VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. so i have been trying to edit this template on after effects for a trailer for a party i have i figured out how to change texts after 3 hours and i figured how to render it but when i try to render it the files are too big and takes forever . my pc wont run adobe encoder as my ram is to low so im left with nothing i can do.. can anyone help me render it and making it mp4 please? i really need this video

first time posting in this forum i literally googled editing help
    Last edited by Baldrick; 20th Nov 2019 at 14:08. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know that After Effects can output MP4 files without Media Encoder. Have you tried closing After Effects and just opening your saved file in Media Encoder to save ram?
    Last edited by KarMa; 20th Nov 2019 at 16:16. Reason: Added "you"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    I don't know that After Effects can output MP4 files without Media Encoder. Have tried closing After Effects and just opening your saved file in Media Encoder to save ram?
    won't let me download media encoder without 8gb ram and i only have 4
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can try purging the disk cache (under edit,) but it sounds like your computer is underpowered. Wherever there is transparency or calculated light effects or motion blurs, etc., a lot of rendering horsepower (RAM+GPU+CPU) is required.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    You can try purging the disk cache (under edit,) but it sounds like your computer is underpowered. Wherever there is transparency or calculated light effects or motion blurs, etc., a lot of rendering horsepower (RAM+GPU+CPU) is required.
    yeah it's really old that's why i was asking if anyone could render it for me
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What file type did you output already with After Effects? Might be able to encode it to something else in a different program. I don't use AE which is why I ask.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Things that can help:

1. Do clip pre-edits, then clean out all cache so it only builds w very small handles
    2. Render intermediates to native codec for your version of Adobe (usu hi bitrate iframe mpeg2, intra-avc...?)
    3. Render individual layers, then combine to master
    4. Set your render in & out points to small segments, then assemble
    5. Do conversion to consumer distribution codec externally, like ffmpeg
    6. Render complete audio, separately, remux after
    7. If possible, pre-render the effects
    8. Make 4 proxies like a quad split, render each quadrant individually, then use avisynth, etc to recompose them (works well this way if you need to edit 8k master, for example)
    9. Apply NR or color reduction, if possible, so the encoder can breeze through the material
    10. Understand that when underpowered, it SHOULD take forever.

Hope that helps,

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!