VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Last friday, my webcam (from my laptop) was working well and since yesterday, when I want to use it on skype it's a black screen that I've got and on website I have the "You refused access to your devices" eventhough I just clicked "allow"...

It's making me crazy... What I should I do? I already uninstalled/re-installed chrome but nothing changed, I checked in settings about the permission and I deactivated my webcam temporary, but nothing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    anyone please?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Go to Start -> Settings -> Privacy -> Camera and make sure Allow Access To The Camera On This Device is on. Make sure Allow Apps To Access Your Camera is enabled. Make sure the app you are using is allowed to access the camera. And scroll down to the bottom of the dialog and make sure Desktop apps are allowed to use the camera.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13753/windows-10-camera-does-not-work
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Dec 2019 at 09:24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That laptop have windows 7, I already checked this in chrome settings and task manager, the webcam have all the permissions and on some websites when I click on "allow", the cam is still not working. but thanks for your reply @jagabo

So about eveything and what I already did :
    - I deactivated/enabled my webcam in task manager (still not working)
    - The tiny cam icon is showing on chrome
    - I used a chat website to see if my cam work, after clicking on "allow" it said "You refused to give access to your devices"
    - My webcam is up to date (according to task manager)
    - Another site say "Error, your webcam is used by another application"
    I used a program to see which app is using my cam but nothing, is there any other way to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    did you try restarting your computer ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, multiple times already. Still the same, webcam isn't working
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    One thing you can try is to do a system restore before friday to see if that gets it working.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it is some sort of bug - scroll to date 9/25/19 - https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/2062037?hl=en try using this Chrome flag
    --enable-features=RunVideoCaptureServiceInBrowserProcess - https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=992328
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Johns, this is unbelievable, there is no system restore before friday, it's crazy. There is only Tuesday (this week) and yesterday... Damn bad luck...
    Your idea is good because I already tried system restore long time before for another problem. But it's useless to restore until yesterday

- I tried the cam with others browsers (Opera, Firefox, Vivaldi) and still not working... After clicking "allow" it say "You refused to give access to your devices"...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @October for now I tried https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/, after cliking allow it said "camera not authorized"

On Windows 7, is there a way to see if my cam is used by any application?
    Last edited by WazaKrash; 12th Dec 2019 at 03:39.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm also trying to find a way to reset my integrated webcam, is it possible to do this ?
    At this point, since the cam don't work, maybe a reset could solve my problem...

I found this https://www.google.com/search?ei=Hv3xXdifO43qavnNqsAL&q=how+to+reset+laptop+webcam+on+...OpGeUIeCtPgF27

But don't you think it's risky? This isn't like a separated webcam that I can plug to re-install it. Isn't it risky to uninstall an integrated webcam? should I do it?

sorry for all this questions but I'm really annoyed by this trouble.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just uninstall and reinstall the webcam software and drivers,it isn't risky.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So I tried things again, I uninstalled/reinstalled adoble flash player (at this point, why not) but nothing changed, I also tried to install an older version
    but adobe prevent me from doing it.

I made a second user account on my laptop, to see if by chance the webcam could work but it failed...

Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Just uninstall and reinstall the webcam software and drivers,it isn't risky.
    I did the exact thing like the earlier video, but that changed nothing. @John, do you know another method to uninstall the cam and the drivers?

This is seriously so annoying, that cam was working so well and suddenly it made me waste my day. It didn't break or fall, I can't understand why it doesn't work anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try checking your firewall / antivirus software to
    if those aren't blocking your webcam from working.
    might also try restarting your computer in safe mode with networking to see if the webcam still works.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What do your event logs say?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    try checking your firewall / antivirus software to
    if those aren't blocking your webcam from working.
    might also try restarting your computer in safe mode with networking to see if the webcam still works.
    Will test it when I go home and have some time.

What do your event logs say?
    @Cornucopia, I'm not familiar with this but I watched the event viewer quickly, I will check it again but what should attract my attention?
    I'm not familiar with this so I don't know what I should find, I'll made a screenshot
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Check to see what occurred during the time that things changed to see if any process/upgrade/error/event could be responsible.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Of course it could simply be that your webcam has died, have you got another one that you can plug into your USB port?
    Quote Quote