VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Thread
  1. Hi Everyone,

    I'm trying to get Ripbot264 running on a third machine which is a laptop with Windows 7 Home 64-bit so to take advantage of the distributed encoding. I've installed all the pre-requisites Avisynth redistributable from the github page, the FDShow 32 bit as well as the Haali Matroska Splitter. Then I took the fresh Ripbot264 from this site and attempted to run it. The Ripbot and Encoding clients open no problem but the Encoding Server does not. The hour glass spins for a split second then nothing and there's no trace of the server in the Windows task manager either. Here's what I tried. Made firewall exceptions for Ripbot and even turned the firewall off completely to no avail. Also, I turned off the User Account Control setting but again that did nothing. Finally I updated the Java Environment to version 8 which did nothing to help this issue as well.

    I reached a point where I'm out of ideas and searching on Google for this issue didn't yield any results. Has anyone else encountered this issue and/or can offer any clue as to what might be blocking the Encoding Server? Like I said I already have Ripbot running on two other machines both 64-bit with one being a Windows 10 and the set up was really straight forward so I'm really baffled why this 3rd machine is such a pain.

    Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Central Germany
    Search PM
    Well ... ffdshow and Haali are both outdated. LAV Filters are the current recommendation instead. And disabling the UAC completely is a lot worse than installing an application outside the "Program Files" directory branch.

    The doom9 forum is the home of the RipBot264 author. Unfortunately, this thread is already miles long... but I bet there are already similar issues mentioned.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tommy2010 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    I'm trying to get Ripbot264 running on a third machine which is a laptop with Windows 7 Home 64-bit so to take advantage of the distributed encoding. I've installed all the pre-requisites Avisynth redistributable from the github page, the FDShow 32 bit as well as the Haali Matroska Splitter. Then I took the fresh Ripbot264 from this site and attempted to run it. The Ripbot and Encoding clients open no problem but the Encoding Server does not. The hour glass spins for a split second then nothing and there's no trace of the server in the Windows task manager either. Here's what I tried. Made firewall exceptions for Ripbot and even turned the firewall off completely to no avail. Also, I turned off the User Account Control setting but again that did nothing. Finally I updated the Java Environment to version 8 which did nothing to help this issue as well.

    I reached a point where I'm out of ideas and searching on Google for this issue didn't yield any results. Has anyone else encountered this issue and/or can offer any clue as to what might be blocking the Encoding Server? Like I said I already have Ripbot running on two other machines both 64-bit with one being a Windows 10 and the set up was really straight forward so I'm really baffled why this 3rd machine is such a pain.

    Thank you in advance.
    found this - https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175333
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you all for your replies but I was finally able to figure out the cause of the problem. The issue and not surprisingly so was the Norton Internet Security software which on my laptop happened to be an even greater pain than anticipated. It would not remove when running it's uninstaller, ability to stop it in services was greyed out and I couldn't even disable it within the msconfig. I'm sure that by going deeper in the registry and possibly using a cleaner I would finally get rid off it but to avoid risking a system screw up I tracked down its folder on the system and was able to block it from running by simply renaming it. Doing so has unblocked Ribot264 and it's working fine.

    Another issue that I'm struggling with now is that is that at random times the screen on my laptop goes black and then the laptop just sits there. Everything related to sleep has been disabled and I can confirm that the laptop freezes when it happens since the encoding on it stops and I can no longer access it via network. The only way to get it back up is to force shut it down with the power button.

    Atak,

    It's been a while since I tried it but is there something that was or can be done in regards to HEVC having frame rate information once encoded with Ripbot264? Unlike AVC, TsMuxer shows "no frame rate" for the HEVC video streams and when playing back the muxed Blu-ray structure the audio becomes greatly out of sync with video. From what I recall this isn't an issue with MKV but then we have a problem when TrueHD audio.

    Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Central Germany
    Search PM
    3rd party security suites are often rather additional risks than additional security, compared to built-in features in Windows...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Your laptop is simply overheating.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Your laptop is simply overheating.
    Initially that's what I thought too and so I brought in the fans but then noticed the laptop going black at random even when just sitting there with no apps running. Sometimes it even goes black shortly after a reboot. It could be a hardware issue or some background app causing it to crash.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tommy2010 View Post
    Your laptop is simply overheating.
    Initially that's what I thought too and so I brought in the fans but then noticed the laptop going black at random even when just sitting there with no apps running. Sometimes it even goes black shortly after a reboot. It could be a hardware issue or some background app causing it to crash.
    check the sleep / power save settings.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by tommy2010 View Post
    I brought in the fans but then noticed the laptop going black at random even when just sitting there with no apps running. Sometimes it even goes black shortly after a reboot.
    Obviously, you need to fix the laptop before you can do any encoding with it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. check the sleep / power save settings.
    All sleep and power saving features are disabled.

    Obviously, you need to fix the laptop before you can do any encoding with it.
    Obviously, but finding the cause of the problem first would help.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Check your CPU temps. Run diagnostics, like Hiren's BootCD. Memory test, disk scans, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tommy2010 View Post
    check the sleep / power save settings.
    All sleep and power saving features are disabled.

    Obviously, you need to fix the laptop before you can do any encoding with it.
    Obviously, but finding the cause of the problem first would help.
    connect your laptop to an external monitor and see if it still goes dark.
    two reasons: (1) incompatible display driver software , or (2) a failing backlight
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads