VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is incredible how many films are now edited and graded in Davinci Resolve. Let me know if you find any other films that have been done on davinci resolve. The list keeps on going on of hollywood feature films. Wow! Tell me here if you find any others. I also came across this video showing them all so good!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG1vCxkwsf0
    Quote Quote  
  2. While those films were probably graded in Resolve, many of them were made long before Resolve was a even a halfway viable editing system. I suspect very few were actually edited in Resolve.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, it's nice to see that Davinci Resolve is used in so many good movies, I recently watched "Cosmos" (2019) which is a SciFi movie, and a nice one to watch, recomended !
    There are also nice Youtube guides to learn the features of Davinci Resolve, even if you don't buy any BMD hardware the (one time) license price for the Studio version is a steal, compaired to the "subscribtions" of other software packages, that are in the same class.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, it's a steal. But to be clear, those films that were produced didn't use the FREE version. Their needs went well beyond the capability of the free version.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    True but many features you really don't need, like picture noise reduction and network functions, but like i said, even the Studio version is cheap compaired to the others, and you also hear from changes in the other software, which the regular users are not happy with, what you pay for the Studio version is an one time expence.
    The only thing what may be a thing is, that the de-interlace function is in the Studio version, and you need to switch to High Sierra on the MAC, if you want to go on with the updates of Davinci.

Btw. in editing Davinci scores also, there are lot of improvements done over time.
    Quote Quote