VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Scarredjoker View Post
    I even try m2ts file made wit tsmuxer but It didn't work had only the 2d.
    But the ISO created by tsMuxer did work as in: it was accepted by the player? You absolutely can remux 3D with it.

2. Yes but could only display the 2d content and the iso and the remux. It's not 3d iso,3d mvc mkv capable. On sbs tab kodi is doing a great job on shield with plex addon and without. And the tv can do only sbs,tab without pgs subtitles

3. Originally Posted by Scarredjoker View Post
    The movie starts and auto switch to 3d but if I disable the 3d I see 2d only one image. Should be 2 images sbs or tab?
    That means simply that your TV is smart. My Samsung does exactly the same thing. It knows that the movie is encoded in 3D SBS, and it shows it by default in 3D. If you disable the 3D, it is smart enough to shows the main view in 2D. The only mode that you don't want to see as it's totally useless is the SBS with two images at the same time!

Most software players can show you the movie in 3D, 2D (main or second view only) or the original (two SBS views), but the TVs are usually less sophisticated. Don't worry, you have a good TV !
    Last edited by r0lZ; 25th Nov 2019 at 05:28. Reason: typo
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV

4. Thank you for the information. That solved the mystery.

5. I was in a hurry this morning, and I have read the whole thread only now. So, why is your TV showing the 3D MKV files automatically in 3D and when switched to 2D, why is it shown in the correct 2D format (only a single view with the correct aspect ratio) ?

The players can detect 3D and the 3D encoding mode (half or full SBS, TAB, FS or MVC) by 3 means.

The first method is the stereo-mode metadata in the MKV header (defined by Matroska). IMO, it's the best method, because it specifies not only SBS, TAB or FS, but also if the left view comes first (left, top or first frame for respectively SBS, TAB and FS). The aspect ratio specifies also indirectly if it's Half or Full SBS/TAB. Another advantage is that that flag can easily be added or modified with the mkvtoolnix header editor. Unfortunately, many hardware players (notably my Samsung TV) ignore that metadata (and almost everything from the MKV header).

The second method is the frame-packing metadata included in the h264 video stream during the video encoding. The frame-packing cannot specify the order of the views, but BD3D2MK3D stores always the left view first, regardless of the order of the views in the original BD, to respect the de-facto standard for SBS and TAB. As far as I know, it is not possible to edit that metadata without re-encoding, although a tool that can modify it may exist. My Samsung TV respects that flag. It's also the way the 3D movies are identified on Youtube. (BTW, only h264 streams support it. x265 has no CLI argument to specify it.)

Finally, the player can also recognise special strings (like SBS, HSBS or 3D-LRQ) in the filename. PotPlayer (my preferred software player to play 3D movies) knows that special strings, and it likes especially 3D-LRQ (for left-right quashed, aka SBS with the views in the classic order) or 3D-RLQ (for right-left quashed, with the inverted views). SBS and HSBS do not specify the view order. Of course, it is easy to edit the file name to specify another 3D format or to make it compatible with your player, but IMO it's the less good method, because it is not recognised by most hardware players. Note that the MKV extension .MK3D denotes also a 3D movie, but it's not sufficient to define its format, and most hardware players do not recognize the files with that extension as movies !

I have decided to support the 3 methods in BD3D2MK3D. The first two methods are obviously good to have anyway, and there is an option to define what 3D extension you want by default in the filename.

I don't know what method forces your TV to play a single view of a SBS movie when you switch off the 3D option, but I guess it's the frame-packing in the h264 video stream. It's probably because that flag is rarely specified during the encoding that the other movies do not have that feature. Yes, "feature", it's certainly not an issue. As I wrote above, it's certainly a good thing to be able to watch correctly a 3D movie in 2D.
    Last edited by r0lZ; 25th Nov 2019 at 05:28.

6. Ok now you explain everything. Yes I was worrying why i dont have 2 views when I switch to 2D like other 3D files encoded by others with other soft.
    If this is a feature and not an issue that's great. Thank you!

7. This forum is enabling software pirate and copyright violator r0lZ with his BD3D2MKD software. I have notified him several times that he is violating my copyrights and licensing. I demand that you delete his threads about BD3D2MKD until he removes my copyrighted materials.

8. The explanation of this OT message can be found here.
    BD3D2MK3D will be released without DGMVCSource (useless anyway) when the pressure will be off, 10 days after the last public message on this subject.

9. I'm not going to let a software pirate and copyright violator bully me. You have no right to make such demands. Stop being a dick and get my copyrighted material out of your distribution! I am going to hound you until the end of time until you do so.

