VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm trying to import video clips from the Black Magic Mini Recorder 4K Video Capture Card into Pinnacle 22. The clips are saved in Media Express -1080p/30fps. Is there a way to export those clips into Pinnacle?

Thank You
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can't you just import them into Pinnacle directly from their location on your hard drive?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you. I discovered that as my research continued. Its seems that I need to down scale from HDMI to composite video into the PINNACLE - DAZZLE to IMPORT.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ???
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I was trying to shift video files from Black Magic Mini Recorder 4K Video Capture into Pinnacle 22 editing software and having difficulty in doing so. It was brought to my attention (after posting this thread) that Pinnacle 22 will not import video files from the Black Magic Mini Recorder. The only solution to this issue is using the Pinnacle Dazzle capture device. The Black Magic Mini Recorder uses a HDMI output connector. The Dazzle inputs for capture are S-Video, Composite Video and Audio, no HDMI input therefore I will need to down scale from HDMI to s-video or composite to capture for editing any videos. I guess it's the only quick solution due to my current set of circumstances.
    Last edited by DLCP; 2nd Nov 2019 at 10:00.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It's still unclear to me why you're trying to capture DIRECTLY into Pinnacle 22.

Once the files are captured and on your hard drive (through Media Express) why not just drag them into Pinnacle?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I did drag them into Pinnacle but the clips wouldn't play in the timeline. It's has me baffled - it isn't with just one clip, its with all the clips from Media Express. All the files saved on the hard drive have a AVI extension whereas Pinnacle honors the file format along with many others. Speaking with others about this issue have suggested to try using the Dazzle to capture then edit and see if any other issues come up. It might be that the software isn't functioning correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Problem solved. Used a different computer.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by DLCP View Post
    I did drag them into Pinnacle but the clips wouldn't play in the timeline.
    For future reference, that information would have been useful in your initial post.

Glad you got it sorted. Best of luck.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I agree and apologize for that. I was caught up in the frustration of dealing with the issue and a deadline. Thank you very much for your help.
    Quote Quote