o "output\%%~nxA" "%%~A" --forced-track "0:yes" --track-name "0:English" --language "0:eng" "%%~nA.srt"
    ) ELSE (
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\MKVtoolNix\mkvmerge.exe" -S -o "output\%%~nxA" "%%~A" --forced-track "0:yes" --track-name "0:English" --language "0:eng" "%%~nA.ass"
    )
    )

CGOP.MP4 has English from CGOP.SRT
    CGOP_2.MP4 has French from CGOP_2.ASS

This assumes you have have one SRT or ASS for each file in the list. If not, you may have to add another else statement
    Quote Quote