Search PM
    DG, or veresov if you like, sounds like you are being spiteful & childish, for no particular reason. But, how do you even know he is DISTRIBUTING your software? If he is, he can stop, but then he could just recommend the end user get your software themselves.
    Just like scripts & guis can utilize ffmpeg as a backend, there is never an "incorporation" of your software INTO his app, it is just sending stuff to your app like any other user, and then using the output, like any other user. It is not "misusing" your app either, just adding value. Which you ought to appreciate.
    You could monetize your app, but then you might lose other users.
    Are you using GPL, LGPL, BSD, CopyLeft? You might need to check that your efforts to keep him from using your app is not in itself a violation of those terms.
    I recommend you just let the petty feud go.

Scott

11. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    DG, or veresov if you like, sounds like you are being spiteful & childish, for no particular reason.
    I don't care what you think about me and it is irrelevant.

But, how do you even know he is DISTRIBUTING your software?
    It is contained in his distribution.

If he is, he can stop, but then he could just recommend the end user get your software themselves.
    That is exactly what I want to happen. But r0lZ is being unreasonable in placing demands on me for him to stop violating my copyrights. It's despicable.

Just like scripts & guis can utilize ffmpeg as a backend, there is never an "incorporation" of your software INTO his app, it is just sending stuff to your app like any other user, and then using the output, like any other user.
    No. He is redistributing my copyrighted materials.

It is not "misusing" your app either, just adding value. Which you ought to appreciate.
    That is totally irrelevant. He is violating my copyrights, which I own and assert.

You could monetize your app, but then you might lose other users.
    I will be quite happy to have no users for DGMVCSource.

Are you using GPL, LGPL, BSD, CopyLeft? You might need to check that your efforts to keep him from using your app is not in itself a violation of those terms.
    DGMVCSource was withdrawn. There is no license.

12. Originally Posted by veresov View Post
    I will be quite happy to have no users for DGMVCSource.
    And that's why some people accuse you of being spiteful and petty.

13. DG-derangement is a terrible thing. I will pray for you.

14. Originally Posted by veresov View Post
    DG-derangement is a terrible thing.
    No idea what that means. Enlighten me.

Originally Posted by veresov View Post
    I will pray for you.
    Don't bother your invisible friend with such small matters.

15. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why are you so upset for having your software included in a package when there's no charge for it and the still gives you credit for making it?Lots of software packages incorporate software that's from other sources and there is never a problem,just yours.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.

16. That's all irrelevant. r0lZ is violating my copyrights. Unlikely to get any monetary damages, but at least he can be shamed as the thief that he is.

While I have your attention, I understand that Baldrick and/or VideoHelp is hosting redistribution of my copyrighted materials. Should I shame Baldrick and/or VideoHelp for enabling and condoning copyright violation? You've been informed; you can't ignore it.
    Last edited by veresov; 25th Nov 2019 at 15:18.

17. Originally Posted by veresov View Post
    That's all irrelevant. r0lZ is violating my copyrights. Unlikely to get any monetary damages, but at least he can be shamed as the thief that he is.

While I have your attention, I understand that Baldrick and/or VideoHelp is hosting redistribution of my copyrighted materials. Should I shame Baldrick and/or VideoHelp for enabling and condoning copyright violation? You've been informed; you can't ignore it.
    You made that plugin available for everyone and now you are calling US thieves? You are really mental. Admin should ban you for stalking.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20191115103844/http://rationalqm.us/dgmvcsource/

Are you going to sue archive.org now?!
    Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 25th Nov 2019 at 17:42.

18. Insult me all you want. I don't care.

I never granted copyright to anybody. I own and assert my copyright. r0lZ is a thief that is violating my copyright. VideoHelp is enabling and condoning it. After a little thought, I'm sure Baldrick will come to his senses and force r0lZ to comply.

I can send Wayback a take-down letter:

https://help.archive.org/hc/en-us/articles/360004716091-Wayback-Machine-General-Information

At this time I am focused on r0lZ's despicable behavior.
    Last edited by veresov; 25th Nov 2019 at 18:11.

19. Originally Posted by veresov View Post
    Insult me all you want. I don't care.

I never granted copyright to anybody. I own and assert my copyright. r0lZ is a thief that is violating my copyright. VideoHelp is enabling and condoning it. After a little thought, I'm sure Baldrick will come to his senses and force r0lZ to comply.

