VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys first of all I like to say hi to all of you and excuse me m y Englishis not my first, I have this problem, a good friend o mine give me a hard disc that have some problems inside, mechanicals, my friend never did a backup (I know) and he has all inside ths hard disc I mean, all the photos, documents videos etc from his child from born etc he told me "please recover the information inside, save my life"

I trying with strelek and Getdataback NTFS, that give me through the scan error and the scan takes almost 8 days, I donīt know what to do if you can recomend some especific tool for this? so I donīt lose time for the disc I mean

Thank You very much in advance!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. you are using pretty much what many use...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try Z.A.R. (Zero Assumption Recovery). Depending on the size of the drive the scan will take some time (but not 8 days unless it is really large). Also the free version scan will (should) show that data is recoverable but you will have to purchase the program to actually recover the data.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What type of mechanical error does the drive have? There are only two that I can think of and they both require professional recovery. If it's clicking, that means the head is stuck. If it's spinning down, it's the board and unless it's an ATA drive can't be user replaced.
    Last edited by lingyi; 2nd Dec 2019 at 12:22.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The free version of Z.A.R recovers photos and videos.
    Quote Quote