VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Please write me, who produces microsoft official media, which are used to install Windows, Office etc. I tried to find media id of Vista disc with DVDDecryptor, VsoInspector or othet software. They find nothing. Vsoinspector writes Medis ID- n/a. Please tell me about the manufactures or simply call their brands or Media IDs if you know it.
    Regards,
    Alexander
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Commercial software distribution discs are PRESSED, not "burned", so there is no "media id" to look for.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Something's fishy,

Gamainico??...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Something's fishy,

Gamainico??...

Scott
    Nah, gamey is powatrin on this forum now https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/394553-DVD-Media-structure

Also, I agree there's something odd about the OP's question. Hmmm...why would someone want/need to know what media Microsoft uses for their distros. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Something's fishy,

Gamainico??...

Scott
    Nah, gamey is powatrin on this forum now https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/394553-DVD-Media-structure

Also, I agree there's something odd about the OP's question. Hmmm...why would someone want/need to know what media Microsoft uses for their distros. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I've wondered (from time to time), if the worlds biggest purveyer of bootleg software is also the manufacturer of official microsoft windows disks/media, , , , , ?
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some pressing plants run afterhours to produce extra discs and anything else (parts, electronics, toys, etc) that they're licensed to manufacture.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Having worked at such a plant, anything more than a very few, very minor occurrences (perhaps as personal demo samples for workers), would raise such red flags that they would lose their contracts, possibly license, and possibly even have to shut down. They won't bite the hand that feeds them (or "crap" in their bed).

But the yohoho is more likely AFA the OP request is concerned.

Scott
    Quote Quote