VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I am a real newbie in video editing...
    rarely used Windows movie maker for few simple tasks I need sometimes.

I import clip and adding a slide before and then after a clip. I found simple technics for these requirements and used them.

I used Windows MovieMaker on Windows 10. Now I have a new build on new computer and cannot find the source of old MM.
    I downloaded Windows 10 movie maker, but cannot find any way to access the menus, insert the slides. So I feel like first time touching a computer .

On this web site I found a link to old movie maker (2012). Sorry for naïve question. Is it guaranteed to be safe or site owners are not responsible for the content for download?
    And other question is MovieMaker 10 is not less capable than old one. May be I don't see options because of not paid version downloaded from MS Store?

Or the basic things I mentioned are doable in free version.
    If yes please tell how to access menus for inserting slides.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Although sometimes rather old software available for download at VideoHelp does work correctly on newer versions of Windows, there is no guarantee this will be true in every case. However, software downloaded from VideoHelp should not contain any malware.

VideoHelp's owner checks software with VirusTotal before making the download available from VideoHelp itself. (VirusTotal is a website which, as described by Wikipedia, "aggregates many antivirus products and online scan engines to check for viruses that the user's own antivirus may have missed, or to verify against any false positives")
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Although sometimes rather old software available for download at VideoHelp does work correctly on newer versions of Windows, there is no guarantee this will be true in every case. However, software downloaded from VideoHelp should not contain any malware.

VideoHelp's owner checks software with VirusTotal before making the download available from VideoHelp itself. (VirusTotal is a website which, as described by Wikipedia, "aggregates many antivirus products and online scan engines to check for viruses that the user's own antivirus may have missed, or to verify against any false positives")
    Thank you very much for explanation.

Could somebody answer about Windows 10 Movie Maker.
    Does it actually includes all the features old one had?
    How to access menus?
    Or there is big limitation between paid and free versions?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The classic Windows Movie Maker is free, always was.
    I think the feature list remained the same.
    You can expand some features with a variety of plugins, free and paid.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Barrythecrab View Post
    The classic Windows Movie Maker is free, always was.
    I think the feature list remained the same.
    You can expand some features with a variety of plugins, free and paid.
    I am asking about Movie Maker 10 - Tell your storyImage
    [Attachment 50833 - Click to enlarge]

By seeing shortcuts it looks like it has not less features than the previous. The question I cannot figure out where are menus.
    Probably simple but I am missing something.

I need to insert slides in the clip for example and don't see any option for that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. aahhh … I just tried to click on trim tool … and it says that this feature is in paid version only. Do you want to purchase?
    Sure I say no... for such a basic thing. I just download old ver that I am familiar with. The only thing that it still uses .net3 that is out of support (I mean no security patches).
    Finally, not a big deal
    Quote Quote