VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys. I know you are all magicians.

I saw another thread about the same guy asking for help to grab a licence plate from a moving vehicle.

Someone hit me and ran.
    I'm trying to do it myself but it's quite difficult.

Here are the 2 original files.
    1st file is of the accident. You can see the BMW from the right side slam into me.
    2nd file at the VERY END, you can see the 3rd car on the left that leaves the scene is the BMW that hit me.
    I know it's that car because I saw the car right before it slammed into me.

You know how it is, insurance will screw me if there's no one held accountable.

Please help me and give it your best shot at grabbing that guy's plate.

I'm trying AutoStakkert 3, but not so sure how to use it lol

File 1, Accident:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/wizqgi9q5ciu2gc/191113_224305_942_HI.MP4/file

File 2, 3rd car, BMW that caused it:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/212xtuvdi12wai3/191113_224356_943_HI.MP4/file
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's up to the insurance company to determine who hit you. You only have to show them you weren't at fault. Give them the original video to analyze and get a half-decent lawyer. Was anyone injured?

It appears to be a minor fender-bender, someone sliding into an intersection on an icy day. Probably costs them less to just pay for the repairs than to pursue it.
    Last edited by smrpix; 14th Nov 2019 at 06:57.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    It's up to the insurance company to determine who hit you. You only have to show them you weren't at fault. Give them the original video to analyze and get a half-decent lawyer. Was anyone injured?

It appears to be a minor fender-bender, someone sliding into an intersection on an icy day. Probably costs them less to just pay for the repairs than to pursue it.
    It's not a minor fender-bender.

The whole rear door is smashed in.
    I was also pushed into someone else, but it was one of those work vans with a steel bumper and he only got a small dent.
    My rear bumper is smashed in and rear quarter panel is smashed in as well from hitting the van.

Insurance would deem me at fault. That's how it works in Ontario, Canada. We have the highest insurance rate premiums all of Canada.
    They will screw me and deem it total loss, well obviously because of the age of the car.

So I would love to get this guy to screw him over for a hit and run, repairs I can do myself.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You don't need Autostakkert,you need to try photoshop motion deblur as first frames from second video where BMW appears there are some letters visible but blurred.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote