VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have four MPV files. They're four quarters of a football game. Three are 704x576 and mux together perfectly. One is 352x576 and won't co-operate.

How can I scale it vertically to match everything else (which it already does on playback anyway, presumably due to an aspect ratio flag or something) while keeping it compatible with the other three?
    Quote Quote  
  2. That one has to be re-encoded to match if you want to append them

If it's interlaced, you'd need to double rate deinterlace, scale, re-interlace

Encode using the same settings as the other files, then append
    Quote Quote  
  3. Since the smaller clip only requires resizing horizontally it doesn't need to be deinterlaced before scaling.

Another possibility is remux the videos into TS files, then just append the TS files. Resolution changes are allowed in TS files. Not all players will handle the changes properly though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Since the smaller clip only requires resizing horizontally it doesn't need to be deinterlaced before scaling.
    Yes, sorry my bad
    Quote Quote  
  5. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Probably my bad actually, I got it wrong in the OP.

However, none are my files originally and I'm not sure what settings were used, so I'm not sure how to go about the re-encoding step. I'd rather not re-encode the other three if that's avoidable.
    Quote Quote