VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Big newbie here. Windows suddenly updated on me overnight and it broke a bunch of shit. One of those is MPC-HC not showing subtitles anymore. Absolutely nothing was changed in the settings. Its renderer is EVR (Custom). Also, it looks like this. It has jagged lines everywhere. It wasn't like this before.

After Windows updated, it downgraded my AMD drivers and so I upgraded them to 19.9.2. That might be related.

I've tried reinstalling MPC-HC a bunch of times and even using MPC-BE but to no avail. I really need help here. If you need more information, let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try View -> Options -> Playback -> Output -> DirectShow Video... use the pulldown to try a different output device (some support subs, some not). And on the same dialog, near the bottom right make sure the Resizer isn't set to Nearest Neighbor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All of them seem to have similar results. No subtitles. It was never set to Nearest Neighbor. I'm just wondering why would it be different now if I'm still using the exact same settings and I'm even playing the same video. Windows must have broken something somewhere.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jericjan View Post
    All of them seem to have similar results. No subtitles.
    Did you exit the program and restart after changing the setting? The change doesn't take effect until the next time you run the player. Did you verify subtitle were enabled? Play -> Subtitles -> Enabled. Try running the player as Administrator.

Originally Posted by jericjan View Post
    It was never set to Nearest Neighbor.
    Did you try changing the setting?

Originally Posted by jericjan View Post
    I'm just wondering why would it be different now if I'm still using the exact same settings and I'm even playing the same video. Windows must have broken something somewhere.
    More likely the graphics drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It has to be the graphics drivers. For now, I'm using MPV because it also supports SVP like MPC-HC.
    Quote Quote