VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Please share encoding application/software names if used for below codec ID & writing application (Staxrip, RipBotx264, HandBrake etc) I want to encode the video using same Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41) & writing application. Please share this good application name.

Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)

Writing application : Lavf57.83.100
    Quote Quote  
  2. Probably ffmpeg

probably an older version if Lavf57.83.100 , maybe a few years old

This is from Nov 2019
    Writing application : Lavf58.32.104

From Feb 2019
    Writing application : Lavf58.26.101
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the response, do you have any complete commands/guides of ffmpeg for video encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks, but I am very new to command line encoding and it's difficult for me to understand that documentation.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Start with this page.

https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html

It takes you through step by step. You don't need to learn all of it at once, just enough to accomplish your goal.

(And you did request "complete commands/guides of ffmpeg for video encoding. ")
    Quote Quote  
  6. nobody said ffmpeg would be easy.. take your time to study it..
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by teodz1984 View Post
    nobody said ffmpeg would be easy.. take your time to study it..
    FFMPEG is really easy, it is not rocket science or nuclear physics ))
    What I hate in FFMPEG, that it has command line software, people must type on keyboard, except if you use a graphic application.
    It is very backward in modern HW encoders... HW encoders based on FFMPEG have bad quality, no wonder that clever people use rather Rigaya's version for HW encoding instead of the backward FFMPEG.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FFMpeg can be daunting (hard) to learn for some, especially if you need some function right away. Maybe I can help with an example and explanation of the script.

Code:
    ffmpeg -i 'C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\G50_25_Test_Pattern_w_sound.mp4" -ss 00:00:00.000 -to 00:99:00.000 -vf smartblur=1:0.2:6,unsharp=5:5:0.25,eq=1.1:0.1:1.1:0.9:1.0:1.0:1.0:1.0,scale=854:480,setdar=1.779 -vcodec libx264 -crf 22 -r 25.000  -acodec aac -ac 2 -ar 44.1k -b:a 128k  "C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\G50_25_Test_Pattern_w_sound__Edited_1.mp4"
    The above takes a 640x480 video, within 0-99 minutes, Blurs it, sharpens it, Final processes it (bright, contrast, gamma. colors,etc, scales it,sets display aspect, quality and frame rate.

ffmpeg = name of the program to run

-i = input the following program

'C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\G50_25_Test_Pattern_w_sound. mp4" = Name of video to process

-ss 00:00:00.000 -to 00:99:00.000 = set time of video to process

-vf = The list of Video Filters(vf)
    smartblur=1:0.2:6,unsharp=5:5:0.25,eq=1.1:0.1:1.1: 0.9:1.0:1.0:1.0:1.0,scale=854:480,setdar=1.779 list of video filters, each different layout, must be researched at first until you become familiar

-vcodec libx264 = Video codec to encode with
    -crf 22 = quality you are attempting to achieve. (20-22 about equal to source.

-r 25.000 = Frame rate of output video

-acodec aac = audio codec to encode audio

-ac 2 = set channels to 2 for audio

-ar 44.1k = sample rate of audio

-b:a 128k = bit rate of audio

"C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\G50_25_Test_Pattern_w_sound_ _Edited_1.mp4" = Output video file name

You can Match the functions and their representation with the pictorial below. Then read and adjust for your use.

[Attachment 50885 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Budman1; 16th Nov 2019 at 22:15. Reason: inadvertent sending before finishing.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks for the support, i'll back to all of you for commands using help & guide.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi! Everyone,

Anybody would like to advise/guide regarding ffmpeg 2 pass encoding commands that typed one time and runs after each Pass 1 & Pass 2 (don't want to type for pass 2) with required file size. I've tried different commands available on web but unfortunately didn't get the success.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi! Budman1

Thanks for the response, would you like to advise regarding the use of following configuration.

1. What ffmpeg commands use for using Apple QuickTime Writing Library and Apple codecs to encode video.

2. How to define/strickt "Limited" color range in FFmpeg command.

3. How to define/strict or convert NTSC to PAL standard in ffmpeg commands.

4. How to encode mkv video in ffmpeg using writing application: mkvmerge & writing library: libebml + libmatroska.

5. How to disable CABAC encoding.

Hope you help & guide same as earlier.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's no magic easy high quality encoder, if the video was that good it most likely reflects the encoding chops of the one who used it. Encoding is compliicated and there's no real way to make it easy.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks Hoser!

Would you like to help about complicated encoding as I requested earlier regarding the FFmpeg required commands/guides.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi! Everyone,

Anybody would like to share the encoding application/software name for the attached pic.

Thanks!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mp42.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	51166  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For those posters earlier in this thread, wanting to learn FFMPEG:

I've been accumulating my FFMPEG knowledge over the last 7 or 8 years, in one of my webpages (mostly just so I can remember how to
    do various operations). FFMPEG is, BY FAR, my go-to tool for video-editing (after having used other tools such as VLC, and Handbrake, etc).

My webpage on video and audio contains a sprinkling of various 'ffmpeg' cmd-lines, from easiest to more complex, and is located here:
    http://weasel.firmfriends.us/GeeksHomePages/subj-video-and-audio.html

I hope you find it helpful.

'
    -- SarasotaSlim
    (VLC rules, but StaxRip and FreeMake are certainly contenders)
    Quote Quote