VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. From what I read it's not possible on a MKV. It's only possible if you have the original Bluray using DVDFab. Is this true?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No - it really depends on the playback device. If you burn a MKV file to disc and play it in a standalone DVD player or BD player and cinavia is present in the file then it will trigger the player, assuming it's a modern device. Playback the same MKV file from hdd via a media player like DUNE, or Popcorn or similar and it will have no effect. So it's not file format but rather the playback device that matters. I have a number of Blu ray discs that have cinavia so since they are legit they playback ok in my Pioneer Blu ray player. I have ripped the movies from these discs to my QNAP NAS that services the entire house and Cinavia has no effect.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. I want to convert the MKV to DVD/Bluray and play it on a Cinavia enabled machine. Is this possible?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    I want to convert the MKV to DVD/Bluray and play it on a Cinavia enabled machine. Is this possible?
    Yep! DVDFab https://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-cinavia-removal.htm?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Only if you have a non-Cinavia version of the same audio track to replace the one on your .mkv. This is what DVDFab and any other Cinavia removal program does. Which is why the movie has to be in their database and the program has to have internet access, to download the non-Cinavia track.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    I want to convert the MKV to DVD/Bluray and play it on a Cinavia enabled machine. Is this possible?
    Yep! DVDFab https://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-cinavia-removal.htm?
    Are you sure? I thought DVDFab requires the original untouched disc to match it against their database. Will a .mkv converted back to a DVD/Blu-Ray work?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    Only if you have a non-Cinavia version of the same audio track to replace the one on your .mkv. This is what DVDFab and any other Cinavia removal program does. Which is why the movie has to be in their database and the program has to have internet access, to download the non-Cinavia track.
    Thanks for clarifying, so this basically means Cinavia can't be removed from the audio track.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    Thanks for clarifying, so this basically means Cinavia can't be removed from the audio track.
    Not without mangling the audio. Cheaper option is to get a cheap media player box and play off hdd or attached USB drive etc..
    Quote Quote  
  9. Amazing, they finally created an uncrackable DRM.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have yet to have a issue with a standalone device
    Using USB on a bluray player is hit/miss depending on the implementation. There is no current way to do so and maintain audio quality, it's probably going to stay like that as its trivial to playback the file on non bluray players
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm genuinely surprised at how many people, mainly it appears in the USA and UK or maybe that just reflects population, that still use disc as a medium. The majority of friends I know including neighbours have moved on to portable hdd and memory sticks as they are so cheap now and of course streaming. Media players are free of Cinavia so that's the way to go to make backups of original discs, even they are going with download pay sites like Apple etc.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use dvd r as a archive medium. I rip my movies and save them as my own digital copy with pertinent kodi NFO files. Im just doing 480p so i get 4-6 hrs on a disc. If/when a hard drive crashes I just copy the directory off the disc back to the new server
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could buy an older ps3 and play mkv files on it with cinavia.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote