VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello! I'm sorta new to video conversions, so please excuse any incorrect information. I need some assistance playing .MOV files with the HECV codec in Premiere Pro as they are continually stuttering and glitching in playback.

Well basically, I recorded some shots with my iPhone w/ HEVC in .mov format and when I attempt to play them back in premiere, they are extremely glitchy (Low fps, playback stutter, unsynced audio, etc.). These videos play perfectly fine on Windows media player, so I figured it had to be a problem with Premiere. My first thought was to convert these videos to mp4 with an online converting tool in an attempt to rectify the stuttering, which seemed to resolve the problem. I then did some research as to how to mass convert large quantities of .mov files to mp4s to which I discovered handbrake and ffmpeg. Converting files through handbrake worked, but I have around 500-700 files that needed to be converted, so I needed something more efficient so I tried ffmpeg. After some looking into the program, I typed the following command line into a .bat and proceed to convert the files.

for %%a in ("*.*") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 20 -b:a 128k "D:\Films\%%~na.mp4"

The conversion of the files was successful, but they continued to stutter in Premiere playback. After many attempts and months of trying, I just can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Premiere works perfectly fine with every other video format I've tried, even .mov files recorded in .AVC on my iPhone previously. If anyone has any idea on how to resolve this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. (I've also included a ss of some information on one of the files.) Thanks a lot.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	51000  

Quote Quote  
  2. Use Premiere's proxy function to create smaller, smoother i-frame versions of your clips. Edit smoothly to your heart's content, then output to your preferred format. Premiere knows to use the original files for your final export.

When you are finished you can delete the proxies to reclaim disk space.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/ingest-proxy-workflow-premiere-pro-cc-2015.html
    Quote Quote