VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,

Can someone clarify where things stand with the new tsMuxer 2.6.15? Supposedly there's no GUI yet but there appears to be a screenshot of it online and some chatter that GUI from version 2.6.12 can be used but I have trouble figuring it out how to get it to work. Can someone offer insight and some easy to follow steps on how to get the new tsMuxer version working with a GUI?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just put the tsmuxer 2.6.15 in the folder replacing 2.6.12,it will work,it will say it's 2.6.12 cause the gui is 2.6.12 but it's really 2.6.15 for the main file.
    Last edited by johns0; 12th Dec 2019 at 00:54.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There's gui in it when you download it.
    Can you provide the link? I downloaded the master zip package from git hub and there are folders for both tsmuxer and GUI in the package but they're both empty. There are no exe files within them.

EDIT: I'm referring to latest version 2.6.15, older versions do have a GUI.

Thanks.
    Last edited by tommy2010; 12th Dec 2019 at 00:57.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just read my previous post,i was editing it when you posted.And download it from here.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just put the tsmuxer 2.6.15 in the folder replacing 2.6.12,it will work,it will say it's 2.6.12 cause the gui is 2.6.12 but it's really 2.6.15 for the main file.
    Oh, I see. It's great that it works this way for now but from the screenshot I understand that the 2.6.15 version now also supports UHD muxing which can only be used via CMD due to the outdated GUI. Is this correct?

Thank you for replying.
    Quote Quote  
  6. 2.6.15 version now also supports UHD muxing which can only be used via CMD due to the outdated GUI
    Try it, you might be surprised since it is the exe that does the work
    DV might be an issue
    Last edited by Iamback; 12th Dec 2019 at 15:15.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using txMuxeR v.2.6.12 for quite a long time and have it updated to v.2.6.15 just recently on the suggestion from johns0 by using the new txMuxeR 2.6.15 .exe file to replace the 2.6.12 .exe file in the tsMuxeR main folder.

IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!!

I have tried to rip several UHD Blu-ray movies with deleting all unwanted video and subtitle streams, and further to adding new PGS subtitle. They are working so well and the edited UHD Blu-ray iso file plays well with the newly added subtitle in my Zappiti 4K Player without any trouble.

Please see the attached pic of tsMuxeR 2.6.15 interface in operation (txMuxeR-2.6.15.jpg).

Now I need help from someone who has the know-how to teach me how to locate and extract the "Blu-ray Disc Property Data" when using tsMuxeR to edit Blu-ray BDMV video.

When I was using the previous version as v2.6.12, I still couldn't have it done successfully by extracting the Disc Property Data onto the newly edited UHD BluRay iso file and neither on the latest v.2.6.15 version.

I have also enclosed 2 pictures in explaining my question as follows:

Picture 1 (namely bdmv-property-1.jpg) showing the Disc Property Data can be called out from original complete UHD Blu-ray BDMV file before editing is done by tsMuxeR.
    Picture 2 (namely bdmv-property-2.jpg) showing the Disc Property Date are all missing after edition work is done by tsMuxeR.
    (p.s.: Zappiti 4K Media Player is used for playing the edited UHD BluRay iso files)

Any professional suggestion is highly appreciated.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	txMuxeR-2.6.15.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	51138  

Click image for larger version

Name:	bdmv-property-1.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	51139  

Name:	bdmv-property-2.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	51140  

Quote Quote  
  8. alonsotony107

Not sure what you mean by "Blu-ray Disc Property Data". Are you talking about the correct playlist? If so Ripbot264 is very easy for finding that out. Simply click "Add" and open the biggest m2ts file in the stream folder or if the movie uses multiple branching then open any m2ts that looks like it's part of the main movie. Ripbot264 will analyze and come back with the correct playlist and what streams are part of it. From the pull-down menu you can also check if the streams are also part of a secondary playlist which usually is the case when a BD includes more than one cut of a film. For a better view of which streams are included in the playlist click the "edit" button to the right of the playlist field.

Once you know the playlist you can open it TsMuxer to remove unwanted streams and build a new structure/ISO.

Iamback

Thanks for the info
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure what you mean by "Blu-ray Disc Property Data".
    Neither am I.
    But I think what you want is BDInfo https://www.videohelp.com/software/BDInfo.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Tommy2010 & isapc,
    Thanks for your reply.

Please see the attached pic in below as "bdmv-property-1a" which explains what I meant "BluRay Disc Property date".
    When I play the original Blu-ray UHD BDMV file, before doing any ripping works, all relevant disc information were able to be called out when I hit the "Property" tag of the video player, which gives me full details of disc infos of this BDMV file.

Then, after the original Bly-ray BDMV file was ripped by tsMuxeR in just keeping the main UHD video stream + its main audio stream with a couple of additional language of subtitle files added in, all technical data of the "edited video" were gone missing in the new stream, which I wouldn't be able to double check if the selected original main streams of video and audio were brought forward onto the new BDMV video successfully without any video and audio "down-scale" occurred (please see the attached pic in below as bdmv-property-2a).

I fully understand how to use the BDInfo and the txMuxeR (even in the latest 2.6.15 version), which give me no trouble to identify the main m2ts stream of any BDMV Blu-ray UHD file and further to alter them into a new Blu-ray UHD stream as required by my won needs.

The only thing troubles me was I don't know how to keep all necessary metadata in the newly "edited" video and perhaps txMuxeR isn't carrying this option at all.

I hope the captioned infos would give you a more clear picture of my quires, many thanks again.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bdmv-property-1a.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	51176  

Name:	bdmv-property-2a.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	51177  

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Iamback View Post
    Thanks for that and will try it on and see how it goes.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Since I already started a tsMuxer thread I'm posting this here in hopes that the creators will see or someone will pass this along.

I discovered a bug with the new tsMuxer when changing labels of added streams like custom subtitles or even when you demux the original subtitle and then add it back. By default the "lang" column is blank which is normal but when you change the label to any language from the pull down menu instead of displaying the language acronym it shows a numeric code.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by tommy2010 View Post
    Since I already started a tsMuxer thread I'm posting this here in hopes that the creators will see or someone will pass this along.

I discovered a bug with the new tsMuxer when changing labels of added streams like custom subtitles or even when you demux the original subtitle and then add it back. By default the "lang" column is blank which is normal but when you change the label to any language from the pull down menu instead of displaying the language acronym it shows a numeric code.

Thanks
    I would start here https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176668 or here https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/issues if you have issues.
    Quote Quote