I can send Wayback a take-down letter:

https://help.archive.org/hc/en-us/articles/360004716091-Wayback-Machine-General-Information

At this time I am focused on r0lZ's despicable behavior.
    I'm going to copy those files from archive.org and upload somewhere (server in russia) just to piss you off. You are extremely naive If you think that internet forgets! You will never win.
    Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 26th Nov 2019 at 02:12.

20. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Calm down boys. I will investigate this issue. But it might take some weeks...

21. Banned
    Search PM
    Warez rules
    What is warez? Obtained movies/tv-series/tv-shows/software either through download, torrent, etc that breaks the copyright.
    Do NOT advocate warez
    Advocate warez. Recommending the use of warez.
    I'm going to copy those files from archive.org and upload somewhere (server in russia) just to piss you off. You are extremely naive If you think that internet forgets! You will never win.
    Is Atak advocating using of warez

Search PM
    Looks to me like dg had no issue with the use for a while (years?) until something personally soured, and this is an attempt to "poison the well".

If that license were updated without a noticeable change in the software, that ship has sailed.
    If there is a substantially new version out, and that version incorporates a new license structure (one which does not specifically and explicitly deny certain individuals, but rather requires "pre-authorization"), that version would have full right to not be incorporated. But then there would still be no reason why a developer couldn't continue to incorporate the former version. That happens all the time, even to the major players.

Scott

<edit>this software seems to operate much like an external gui, so there should be no prohibition if the app expects the end user to do their own downloading & acquiring of the supporting "library"</edit>
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 26th Nov 2019 at 19:24.

23. Banned
    Search PM
    Atak's post is clearly implying that the validity of the copyright is irrelevant, he will post the files on a Russian server ( they are known to follow international law) so all can download them with no concern to copyrights
    I can understand his disregard to software copyright violations since he is strictly a GUI programmer for a file chunking software

24. Banned
    Search PM
    <edit>this software seems to operate much like an external gui, so there should be no prohibition if the app expects the end user to do their own downloading & acquiring of the supporting "library"</edit>
    That is the problem, that GUI directly distributes the software, no separate download required

25. DGMVCSource has been created by DG at my request, for inclusion in BD3D2MK3D. Breaking this tacit agreement abruptly and without any reason as he did is the only cause of the problem. The version currently distributed with my program is still linked to the previous license, and it is therefore legit to continue to distribute it. However, I have decided to remove it anyway, as I don't want to be indebted to DG for anything, and I don't need it since FRIMSource does exactly the same thing. However, I ask that no mention be made of this matter for 10 days before publishing the new version, to let things cool down. Throwing oil on the fire is no use. Thank you for keeping the truce, and I will keep my promise.

26. Banned
    Search PM
    Just remove it now, because not removing it is throwing oil on the fire
    As far as the reason, let us summarize
    DG wrote DGMVCSource at your request
    You then insult him by calling his software unstable
    He asks you to stop using his software
    You respond by bashing DGMVCSource, and refuse
    Have a good look in the mirror

27. A first alpha release is by definition unstable. No offence here. But refusing to let me use his program is a breach of contract.
    I will not reply any more to this question. The date for the release of BD3D2MK3D without DGMVCSource is now december 7, if and only if there are no other public messages on this subject.

28. Banned
    Search PM
    And by definition you are committing extortion, if anyone brings up your insults you will not abide by the authors' wishes
    I guess it now December 8

29. Banned
    Search PM
    rOlZ
    If he is, he can stop, but then he could just recommend the end user get your software themselves.
    That is exactly what I want to happen
    Because of your 'silly' pettiness people can't download DGMVCSource
    Give your users a choice between FRIM and DGMVC, they can download the latter, and allow others, who have no interset in your GUI, to download DGMVC as well.
    You are interfering with other peoples projects
    Why? because they don't need your GUI, or you just being a royal dickhead?
    Add another day or two until Baldrick gives out his predetermined answer
    By the way, the EU isn't the whole world despite the attitude from you and certain others

30. Find out before you insult others. It is DG who refuses that his software be used with mine. I can't even ask others to download it, which is against all laws, even in the USA. All this because I had the audacity to say that I will only integrate his demuxer into BD3D2MK3D after he has emerged from a potentially unstable alpha phase. Then who should be insulted? I apologized publicly (even if I didn't know why) and did everything I could to calm him down, to no avail. Have you noticed that you're the only one still defending him? Do you really think it's by chance?

In any case, it is high time to put an end to this lamentable affair, for which I am in no way responsible. Don't count on me to get into a battle of insults. I leave that to those who have no valid argument. I will no longer answer, and will do what I have said, no more, no less.

And stop polluting other people's threads with your unnecessary considerations.