VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello All,
    I have an issue trying to edit files in Losslesscut. When I first loaded the program everything worked great. Now it just hangs and never loads the video.

I have downloaded Chrome and tried to get the mp4 file to play in chrome, since Losslesscut is based on chrome. Chrome will not play the file either, it just locks up and I have to manually kill the browser.

This mp4 file will play in everything else, VLC, Firefox, etc.

I have tried encoding the video differently using FFmpeg (ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -vcodec h264 output.mp4) and it still will not play or load for edit.

Anyone seen this before?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I was working with version2.4.0. I tried 1.5.0 and 2.1.0 and 2.6.2 for good measure. They all do the same thing. I go to File open select the MP4 file I see the spinning gear. It goes away and I click on play or the scroll bar and I get a non responsive grayed out window.

Deleted my temp folder and Appdata\roaming both lossless cut folders from there thinking maybe its a stuck file somewhere.

I also noticed when dragging and dropping the file onto Lossless cut the cursor changes to the no symbol Ø

I have tested this on another windows 10 machine, with the 2.4.0 version and it opens the file. I also noticed on this other machine I get a little pop up window on lossless saying that it is working. I don't see this on the problem computer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Could some one explain to me where the javascript console is? I can get the developers console open but I don't know what to copy.

From the Github of lossless when creating a new issue...
    "If you have an issue with cutting a particular file, or an unexpected bug or crash, please open developer tools after starting LosslessCut and before doing the failing operation. Then share the output from the javascript console."
    Quote Quote