VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been trying to encode some videos to x265 with 10-bit encoding, & have experimented with both TMPGenc Video Mastering Works & also DVDFab. On both occasions the software have created videos that are too dark. Is there any reason for this & is there a way to rectify the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Two encoders giving the same dark output hints that you have a playback problem, not an encoding problem. Upload a short sample, before and after.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don’t see how it can be a playback problem when the same problem occurs when played on numerous machines that I have tried it through?
    I I’ve put the result through a few software players as well as on USB via 2 different bluray players, a media player, an HDTV and video projector?
    I’ve tried a few different recordings with the same problem.

It also looks like the recordings are much darker with DVDFab than TMPGenc.

I’ll try to upload a sample later.
    Quote Quote  
  4. May be missing VUI flags,...
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by magnu View Post
    I don’t see how it can be a playback problem when the same problem occurs when played on numerous machines that I have tried it through?
    I I’ve put the result through a few software players as well as on USB via 2 different bluray players, a media player, an HDTV and video projector?
    I’ve tried a few different recordings with the same problem.

It also looks like the recordings are much darker with DVDFab than TMPGenc.
    You should mentioned all that in your initial post. In any case, samples will help diagnose the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    May be missing VUI flags,...
    How can I find out? Any software that will tell me and, if so, place them in the videos?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Post a detailed MediaInfo analysis of the source and the reencode,...
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote