VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Thread
  1. Is there portable version of "Mediainfo Lite" to download (windows version)? I don't want to install "MediaInfo 19.09 Portable" (full version portable).
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canada
    Search Comp PM
    You don't need to install MediaInfo 19.09 Portable,just click on the exe,it will give you a couple options to use and then it will open.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    You don't need to install MediaInfo 19.09 Portable,just click on the exe,it will give you a couple options to use and then it will open.
    I know "MediaInfo 19.09 PORTABLE" is PORTABLE (no need to install)!, but I need PORTABLE version of "MediaInfo LITE"...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cannok View Post
    ... I need PORTABLE version of "MediaInfo LITE"...
    But they don't make one, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member DB83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    And even if they did why should you want it ?

    The 'Lite' is, apparently, very light on features (may be even a project outside the official MediaInfo project since I could not find a download for that from their official page)

    And whilst you subsequently claim that you did not want to install the full portable version you somewhat changed your tune when subsequently challenged.

    So, for the benefit of clarity, why would you not wish to run the 'full' portable version ?. After all that should give you benefit of all the program's features without an actual install.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    It's very light, see here:

    https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/MediaInfo-Lite.shtml


    I'm btw. also author of a MediaInfo GUI, link in signature.
    Thanks
    That's what exactly I have installed currently (MediaInfo Lite 1909, installer version). I need this app as portable (use it on flash memory).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    And even if they did why should you want it ?

    The 'Lite' is, apparently, very light on features (may be even a project outside the official MediaInfo project since I could not find a download for that from their official page)

    And whilst you subsequently claim that you did not want to install the full portable version you somewhat changed your tune when subsequently challenged.

    So, for the benefit of clarity, why would you not wish to run the 'full' portable version ?. After all that should give you benefit of all the program's features without an actual install.
    Lite version as it says is Lite! It's super fast when I right click on media and open "MediaInfo", and it's single simple media info page with no menu and extra info... just 2 tabs. I don't need full specs of media files, most of my use is about checking mp3 vbr or cbr and some video info that the Lite version can show me! (unfortunately Windows OS can not!, I need extra app). I need portable version of "MediaInfo Lite" to use it on my flash memory on more than one PC.

    The lite version is great for me (super super fast and super simple, exact description in its name: "LITE") if you like you can try it:
    https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/MediaInfo-Lite.shtml
    Quote Quote  
  8. THE KLITE CODEC PACK SITE repacks the mediainfo lite from the offficial mediainfo website
    https://codecguide.com/download_other.htmNote wit the installer you can add right click functionality ...
    install.. the 2 files on that install directory are pretty much portable..
    MediaInfo.dll
    MediaInfo.exe


    Copy those to your USB drive and you are good to go...


    * Sometimes you fo have to get the latest dll from here https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows
    (not in this version tho)
    Last edited by teodz1984; 4th Dec 2019 at 10:06.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ripbot264 Has latest version of so called mediainfo lite. Yes i wrote IT for user clsid...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by teodz1984 View Post
    THE KLITE CODEC PACK SITE repacks the mediainfo lite from the offficial mediainfo website
    https://codecguide.com/download_other.htmNote wit the installer you can add right click functionality ...
    install.. the 2 files on that install directory are pretty much portable..
    MediaInfo.dll
    MediaInfo.exe


    Copy those to your USB drive and you are good to go...


    * Sometimes you fo have to get the latest dll from here https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows
    (not in this version tho)
    Many thanks..
    I have those 2 files now, the exe is portable (beside the dll and that's portable!). But how can I add MediaInfo in right click? Without right click entry I have to open exe file (MediaInfo.exe) then browse the media (that's awful!). Is there any registry hack to add this "MediaInfo.exe" file to right click for media files (just for audios and videos, no need photos...)?
    Quote Quote  
  11. in principle portables shouldn't write to registry

    but im guessing right click functionality is gone becausevu need to put location of file. exe as the parameter for right click..
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member stax76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chamber 36
    Search PM
    But how can I add MediaInfo in right click? Without right click entry I have to open exe file (MediaInfo.exe) then browse the media (that's awful!). Is there any registry hack to add this "MediaInfo.exe" file to right click for media files (just for audios and videos, no need photos...)?
    Can be done with Open with++

    https://github.com/stax76/OpenWithPlusPlus
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by teodz1984 View Post
    in principle portables shouldn't write to registry

    but im guessing right click functionality is gone becausevu need to put location of file. exe as the parameter for right click..
    Yes, but it is possible to add manually, sometimes! Like "Notepad++ Minimalist" portable version, by adding a simple reg key to Win registry I have "Edit with Notepad" option in right click..
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    But how can I add MediaInfo in right click? Without right click entry I have to open exe file (MediaInfo.exe) then browse the media (that's awful!). Is there any registry hack to add this "MediaInfo.exe" file to right click for media files (just for audios and videos, no need photos...)?
    Can be done with Open with++

    https://github.com/stax76/OpenWithPlusPlus
    I downloaded and applied but nothing works! How should I do that? [I am not pro, that is complicated!]
    Another way that I tried to add MediaInfo to right click was by running "rundll32.exe" with CMD (rundll32.exe "mediainfo dll path"). I screwed up! Now I have "MediaInfo" right click entry on JPGs file formats only and when I click it doesn't work and worst thing is I can't delete that entry (I applied "regsvr32 /u" to unregister mediainfo dll but nothing works)!
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads