VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does Open Shot Video Editor allow 'TEXT' to be written on the actual video? Such as the lyrics to a song?

Most video Editors allow text to be written on the video, but I cannot find this function in 'Open Shot'.....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes.

https://www.openshot.org/user-guide/

Search for "titles"
    Last edited by smrpix; 4th Dec 2019 at 15:08.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ['Title' .... as you mention, does not appear to be 'Text' on the video, but rather footers and sub-headings. I am looking for Text to be written along the video timeline itself - as Microsoft movie maker 2012 version used to enable
    Quote Quote  
  4. It appears they do not make it easy -- but it is certainly doable. It says you can modify their templates and create your own.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I remember that in another area of the program .... so I will try that. Thanks for the tip!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi,

I'm havingf to remotley access the net and staring inot the blnding sunl;ihgt as I'm working on a challeing deadline.

I can't see on the page whore you start a new thread - my apologies.

I'm new to OpenShot and trying to do a Fade in from a Title Page I created and the start of a video clip.

I thought I had to choose Transitions > Fade and then drage that Fade down to the Timeline?

But, that just causes nothing to be seen between the Title Page and the 1st video.

If I want to fade in from title do I just lay the video clip somewhere on top of the Title page and that causes the fade in?

If so, then when does one use Fade in the Transitions?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Would anyone be so kind as to share an online forum dedicated to Open Shot?

The reddit forum has not been as helpful as I need.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You seriously have to be a glutton for punishment to use the program.

Even Pinnacle Studio is better. Let that statement sink in. (If you're unaware, it's infamous buggy payware.)
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  9. I appreciate the thoughts but it's really not my call, I have to live with using it.

I'm just trying to find help.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know of other forums but you can internet search on openshot tutorial and find a bunch of web sites that may help
    Quote Quote  
  11. For "eager to learn", after you create, then place the title on the timeline, you can add fades to the title, just as you would any clip, by right clicking on the title, and choosing fade.
    Quote Quote