VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have been looking for a long time for a player that would have cutter/splitter options included. Basically my job requires me to make montages from videos and this functionality would be very practical (instead of switching every time to editors). I use mpv as my default player usually, but it doesn't have these. VLC have that option but it's pretty terrible as it doesn't cut precisely where I set the marks when I try to cut a short clip of a few seconds (it works better with longer clips). And I tried many players but I didn't find these options in any of them.

I know it is possible with ffmpeg, but I'm looking for a GUI solution.

What I need is easy. I watch a video with the player, I see a part I want to cut, I can do it directly within that player 'precisely' (frame by frame - I select mark one and mark two and it's a go). A splitter option would be a bonus if included.

Important: I need the player to be able to read subtitles (srt files, etc...).

Let me know if you have ideas.

2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please do not open another thread on a subject you already posted,please continue here,this thread is closed.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/395197-Batch-splitting-videos-in-2-equal-parts
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.